MARYVILLE VS SOUTHDOYLE

OLDWALLANDHIGH

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Well, Well were are the coaches wifes and the 2 supporters of Hutchins today??? Where are the how wonderful this coach is, and what a mentor and final example of a coach comments today??? Any comments on the kicker issue, what kind of play calling is that? How about continually running the ball up the middle, time after time, after time and never getting anywhere. Why keep calling the same STUPID plays. Why when you 3rd and inches you go to the shotgun, and lose yardage. I swear if I didn't know any better I would think the administration and hutchins want SD to lose. And anyone have comments on the wonderful AD, the one and only Clark Duncan...WOW what a supporter!!!! If I'm not mistaken the AD has a hand in the scheduling of the games, and some how we end up with Maryville as homecoming. What a great night for SD football.

What is it going to take to get the SD community, heard. When you sit in the stands, friday nights, home or away, there is not one positive comment about the coaching, or the AD. And when the coaches blame the boys for the loses it is sickening. The boys are only playing how they are coached. The are running the plays that they are told too. Most of the boys on the team don't even know how to play the position they are in, and they really don't seem to understand the game of football, our defense sits back and waits for the receivers to catch the ball before they react, they don't know how to wrap up and tackle, our offense wants to run side to side and scamper around in the back field, before trying to get yardage, and the list goes on. These boys are not being taught how to play football. They can only be as good as they are coached. SD has not has this much talent in a few years, and it is being wasted. The whole situation the program in makes me sick

I wonder why #8 wasnt the QB? Im not sure of his name but i think he was the QB when they beat Central! That was a great callMr. Hutchins. Dont say he was hurt he played the whole game! BY the way way to show some class trying to ice the kicker for Maryville before the half. I think it was 28 to 0 at that time, do you really think you were going to come back? Now lets talk about teaching players how to play, im not bashing any kids #7 did the best he could. It seems to me that they would try to teach the proper way to throw a football if they are going to try to do it. Maybe they are not sure themselves. MR AD we hope your happy you really brought in the right guy for the job. HA HA HA. Keep your heads up Kees and play hard.

Maryville played very well. I thought this was Maryville's best game of the year. Rodrigues is helping the running game. Offensive line is getting better. Maryville needs to get better and get healthier.

I don't know what goes on at South Doyle. I do know that they have some huge kids. #90 was a beast. There is no reason why South Doyle shouldn't be better.

I well continue to state my feelings about the SD program until I see it improve. I have been involved with this program for many years, and have never seen it in such a mess. I am very supportive of the BOYS on the team, I know how hard they work. But I think the system is failing them. I thinks the AD is failing the entire South Knox Community. I feel that the football program will never succeed as long as the current AD is at SD. I'm glad LMitch has had such a great experince with the football program, but it is your senior year, and I would guess that football might be your secondary sport. Some of the other boys on the team, this is all they have. Every where I go in South Knox, other S. Knox folks want to talk about what is happening to the SD football program. I wish these folks would stop talking about it, and do something about. Make you feelings heard. The more people that come forward the better it will be. The parents of the football team at the middle school are transfering their children right and left because they don't want to have to deal problems at SD. I am afraid that it's only going to get worse before it gets better. I believe the AD will not be happy until the football program is totally destroyed. I know he reads these posts, if he were truly concerned about the program, and the boys and the parents he be doing all he could to help us. But as usual he stays as far away from the parents as possible. If he truly cared abouth this program he would hold some type of meeting with the parents to resolve of the questions we have.

A good thought but I believe you're wrong old man. MHS is not as tough as they once were.

THE DL

So you say. And maybe not. But a true champion does what is necessary to win the contest at hand. A team may not be the biggest, fastest or most athletic but belief in the unit as a whole and the confidence in ones leaders can take a team very far.

I hope that SD improves and brings their football program to the level of its baseball program. Maryville is way behind SD in that area. Good luck the rest of the way.

To all supporters of the athletes of South-Doyle:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and certainly everyone is entitled to express their opinion in any way they see fit. That is a constitutional guarantee if you are a citizen of the United States of America. However, I submit that what is lawful and what is wise are not necessarily the same.

If you are unhappy with the state of any athletic program, or for that matter anything at South Doyle High School, then I believe it far better to talk directly to the coach or administrator rather than about those who make decisions. I have never had Mr. Walker, Mr. Duncan, or Mr. Hutchins refuse to talk with me.

So I agree with ftbalfn06 on one point. If you are concerned, come forward and talk to the coach, talk to the AD, talk to the principal. But, goodness, quit talking about them. Be man or woman enough to look them in the eye and tell them what you think.

Never when I have requested to discuss something with any of them have they failed to listen politely and professionally to me ??“ even before they knew me; even before my son was a starter; even when they knew the topic might be controversial. Coach Hutchins told us as parents in the initial meeting that he would gladly talk with us. For heavens sake, he gave us his cell phone number to make it easy! He said that he would be glad to discuss your son and what he could do to improve himself and his standing on the team. Have you talked directly to Coach Hutchins about your concerns? Or, is it just easier to anonymously lob verbal bombs? Words mean something. There is a right way and wrong way to do everything.

