Bledsoe County at Marion County

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't brag about your win against stone. Bledsoe barely beat them. Bledsoe is all talk. My Prediction Marion County by 24 or by whatever they want it to be. They need to use the 2nd half of this game to give their freshmans' some playing time. Go Marion County!!!!!!!!!!

You might want to worry about Austin-East.... Especially with it being Stone's homecoming and pray A-E don't blow the scoreboard up as they beat you on the cow pasture field up there....

warrior4ever, I was just stating an opinion but I guess you are the only one allowed to have one. You are right a little success, in 1A, how bout 3 playoff appearances in 4 years and 3 coach of the year awards in 4 years, along with a quarterfinal appearance losing to the state Champ on a last second pass 26-21. So I don't need your approval or acknowledgement of my coaching ability,not trying to brag but the record speaks for itself. Also don't worry I am definitely focusing on my team and we will be ready to play White Co. Friday, but playing Rhea co., Cleveland and Red Bank is a little different than squeaking by Grace, and Stone. We will be fine over here in time as it is another rebuilding project, look at the teams record the previous 3 years, and by the way we were only 3-7 out wet the 1st year also. We are improving every week and from a facilities, discipline and technique standpoint we have made huge strides.

Anyway even though I am somewhere else I keep up with the valley teams and just gave my opinion on the game and wanted to clear up some things I felt were wrong. Cannon has lost 21-6 to York, who drilled Bledsoe last year and some say are even better this year, 27-26 to Westmoreland, who the Warriors have never beaten and to Marion Co. 21-14. Those three games were all close and could have gone either way. He has beaten Dekalb, who beat upperman, FRA, not a real strong team, Sequatchie Co. and Jackson Co. 4-3 is a decent record and they are a better team than you think. Again I hope the best for both Warrior teams as I have friends on either side but I still feel Marion squeaks out a close one 20-12.

I am not and have not questioned what you have done in your coaching career. I have stated many, many times I wish only the best for you as well as your brother so don't get so defensive just because you are not exactly where you want to be in your career or program at this time. You should know as well as anyone things take time to get where you want to be. I do feel I must correct one statement that you have made in error. Bledsoe County has beaten Westmorland. It was in 1985 in the Chestnut Bowl (I think that was the name of it). The score was either 35-7 or 35-0, I can't remember exactly that has been several years ago. That was the year Bledsoe missed the playoffs before they went 10-2 and won 10 games for the first time in school history. Not that any of that makes any difference, just thought you would want to know and if you think you probably did know that and might have been there. Back to Friday's action, which is what this thread is about, Bledsoe Wins...just like they will next week, only Marion should be closer.

Go Warriors!

My,My, My you bledsoe fans sure are cocky going down the valley to the house that COLQUITT built.I may have to come up from north Georgia on our off week to hear that whistle blow.I am going with Marion on this I think they win by 7 to 10 points. I have been away for awhile and busy but cannot find PurpleGrad anywhere.Make a call PurpleGrad I am calling you out. I believe Marion is starting to turn the corner but Bledsoe your one solid win was sequatchie co. enough said.Who ever was talking about the refs at the stone game should be thankful for the gift they got at the Grace game.Bledsoe losing 27-18 with 5 minutes, Grace had 1 score called back along with 65yds in penalties to help Bledsoe come back and win! Sounds like a little home cooking to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My,My, My you bledsoe fans sure are cocky going down the valley to the house that COLQUITT built.I may have to come up from north Georgia on our off week to hear that whistle blow.I am going with Marion on this I think they win by 7 to 10 points. I have been away for awhile and busy but cannot find PurpleGrad anywhere.Make a call PurpleGrad I am calling you out. I believe Marion is starting to turn the corner but Bledsoe your one solid win was sequatchie co. enough said.Who ever was talking about the refs at the stone game should be thankful for the gift they got at the Grace game.Bledsoe losing 27-18 with 5 minutes, Grace had 1 score called back along with 65yds in penalties to help Bledsoe come back and win! Sounds like a little home cooking to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh well a win is a win!

Wardawg, don't let things get under your skin and take your focus away from business. I know you well enough to know you won't, but sometimes it helps to know there are folks out there supporting you in your efforts. You did a great job in West TN and looks like you have already made huge improvements to Central's program. Good luck the rest of the way through and know there are many of us over here pulling for you every week. Also, tell your little Bro good luck Friday with Upperman... I have obviously not seen Cannon play but it sounds like he really has them going in the right direction.

As for the battle of the "Warriors" I think it will be a close one all the way through, but in the end I think Bledsoe will pull this one out.

I keep looking at things and wonder why marion thinks they will be in this game and definately don't see cannon giving us anything other than a tune up. Even though we aren't playing quite up to our potential i believe it is a great week to really hit our stride and begin to gain momentum going into the play-offs. ok ok we have heard all we won't about the gold and silver balls but christmas is still a long way off and that is all that marion now has; christmas wishes and memories of days gone by, shoot i remember when i still had a head full of hair and wasn't slightly haha overweight but kids and grandkids will do that to you. as for the game; yesterday i spoke to several of my friends who say that this bledsoe team is the most athletic they have seen in at least 6 years and believe as i do that marion will not have an answer for thurman, colvard and watson. big blue big

I hope you find burpledrag prior to the game, Friday, cause after the game he and the rest of the North Kimball fans will be in hiding! When the reality of the true, present, situation, of these two programs, hits you North Kimball fans, it will feel like running into a brick wall!

Bledsoe - 27

North Kimball - 13

???????

I am assuming that you are not the "Rhodes Scholar" candidate from North Kimbell High.......

Polecat

o yeah i forgot that everybody knows bledsoe is known for their academics u cant even spell Kimball /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> see this is the stupidity that i was talking about

warrior4ever, I was just stating an opinion but I guess you are the only one allowed to have one. You are right a little success, in 1A, how bout 3 playoff appearances in 4 years and 3 coach of the year awards in 4 years, along with a quarterfinal appearance losing to the state Champ on a last second pass 26-21. So I don't need your approval or acknowledgement of my coaching ability,not trying to brag but the record speaks for itself. Also don't worry I am definitely focusing on my team and we will be ready to play White Co. Friday, but playing Rhea co., Cleveland and Red Bank is a little different than squeaking by Grace, and Stone. We will be fine over here in time as it is another rebuilding project, look at the teams record the previous 3 years, and by the way we were only 3-7 out wet the 1st year also. We are improving every week and from a facilities, discipline and technique standpoint we have made huge strides.

Anyway even though I am somewhere else I keep up with the valley teams and just gave my opinion on the game and wanted to clear up some things I felt were wrong. Cannon has lost 21-6 to York, who drilled Bledsoe last year and some say are even better this year, 27-26 to Westmoreland, who the Warriors have never beaten and to Marion Co. 21-14. Those three games were all close and could have gone either way. He has beaten Dekalb, who beat upperman, FRA, not a real strong team, Sequatchie Co. and Jackson Co. 4-3 is a decent record and they are a better team than you think. Again I hope the best for both Warrior teams as I have friends on either side but I still feel Marion squeaks out a close one 20-12.

You're wrong we beat Westmoreland in 96 at Pikeville 17-10. We also beat North Kimball in 98 when you helped coach the purple punks for the first time in like 15 years. Bledsoe wins another close one.