11/2 White House at Greenbrier

timbdp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, Coachhard, but with DeKalb winning over Macon, from what I'm told tonight it goes to Region wins, which would put us in at #4 since we won over Sycamore. That's kinda what I read in the TSSAA possibllities too.

I want to say GREAT GAME to the Bobcats tonight. They played hard and gave it their all adn I don't think anybody (not even White House fans) can say that Greenbrier didn't give them a tough game. I agree with you Coachhard and the other poster that watched CSS. The refs call was bad but WH's had a great kick at the end of the game. Three last minute losses in a row show that Greenbrier CAN hang with good teams like Pearl Cohn and White House. Hopefully we can find a way to finish it up with the W at the next game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Coachhard, but with DeKalb winning over Macon, from what I'm told tonight it goes to Region wins, which would put us in at #4 since we won over Sycamore. That's kinda what I read in the TSSAA possibllities too.

I want to say GREAT GAME to the Bobcats tonight. They played hard and gave it their all. I agree with you Coachhard and the other poster that watched CSS. The refs call was bad but that was a great kick at the end of the game. Three last minute losses in a row show that Greenbrier CAN hang with good teams like Pearl Cohn and White House. I just hope that I'm correct on what I read that Greenbrier is #4. I need a little weekend trip away anyway...../smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Correct...thanks to Dekalb we finished 4th. And..yes it was a great kick and a great high school football game tonight.

We will go to McMinn Central

I want to say GREAT GAME to the Bobcats tonight. They played hard and gave it their all adn I don't think anybody (not even White House fans) can say that Greenbrier didn't give them a tough game. I agree with you Coachhard and the other poster that watched CSS. The refs call was bad but WH's had a great kick at the end of the game. Three last minute losses in a row show that Greenbrier CAN hang with good teams like Pearl Cohn and White House. Hopefully we can find a way to finish it up with the W at the next game.

Ya'll played a great game. I can't believe you guys are what, 5-5? If so, that record is VERY misleading. Greenbrier had a great game plan, played sound, mostly mistake free football, and we kept shooting ourselves in the foot as well. Anyway, it wouldn't have been right if you guys hadn't made the playoffs. You are too good to be sitting at home.

By the way...LOVE the new stadium renovations! Loved actually having a seat there, and your new home side is AWESOME...and also the food was great. Love me some fries smothered in nacho cheese.

Good luck in the playoffs....

To my Blue Devils..way to hang in there, and GREAT KICK!!!! Let's carry that momentum into next week!!!

Will someone give a 1 - 4 rundown of the region standings? I'm so confused. I've read and been told so many things, I'm not sure how it all ended up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Awesome game tonight by both teams. I agree with another poster that GB had a great plan. The defense was really hitting as well. I was a little worried at half (maybe more than a little) and was very thankful the field goal attempt right before half was off to the left. Very close though. Glad we have an awesome defense and what about that kick from 44!! Great job Tro. Looking forward to next Friday night regardless who or where we play.

Will someone give a 1 - 4 rundown of the region standings? I'm so confused. I've read and been told so many things, I'm not sure how it all ended up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Awesome game tonight by both teams. I agree with another poster that GB had a great plan. The defense was really hitting as well. I was a little worried at half (maybe more than a little) and was very thankful the field goal attempt right before half was off to the left. Very close though. Glad we have an awesome defense and what about that kick from 44!! Great job Tro. Looking forward to next Friday night regardless who or where we play.

region 3 region 4

#1 mcminn central vs #4 greenbrier

#2 howard vs #3 pearl-cohn

#3 polk co at #2 white house

#4 meigs co at #1 station camp

Ya'll played a great game. I can't believe you guys are what, 5-5? If so, that record is VERY misleading. Greenbrier had a great game plan, played sound, mostly mistake free football, and we kept shooting ourselves in the foot as well. Anyway, it wouldn't have been right if you guys hadn't made the playoffs. You are too good to be sitting at home.

By the way...LOVE the new stadium renovations! Loved actually having a seat there, and your new home side is AWESOME...and also the food was great. Love me some fries smothered in nacho cheese.

Good luck in the playoffs....

To my Blue Devils..way to hang in there, and GREAT KICK!!!! Let's carry that momentum into next week!!!

Classy post Bigwheel. I agree that our boys' record does not do justice to the hard smashmouth football they play. They have worked hard since last year to step their play up. And I agree for them not to have gotten into the playoffs as at least #4 would seem unjust. Even though our two schools turn rival on Week 10, I think every year they earn each other's respect. It always comes down to touchdown or less it seems.

Good luck to White House next week as well as all the Region 4.

I watched the CSS replay after I posted and it was awesome to see how well both teams played, but on Senior night, there were outstanding plays by Michael Seay (correctly prounced just like SEA) and Ryan Dickerson who were laying on the hits, Sr. Justin Grogan played a great game also, as did Zach Cline, and Bryan May. Clint Grubbs was making his presence known, and it was a matter of inches for Blake Tucker (who never got his name mentioned on CSS) when the FG hit the upright, but gave us two PAT's. The other Seniors on the team were also making a difference in last night's performance. All you guys will be missed greatly.

As far as the "catch that wasn't a catch" as the CSS broadcaster said....BAD call. I hope the ref watches the replay and realizes he MAY have made a difference in the game.

Good to see that civility still lives in our two great communities. Good game WH!

Also, GREAT game GB! I love this team!! What heart...and GBCat2, you're right in handing out the kudos to those young men you mentioned. I'm not kin to 'em and I don't know them all that well, but I love 'em. Good luck next week.

How 'bout an update on the WH player that was hurt after the game. Hope he's OK. Good luck to you, too, next week. Hope to see you again on Nov. 16th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You have to put last night's call in context because it happens every week.

I thought it was a catch, but there's also a lot of time left on the clock at that point (both teams had another drive each and maybe more). ) Plus, it wasn't a touchdown, and Greenbrier had already missed a field goal and failed to score an offensive touchdown. So there are no guarantees. Further, didn't White House throw a pick right after it? They had the ball again and still didn't score. So there are no certainties.

Last week against Station Camp, crucial calls by the officials help swing the game. I'm not big on rules about linemen in pass catching situations, but if I understand the rule, a pass caught beyond the line of scrimmage isn't allowed if there are linemen downfield. Well last week, when Dixon fumbled (and looking at the TV replay, I think he was down), the very next play Station Camp throws a fullback screen and has a man downfield at least 8-10 yards. No call. Few plays later, field goal bounces off the post and in and it's 10-3 at the half. Ended up being a difference in the game.

I respect Greenbrier and I love the stadium renovations. It was a hard fought game and if all falls right, we may see it again in a couple of weeks at the House.