David Lipscomb vs. Giles County

norespect

I'm so confused- if you sit on the away side and the visitors sit on the home side doesn't that make the visitor side the home side and the home side the visitor side? If thats the case why not just call the home side the home side and the visitor side the visitor side? It seems to make more sense to just call each side what it is. For example that would be like saying we are going to call davidson county giles county and giles county davidson county just because we were travelling to a different county. Will the visiting team stand on the home sideline or the visiting sideline? What about the home team will they stand in front of the home fans or the visiting fans. Should fans from the visiting team use the home restrooms or the away restrooms? Will the visitng team be in charge of working the chains since they are technically going to be on the home side? Will the home team drive busses to the game since they will be on the visitor side. Please straighten up these issues for me. Looking forward to going down to my home away from home on Friday!

I agree with this post. Lets try to keep the simple things simple, people! Please explain yourself bobcat

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giles county has only been tested once this year...columbia and we all know what happened in that game...but same could be said about lipscomb, tho against goodpasture lipscomb had a few oppritunities to put it away and they didn't capitalize....its goin to be a PHYSICAL football game but id pull the upset, giles 24-21 in a close one...if giles can control the line of scrimage and win the fights in the trenches, it will be in giles's favor....but giles you can't run the score up on lipscomb like u did against cheatham and montgomery central....

Giles got tested against Lawrence Co. & Humboldt as well. They had to kick a game tying FG with just 5 seconds to go in order to send the Humboldt game to overtime. That 10-7 deficit turned into a 18-10 victory. In the Lawrence Co. game the official blew a call that should have been a touchdown before the halftime break. Afterward the kicker missed that FG attempt. Later in the game the kicker got a PAT blocked off of the edge by Quon Reynolds. That kept the score at 14-13 GC. In the end Dangerfield took and blocked what would have been a game winning FG. Giles won 14-13.

Giles did run it up against Page & THERE'S NOBODY THAT CAN DENY THAT FACT!!!! Once GC stopped Page in the end with 1:30 to go in the game and the Bobcats led 28-14 (PAGE HAD 0 TIMEOUTS LEFT TO SPARE) the good 'ole victory formation neel should have done it. Is that what Giles did????? On the first play they ran a play action pass and threw the football deep. It was an incompletion but still THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!! On the next play Giles broke off a long run into Page territory. On the next play AGAIN Giles went play action and tried to throw the football deep down the field. Again it fell incomplete. AGAIN THAT WAS NOT THE POINT!!!! Giles scored on the next play on a Houston TD run. I believe at this point Coach Daniels at Page had done told his players to not even try and tackle him. What's the use when GC is up by 2TDs in the final minute of the game and still throwing the football despite the fact that the opponent had NO TIMEOUTS REMAINING!!!!

With that said I do not believe GC ran it up as high as they could have against Montgomery Central or Cheatham Co. THANK GOD!!!! Also on the same note though there is NO GC FAN ALIVE that can tell me that Giles Co. did not do everything in their power to score an additional TD at the end of that Page game.

If anyone does in fact do this then you are a LIAR!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MY OFFICIAL PREDICTION WILL COME TOMORROW SO TUNE IN FOLKS!!!!!

Giles got tested against Lawrence Co. & Humboldt as well. They had to kick a game tying FG with just 5 seconds to go in order to send the Humboldt game to overtime. That 10-7 deficit turned into a 18-10 victory. In the Lawrence Co. game the official blew a call that should have been a touchdown before the halftime break. Afterward the kicker missed that FG attempt. Later in the game the kicker got a PAT blocked off of the edge by Quon Reynolds. That kept the score at 14-13 GC. In the end Dangerfield took and blocked what would have been a game winning FG. Giles won 14-13.

Giles did run it up against Page & THERE'S NOBODY THAT CAN DENY THAT FACT!!!! Once GC stopped Page in the end with 1:30 to go in the game and the Bobcats led 28-14 (PAGE HAD 0 TIMEOUTS LEFT TO SPARE) the good 'ole victory formation neel should have done it. Is that what Giles did????? On the first play they ran a play action pass and threw the football deep. It was an incompletion but still THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!! On the next play Giles broke off a long run into Page territory. On the next play AGAIN Giles went play action and tried to throw the football deep down the field. Again it fell incomplete. AGAIN THAT WAS NOT THE POINT!!!! Giles scored on the next play on a Houston TD run. I believe at this point Coach Daniels at Page had done told his players to not even try and tackle him. What's the use when GC is up by 2TDs in the final minute of the game and still throwing the football despite the fact that the opponent had NO TIMEOUTS REMAINING!!!!

