Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

The YANKER thanks all of you who have inquired about me. My father had emergency surgery last Friday for appendicitis. He then has had some complications, but I think the worst is behind us. The YANKER has been sleeping in a hospital chair since Friday night. I have been a worried, but strong YANKER. My father has not been worried, but he has been stronger than the YANKER. I continue to draw strength from a great man, even when he is sick. I was happyreading about the JCM comeback, even though it did not yield a victory. I missed that game, and I will miss this one. I hope we can continue to improve at Hardin County, and good luck to my HC friends against NS. Do not overlook them. Mann is not as good as Borner, but he reminds the YANKER of him. The YANKER has only left the hospital twice since Friday. My father and I are all that is left of the family. It was a good feeling to read on here that a few of you missed the YANKER. I have not kept up enough to render a prediction, but I hope that we both prevail. I AM A TIRED BUT THANKFUL YANKER.

Good news that your father is doing well. I've missed your wit and humor. I'll be looking forward to your comments about JCM and Munford. Congratulations to Henry Co. for a dominating performance against Munford. The spoils go to the winners and also the bragging rights! Enjoy both!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news that your father is doing well. I've missed your wit and humor. I'll be looking forward to your comments about JCM and Munford. Congratulations to Henry Co. for a dominating performance against Munford. The spoils go to the winners and also the bragging rights! Enjoy both!

Thanks for the spoils and the rights wtnoff. No time to brag though, we have our hands full with Northside and Mr. Mann this week. Its going to be a battle in the quagmire of Patriot Stadium.

Scout - are you really a scout? Sounds like you are an HC fan, or are you just someone following Allen/Teague/Theus therefore seeing all of our games?

What do you think, VG? Do we have to keep Mann off the field? Is he that much better than the other 21 guys out there? I am not trying to be a smart alec; I just wonder if we can win this game. He was out there last year and NS did not do so well (no offense intended; I have great respect for their coach and the attitude their team has displayed in the past.) Do you have a score prediction based on what you know about the two teams? I miss the Yanker, don't you?

Honestly I think Mann is very dangerous. Last year I didn`t have that much respect for him because he was a sophomore that had a few good games. The kid isn`t all that big. But he is very elusive when given a space. He looked much improved this year. Granted JCM is down, but I watched this kid make Marshal Faulk type moves. The key to stopping him is to clog it all up and not give him a space to run. If he gets past the line of scrimmage then he is very dangerous. HC could very well be good enough up front to stuff the run. I still think HC wins the game because they have too many weapons for NS to contain. A lot depends on how well NS`s O-line can open something up for him against HC. He can`t do it all himself. He needs some help to break loose. I thought NS was improved on the line this year over last year.

I know Gaddis is a good coach and they will be prepared for him, but that still doesn`t take away from the talent this kid has.

Speaking of Mann...

...Hit this

Mann will be tough. Low center of gravity. Squating 360 plus and benching 220 at his size is not bad. I think you are right about his line needing to come up big. VG, wouldn't you say this may their biggest game in years???

NS wanting a playoff spot and not wanting to wait till last game to get it.

HC wanting to win out and get Region title.

Gonna be a good one. I think I will bring me a little Swiss Miss (not Inga, but chocolate) for the game.

Defensive Front Four, plug the holes up and Stick Him, Robbie!

Good Morning Gang!!! It's Football time in Henry County!! I will begin the bottling process shortly. I can say that this batch looks and tastes as good as the last batch did. It seems the guys have had a good week of practice this week. Just remember we have to be at our best...even us fans...NOISE...NOISE...NOISE!!!

Wingman, I had a little word of prayer with Mr. Gallimore the other day. I think that he will be ready to greet Mr. Mann /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Good Morning Gang!!! It's Football time in Henry County!! I will begin the bottling process shortly. I can say that this batch looks and tastes as good as the last batch did. It seems the guys have had a good week of practice this week. Just remember we have to be at our best...even us fans...NOISE...NOISE...NOISE!!!

Wingman, I had a little word of prayer with Mr. Gallimore the other day. I think that he will be ready to greet Mr. Mann /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As in "Meet and Greet" session?

Good Morning Big Red Country! I would like to say "it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood," but it really isn't that beautiful. It looks like the rain itself will be moved out by early afternoon. However, the wet swampy field conditions will remain. Not much you can do about 8+ inches of rain since Monday. Nonetheless, it will be a great night for football in the stands!!! Cool, crisp and lots of BIG RED noise!!! So come on Patriot Fans, get your bells out - heck, just bring yourself out - the boys need our support in a big way! Don't let the weeks rain keep you from coming to the game. We need to turn 'em out in force tonight and be LOUD!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!