Because the very players we support read these message boards, I believe this to be the wrong forum for these types of discussions. I am only posting because I feel compelled to offer a contrarian view to the vocal negatives that have been expressed in order to show the players that there is another way of looking at things.

Maybe players do not always listen to the coaches because they hear from some people that the coaches are stupid, or uncommitted, or whatever. I submit that the coaches I have talked with are knowledgeable, committed, and care about the players as both athletes and the young men they are becoming. I ask you to think about what you are saying, the way you are saying it, and the impact you are having on these very same players that you care for so deeply.

Just because my son is a senior, does this mean my opinion doesn??™t count? I??™ve been supporting this program in various ways for almost 20 years. I have an older son who played in this program in the late 90's, and I have two more sons, ages 10 & 12, who likely will play in the program. I think I have a vested interest!

Do you really think this program is worse off than it was under Hutchin??™s predecessor? If so, I do not share your opinion and we will have to agree to disagree. I know I sat in the stands during the games and was appalled at the sideline behavior of the previous head coach. I thought the he truly brought shame to the South Knoxville community with his antics. In fact, I told coach Hutchins the first time I met him that if that were his style, I would not let Jonathan play for him as I do not approve of those type of lessons being taught to my children. I told him that when Jonathan was just a freshman with unknown ability who had never played organized football. He, nor I, had any idea what he would be able to contribute to the team, but he respectfully listened to me.

Finally, ftbalfan06, what do you mean that this is Jonathan??™s ???secondary??? sport? I am quite disappointed in that comment. It??™s the only sport he is playing right now!! What does his playing basketball and soccer have to do with his playing football? Basketball is a winter sport and soccer is a spring sport. No player is prohibited from playing other sports. Anyone can go out for any team he chooses, and there are many opportunities at SD. If football is all the other players on the team have, then it is by their choice, not chance or someone making them play only football.

Jonathan did the football summer workouts ??“ he did not like getting up early and hitting the weights anymore than anyone else ??“ but he did it! He did not play club soccer during the football season. He has not started basketball practice. He wants to come back and play football. We are praying that this week's doctor visit will bring good news on that front.

I wish the best for every Cherokee athlete and every athletic program at South-Doyle High School.

Respectfully,

Lynn Mitchell

573-6542

Well with all do respect LMitch, I have talked to the current coaches, and the AD and have gotten lied to and they have talked very disrespectfully to me and some other parents. Your so hung up on what a wonderful role model Hutchins is, have you heard his mouth when he talks to some of these boys. I know for a fact there have been other parents complain about various things, and and indeed there sons playing time was cut. I glad your son has been treated so well, but I am here for the other 50+ boys and parents that are not treated well. If you such a strong coach supporter, then how about mingling with the crowd and listening to the comments, go to the middle school and listen to those parents, stand outside the locker room and watch the boys hang their heads after another defeat, go school with the boys and listen how the rest of the student body makes fun of them, count the proceeds from the gates and see how is dwindles down with every home game, give a ride home to some of the boys and listen to how they feel, and what they say, go to Alcoa and see how many SD zoned students are playing football there. I am not sure you have a true clear picture from the stands as to what goes on a daily basis. It's easy to be happy when you son is treated well, but there are many other boys on that team that deserve to be treated as well. I try to speak for those that can't or want, some are have told me they are afraid to talk to the coaches, or the AD.

Well with all do respect LMitch, I have talked to the current coaches, and the AD and have gotten lied to and they have talked very disrespectfully to me and some other parents. Your so hung up on what a wonderful role model Hutchins is, have you heard his mouth when he talks to some of these boys. I know for a fact there have been other parents complain about various things, and and indeed there sons playing time was cut. I glad your son has been treated so well, but I am here for the other 50+ boys and parents that are not treated well. If you such a strong coach supporter, then how about mingling with the crowd and listening to the comments, go to the middle school and listen to those parents, stand outside the locker room and watch the boys hang their heads after another defeat, go school with the boys and listen how the rest of the student body makes fun of them, count the proceeds from the gates and see how is dwindles down with every home game, give a ride home to some of the boys and listen to how they feel, and what they say, go to Alcoa and see how many SD zoned students are playing football there. I am not sure you have a true clear picture from the stands as to what goes on a daily basis. It's easy to be happy when you son is treated well, but there are many other boys on that team that deserve to be treated as well. I try to speak for those that can't or want, some are have told me they are afraid to talk to the coaches, or the AD.

Could you please list the names and addresses of all the players that are zoned for South-Doyle and are playing for Alcoa. I am sure that many people would be interested in this information if it is true, especially since they got away from Maryville. The truth hurts!

First of all Charles Lindsey no longer works for knox county, been gone almost a year I think. Secondly all you want to address is how your son has been treated. As I said previously I'm glad you son has been treated with respect. But I know many many more than have been treated very poorly, and so have there parents. I guess we will agree to disagree. I stand firmly behind everything I have said, and I will continue to say it.