Playoff Possibilities

MineyHaole

With two weeks left in the 2007 regular season, what teams from Region 1 and Region 2 do you see getting into the playoffs, and in what order? Both regions are still wide open for spots 1-4, depending on how these last two weeks go. And then the ever exciting question, how will the Region 1 teams match up with the Region 2 teams?(I know the ultimate answers will be that Region 2 is vastly superior to Region 1, but let's just pretend there is parity and match the teams up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With two weeks left in the 2007 regular season, what teams from Region 1 and Region 2 do you see getting into the playoffs, and in what order? Both regions are still wide open for spots 1-4, depending on how these last two weeks go. And then the ever exciting question, how will the Region 1 teams match up with the Region 2 teams?(I know the ultimate answers will be that Region 2 is vastly superior to Region 1, but let's just pretend there is parity and match the teams up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

This same topic came up last season, I pretty much knew region 2 would dominate everyone except Hampton. This year could be a little different. Its really got alot to do with who ends up where in the region. I'm not sure if the teams will finish where they should. If they do ,Region 2 will have their hands full. There is more parity than you might think.

#1 Carter vs. #4 Anderson Co.

#2 Rutledge vs. #3 Fulton.

#3 Seymour vs. #2 Austin East.

#4 Gibbs vs. #1 Catholic.

??????????????????????????????

ruse?

Seymour beat Rutledge 26-0. I have them as the #2 and Rutledge as the #3 in Region 1-3A.

Do you think AE beats Fulton??????? That would likely mean Fulton & Catholic will play in the SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

OUTSIDE OF THAT I LOVE THE PICKS & AGREE 100%!!!! Anderson Co. can not trip up this week against Scott Co. though /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Seymour beat Rutledge 26-0. I have them as the #2 and Rutledge as the #3 in Region 1-3A.

Do you think AE beats Fulton??????? That would likely mean Fulton & Catholic will play in the SECOND ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

OUTSIDE OF THAT I LOVE THE PICKS & AGREE 100%!!!! Anderson Co. can not trip up this week against Scott Co. though /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

BC.

I must admit to some personal bias regarding Rutledge. However, mathmatically they are still in the hunt for #2. Seymour was sort of a trendy pick. Honestly, they fell short of expectations vs. Carter this yr. Yes I think AE can beat Fulton. I wish Mark Montgomery had come on this strong earlier in the season, or at least played his JR year (I know). Anyway, AE peaks at this time of the year, and Montgomery, along with Lincoln Anderson are playing very well right now. They certainly had the opportunity to beat Catholic last yr in Round 2. It would not surprise me at all if AE winds up playing in the Semifinals. Very dangerous team. I think Kenny Jones will be 100% this week, and I am not sure that Bubba Stokes plays. That coupled with Fulton comming off a physical game, and AE comming off a lees physical game against LA makes AE over Fulton this week a non-upset in my mind.

ruse?

Region 1 can really take a tumble in these last 2 weeks. There are many scenarios that could play out, I will not list them until this week's games are played. But mathmatically 5 of the 7 region teams can make the playoffs, and all of them except Carter can miss the playoffs if games go certain ways. It is really quite exciting to be a fan. Region 2 is a little more cut and dried, but there are some crazies that can happen. Kingston is 4th right now, but they have a tough road to hoe, playing both Catholic and AE. Anderson County looks to be more in line to make the 4th playoff spot with games against Scott and Stone. Here is the way I see the region shaking out, but I would love nothing more than to see some big upset games and blow all of this sky high!

Region 1

Carter

Seymour

Rutledge

Gibbs

Region 2

Catholic

AE

Fulton

Anderson County

This sets up some pretty interesting playoff games. Carter and AC is a really interesting matchup. I also like Rutledge and Fulton. Could be fun watching games this November!