Bledsoe County at Marion County

After reading all the smack on the other thread i am glad to see this one is heading in the same direction!

Lets just say this we have got a monument out in front of our school and we still have some pride here in BLEDSOE CO. At least we dont have a bunch of fencejumping fans that dont think twice about putting on their orange&black that is hid in the closet and they always seem to be found wearing it in NOVEMBER! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can promise you that this fencejumper burned all his orange and black and has nothing but MARION COUNTY PURPLE in his closet.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this week is finally here, ???The Battle of the Warriors???. Nothing matters about the past because Friday night is the future. The Winner is almost guaranteed 3rd spot in the region. Marion is 4-3 and Bledsoe is 3-5 so this is a must win game for both teams for their post-season future.

Marion looks to finally be turning the corner. They played their best overall game against Cannon this past week. Offensively they are spreading the ball around more to their many skill players and they are making plays. Defensively they are playing well and after the Cannon game, showed they can control the tempo of a game. Keep improving Marion and taking each week one game at a time.

As for my pic this week, Marion is averaging 21 points/game while Bledsoe is averaging 14. I am going to add 7 for Marion playing at home, so my pic is

Marion 28

Bledsoe 14

Keep working hard at practice Marion; the results are starting to show! Lets here some input from Volsbbfan, No Hope, Mike Linebacker, and even fencejumper this week.

I missed the game at Cannon County but heard that it was another solid performance. I don't understand what happened in the red zone sounds like we just choked. I think Bledsoe will be fired up for this game and Marion will have to play very fundamentally sound football to win. I think that we have the talent to do it we just need to go on the field Friday nite and take care of business. Marion has to be able to score when they get it into the red zone. That's a given.

Marion 28

Bledsoe 14

Keep working hard at practice Marion; the results are starting to show! Lets here some input from Volsbbfan, No Hope, Mike Linebacker, and even fencejumper this week.

Thanks for the invite MCRW. I've enjoyed my read only / no post position thus far but you're right, this team deserves support from all interested fans, especially now. Friday's game is hugh with a playoff spot the reward for the winner. Thank goodness for a home game......finally. IMO Marion County had their best week of practice all year last week and it showed in the Cannon Co. game. I hope to see that intensity level kept up this week. A few players that have been banged up most of the year are finally back to somewhere approaching full strength, another plus for the real Warriors. If the players stay focused and play to their potential I'm confindent of a Marion County win this week.

However, there are some areas that concern me. Inconsistant red zone scoring and pass defense are two things that have to improve to beat Bledsoe Co. This Bledsoe team seems to be able to both run and pass effectively. Our defense better be ready; we don't need to get into a scoring war with anyone. I'm also still mistified why many of our proven players spend so much time along the sidelines during games. Both our offense and defense have suffered because of this in past games. People can read anything they want into that but its a point that many other MC posters have noted often about our team. Having the correct personnel on the field at the proper times is mandatory for us to play our best football.

My prediction: MC - 21

BC - 7

The real Warriors from Marion County are clearly the better team. Good luck MC Warriors.

listen you had your one time beatin us for 15 20 more years stop dreamin its goin to be two in a role and start worryin about what your goin to do when number 24 scores about 3 touch downs on your so called defense because if yall gave up 20 some odd points to a caliber team like last week then thats just flat out pathedic.

We beat Marion in Jasper in 2001.....

i think the records can and will go out the window with this one.bledsoe this year is not a bad team and they have came along way since playing polk. they can run the ball and can pass it .marion is and has been very good since i can remember.good luck to both teams and with gods help no one be hurt.....

I hear you dogg! glad your happy over that monument! You need something to have pride in! Marion has 4 Gold Balls and 2 Silver Ones when you walk through the front door. That says a lot for our pride. How many does bledsoe have? Oh yea, you have a stump! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I love your toot-toot MCRoadWarrior!!

Well,Well,Well North Kimball seems to be very confident in this game, I wonder what they could be baseing this confidence on, lets take a look at some possibles, Shall we?

North Kimball has wins over such powerhouses as Whitwell, TAFT, and Cannon. Whitwell loses to Lookout Valley by 30 something, Bledsoe lost to Lookout by 7, nope no confidence there. Cannon barely beats Dumlap, North Kimball beats Cannon by 7, Bledsoe beats Dumlap 28 to 7, huh, no confidence there! Taft, well they are taft, no confidence there. Boyd drills North Kimball 28 to 0, Boyd beats Bledsoe by 3, and Bledsoe scores 28 on that great(lol) Boyd defense that shutout North Kimball, man I am trying to find the source of this confidence, but I am at a loss!

Look you can say throw out the records, or whatever, but the simple truth is this, Bledsoe was better than North Kimball last year and they are better than them this year, now yes there is a reason they play the games, but there is nothing to make anyone come to any conclusion other than Bledsoe is a better team than North Kimball.

Bledsoe - 27

North Kimball - 13

I guess the confidence is coming from those gold and silver balls they are always talking about. What positions will they be playing Friday night?