With that said I do not believe GC ran it up as high as they could have against Montgomery Central or Cheatham Co. THANK GOD!!!! Also on the same note though there is NO GC FAN ALIVE that can tell me that Giles Co. did not do everything in their power to score an additional TD at the end of that Page game.

If anyone does in fact do this then you are a LIAR!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My official prediction is 46-3 Giles County. Giles County will get 23 safeties and Lipscomb will kick a 78 yard field goal with 1.2 seconds remaining to break up the shutout

I have kept pretty quiet this year about some of the crap some of the teams have pulled with us ....Centennial and CAK and now GC. I don't know if Coach Daniels will be able to get the horses available to do something, but that is the wrong guy to mess with. Two times before when we played Giles, in 01 and 02...Giles just quit playing but Page ran the ball some and did not try to score......coulda been 50 -12 both times

Keep in mind that the GC coach saw all the region coaches there as well. What goes around???!!! When I see that crap I see a coach who does not plan on sticking around when the tables are turned later on.

I think Giles likes reading their own press clippings too much.

My official prediction is 46-3 Giles County. Giles County will get 23 safeties and Lipscomb will kick a 78 yard field goal with 1.2 seconds remaining to break up the shutout

Honestly- it will be much closer than that. I think around 33-32 Lipscomb wins. Lipscomb will score on 2 touchdowns 5 extra points, and 6 field goals. GC will score 3 touchdowns, 4 two-point conversions, a grand slam and and a safety.

I'm so confused- if you sit on the away side and the visitors sit on the home side doesn't that make the visitor side the home side and the home side the visitor side? If thats the case why not just call the home side the home side and the visitor side the visitor side? It seems to make more sense to just call each side what it is. For example that would be like saying we are going to call davidson county giles county and giles county davidson county just because we were travelling to a different county. Will the visiting team stand on the home sideline or the visiting sideline? What about the home team will they stand in front of the home fans or the visiting fans. Should fans from the visiting team use the home restrooms or the away restrooms? Will the visitng team be in charge of working the chains since they are technically going to be on the home side? Will the home team drive busses to the game since they will be on the visitor side. Please straighten up these issues for me. Looking forward to going down to my home away from home on Friday!

Plain English to me. Just seat on opposite side than you use too. Outta be a good one for both teams as Both HAVE TO PROVE THEIRSELVES THE NEXT 3 WEEKS FOR PLAYOFF POSITIONS . MC.GC,DL ALL PLAYING ONE ANOTHER THESE 3 WEEKS MAKES FOR GREAT HIGH SCHOOL F/B. SEEMS TO BE THE NORM FOR SEVERAL REGIONS IN 3 AAA THIS YEAR. Good luck to all the region 5- aaa teams. Yall should run the table against region 6- aaa . No prediction from a DHS TROJAN fan. We also are in the same mist of playoff contention teams playing the final 3 games against one another in region 7- aaa .

Sounds to me like Page got spanked! It is your job to stop the other team, not theirs!

I do not want to read that from a fan of anyone because there is a hidden code out there between the coaches to not run it up when you have a 2TD lead and the other team is out of time outs with a minute to go. WHAT SENSE IN THE WORLD DOES THROWING 2 PASSES MAKE IN THAT SITUATION?????

If one of those two passes gets picked off and returned for a TD. Then..... The team that just scored recovers and onside kick and scores again. Then...... The game goes to overtime and the team that led throughout the night loses. SERIOUSLY!!!! How in the world would that head coach feel about throwing the football then?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It's going to happen one of these days. Just like that ignorant timeout rule of calling a time out right before a team kicks a FG is going to come back and bite someone in the tail one of these days. I hope someone misses the kick but gets saved by a timeout only to turn right around and make the kick the very next snap.

I do not want to read that from a fan of anyone because there is a hidden code out there between the coaches to not run it up when you have a 2TD lead and the other team is out of time outs with a minute to go. WHAT SENSE IN THE WORLD DOES THROWING 2 PASSES MAKE IN THAT SITUATION?????

