WH Heritage at Jo Byrns

timbdp

Wow what a game, it is this kind of atmosphere and game which is why I am finishing up college within the next year to be a football coach/teacher. It definitely lived up to the hype IMO.

This is how I saw the game unfold. In the first halh the tempo was high in what was a shootout: Advantage JBS 27-14 at the half. The 2nd half the tempo slowed way down: Advantage WH-H. I have all the respect in the world for Coach Adkins but I think he called off the dogs in the 2nd half and just tried to run out the clock and that cost them dearly. In order for them to win this game they needed to keep attacking the whole field which they could not have done any better in the 1st half. On the other side of the field, the WHH-H coaches did a wonderful job in the 2nd half and did exactly what they needed to do to win this game, double kudos to them. WH-H just openned up a can of "you know what" as 1 of my coaches used to say to us b/4 a game..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

JBS should not hold their heads down at all; they played a great game and WH-H is a very legit opponent. The bottom line is this is the kind of game that will help them both come play-off time win or lose. Both of these teams need this yearly meeting to be like this in order to enable 1 of them to beak through and a win a state title.

Now JBS needs to put this 1 behind them and go down to the Burro and take care of buisness next week; I dont think that they were exposed tonite, but rather WH-H showed how good they are. Good luck to both teams and maybe we can all enjoy another meeting like this in the play-offs.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess this just shows what most everyone, outside of the JB fanatics, has been saying all along. As soon as JB plays some decent competition.... well, lets just say that the "dungeon" isn't quiet the place that the want to make it out to be and the team can't back up what they like to brag about all week. This also proves that that #1 ranking ain't worth squat.

great win WHH.

I believe it is more of a testiment to how good WH-H is rather than JBS not playing any good teams and being over-rated. This region will tear it up in the play-offs this year, watch and see.....

Jo Byrns got out played and out Coached. This was the second time I have got to see them play and I don't know if they are even a top ten team. Heritage wanted it more. Jo Byrns had to many mistakes, zero offense in the second half and the pass coverage came back and bit'em. Its time for a character check. You can learn from all the mistakes and prepare for Cascade or you can drop your heads and call it a year. I guess when practice is over next week you'll see what direction your headed.

We didn't play REd Devil Football in the second half and you guys took advantage of some mistakes. We will hit it hard in practice next week and be ready for Cascade next Friday. Hopefully we'll see Heritage again come playoff time and we'll get a chance to even the score. Good game tonight!

Oops. surprised me!

what a great game.ive never seen a better game than this one tonight...jo byrns started out with total wayy better offense than heritage inthe first ...basically dominating going up 14-0...but heritage came back to make it 27-14 at half...but just as jbs hought they had em..heritage came back from halftime ready to kick some butt.and thats exactly what they did..heritage quickly came back and tied the game 27-27 after a blocked extra point could have very easily sealed the deal alot faster.heritage got the ball bak again after holding jbs once again.and with about 40 seconds left on the clock, with a pass from senior #5 joey mcclung to senior #42 dylan kemp, definatly sealed it with a touchdown.definatly the best game ive ever been to.

great job heritage

definatly a win nobody expected.

way to prove them all wrong.

7-1

It is a surprise but really doesnt matter because Cascade is the best team in this region and will prove it in grand fasion the next two weeks. Again congrats on the big win WHH.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Seriously man, I am not saying you are wrong but, if you take anything from this game it should be to not start writing checks w/ your mouth b/c anybody can beat anybody. I sure hope that this does not cause Cascade to take JBS any lighter than they were if they had won tonite.....

I bet next weeks game will be a high scoring game regardless of who wins.....

It is a surprise but really doesnt matter because Cascade is the best team in this region and will prove it in grand fasion the next two weeks. Again congrats on the big win WHH.

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey I said two weeks ago I thought Cascade would win the region title.. I just fully expected Jo Byrns to be undefeated at the time...

Isn't this like a 27 game regular season win streak snapped?

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The streak is over! Great win by the Patriots. I called the game "The Revolution" and guess what? The Revolution has begun. There's a new sheriff in town and it ain't the Devils. I'm not one to make excuses so you'll find none here. I can't say enough about the Patriots play tonight. You guys made some huge plays when you needed to and man can #5 throw the ball or what. Some of those passes were just awesome.

I hate it for the Devils but hey it happens. Luckily for the first time in three years JB will have a chance to redeem themselves next week. Everybody says they WANT to win but only a few ever really mean it. It's times like this when you find out what you really WANT. All I can say is if you really WANT IT you've got to press on. Don't let anything stand in the way of you and what you want. That's true in life also. Everybody says they WANT a million dollars but not everybody is willing to do what it takes to get it. There's always some excuse, something always holding them back. If you WANT IT, this loss is only a bump in the road. If you just think IT would be nice to accomplish then you'll probably think of every excuse in the book as to why you lost. I'll leave you with this...

You've all seen this at a sporting event..."John 3:16". Well it says "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life". That's a pretty strong statement. The Bible says that in order to conquer something as tough as death, all you have to do is believe. I wonder if that could work with this really tough came of football? First you've got to want it (I mean really want it) then you've got to believe. So let's take the ultimate redeemers (Jesus) lead and Redeem ourselves! Bring on Cascade!

Seriously man, I am not saying you are wrong but, if you take anything from this game it should be to not start writing checks w/ your mouth b/c anybody can beat anybody. I sure hope that this does not cause Cascade to take JBS any lighter than they were if they had won tonite.....

I bet next weeks game will be a high scoring game regardless of who wins.....

Seriously man I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. Do I think Jo Byrns and WHH can beat Cascade???? Absolutely this has been a crazy year of football in every aspect. Do I think either will??? No I honestly believe Cascade is the best team in this region. Last year Jo Byrns dominated everyone so why is it so impossible for Cascade to be the best??? I dont have any hard feelings towards you or anything like that I just hope you can come down to the game next Friday and judge for yourself. Cascade is the real deal trust me.