If one of those two passes gets picked off and returned for a TD. Then..... The team that just scored recovers and onside kick and scores again. Then...... The game goes to overtime and the team that led throughout the night loses. SERIOUSLY!!!! How in the world would that head coach feel about throwing the football then?????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It's going to happen one of these days. Just like that ignorant timeout rule of calling a time out right before a team kicks a FG is going to come back and bite someone in the tail one of these days. I hope someone misses the kick but gets saved by a timeout only to turn right around and make the kick the very next snap.

I've coached and played football for many years. I have never heard of a "hidden code to not run it up when you have a two touchdown leadand the other team is out of time outs with a minute to go". The code I know is play hard until the end of the game. Now if like you say it was still close enough for Page to have a chance of winning then what's the problem? What if there was 1:32 left instead of 1 minute? What if it was 13 points they were ahead instead of 14? What if you accidentally backed off to soon and lost a game? Where does a coach draw the line if they are ahead? If a team has no hope of winning why don't the officials call the game? Why not have a mercy rule that states what score and time remaining you end the game? Coaches bust their butts all week and players do to to tell them to back off. If they do great. Maybe he wants to practice a play or get a young receiver a catch. It sounds to melike the running plays were whar was killing page at the end of that game anyhow. Maybe the coach WAS trying to back off by throwing the ball. I wish everyone would just quit trying to shield kids from dissappointemnt, its part of life, get used to it!

I've coached and played football for many years. I have never heard of a "hidden code to not run it up when you have a two touchdown leadand the other team is out of time outs with a minute to go". The code I know is play hard until the end of the game. Now if like you say it was still close enough for Page to have a chance of winning then what's the problem? What if there was 1:32 left instead of 1 minute? What if it was 13 points they were ahead instead of 14? What if you accidentally backed off to soon and lost a game? Where does a coach draw the line if they are ahead? If a team has no hope of winning why don't the officials call the game? Why not have a mercy rule that states what score and time remaining you end the game? Coaches bust their butts all week and players do to to tell them to back off. If they do great. Maybe he wants to practice a play or get a young receiver a catch. It sounds to melike the running plays were whar was killing page at the end of that game anyhow. Maybe the coach WAS trying to back off by throwing the ball. I wish everyone would just quit trying to shield kids from dissappointemnt, its part of life, get used to it!

It is the defense's job to come up with a stop YOU ARE 100% CORRECT IN THAT SENSE!!!!

In the same breath though I will admit that NOBODY likes to have things rubbed in their faces. Page had that done to them on Thursday night no question about it (IN THE END). I thought it really was a lousy note to end a great game. Oh Well!!! That's just my opinion and I AM ENTITLED TO HAVING ONE JUST AS YOU ARE SIR!!!!

WITH THAT IN MIND, there better not be a fan, player, or coach at GCHS to ever complain if they believe a team is going to intentionally run the score up against them in the future. That is just a situation that may occur in the future to GCHS, and it has occurred to them in the past as well, so IF IT DOES THEN DO NOT COMPLAIN BECAUSE WITH THIS POST YOU'VE JUST LOST THE RIGHT TO DO SO!!!!

.....AND if you don't think GCHS has ever complained about thinking someone ran it up on them on purpose then just check back to week two of the 2005 season and see the 48-7 score. The head coach of that winning team was written a letter by someone from GCHS in which he was called "classless" and told "what goes around comes around". Now if that doesn't qualify as someone at GCHS complaining about getting the score ran up on them then I do not know what does /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

.....AND if you don't think GCHS has ever complained about thinking someone ran it up on them on purpose then just check back to week two of the 2005 season and see the 48-7 score. The head coach of that winning team was written a letter by someone from GCHS in which he was called "classless" and told "what goes around comes around". Now if that doesn't qualify as someone at GCHS complaining about getting the score ran up on them then I do not know what does /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Sounds like some toes got stepped on.

Everyone posting about this topic knows that this happens from time to time,maybe it was intentional,

maybe it wasn't. BUT KEEP THIS IN MIND. Most fans have nothing to do with the game, save watching it.

And, every team has these people that make the rest look bad at times.

The GC coaching made a mistake in that last score on Page, IMO, but was it

the wrong thing to do for the GC players????? I dont know,as most of you dont.Obviously it wasn't

good for the Page players at the time.

Every team has ,or will, do it at some point.Depending on what side of it you are on

often is the difference in right or wrong.You never hear the winning teams fans complaining of

the score being run up, so for whoever claims to be (doing the right thing)or (the classy thing)

I would like to hear it when you are on the high side of a lopsided score.