Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

I am sticking my two cents in here, and probable should not. But here goes, I was at the Morristown East scrimmage at the beggining of the season and saw SS for the first time and his appearance ruined it for me, the hat and unshaved appearance was so unproffesional. Thats when I posted that Coach Carter at South would outcoach him. To some this may sound crazy but being a former coach many years ago I learned you could judge a football program by the appearance and profesionalism of their head coach.

Like anything else the guys that walk quietly and carry the big sticks (class), are the ones who kicks your butt. When a guy has to tell me how good of a coach he is or has to draw attention to himself ( the gilligan hat) are not very good.

I hate it for the Topper kids but the parents and supporters playing that political game got exactly what you deserve.

You guys ran off one of the classiest men in this area and now you have the mud on your face.

Obviously you know nothing of what's been going on with shhs football. Yes..........smith is a huge disappointment.......HUGE.........but so was our former coach........nothing personal.

Just because the replacement is bad doesn't mean what we had was great.

This post aside, thank you to all the kspt fans for all of the positive posts for our team and talent. I'm sure the boys really appreciate it.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you know nothing of what's been going on with shhs football. Yes..........smith is a huge disappointment.......HUGE.........but so was our former coach........nothing personal.

Just because the replacement is bad doesn't mean what we had was great.

This post aside, thank you to all the kspt fans for all of the positive posts for our team and talent. I'm sure the boys really appreciate it.

The Hill is a class act. Any of these kids Seniors? Can they get scholarships in spite of the bad season?

If your 10-0 and have no college talent no one will sign and if your 3-7 and you meet the big boys expectations like Trent, they will sign you. Dunnah does not have the great numbers of the great backs, but he does show the brilliance at times. Colleges coaches will look at his speed, blocking, hands, strength and aggressive and look past how he was used in making their decisions.

The Hill is a class act. Any of these kids Seniors? Can they get scholarships in spite of the bad season?

Trent and Duannah have a chance to get D-I offers.

No one from D-B will get one, as has been the case for several years.

Talent is important; in the HS game, alot is about the system and coaching.

Graham Clark is the Coach of the Year in R-I 5A and, depending on playoff advancement , a Coach of the Year candidate for the State. It is not just Graham; his staff also shares in the credit.

Hey ......Gilligan....the Skipper says don't come back to the Nashville area.

By the way....the team that smitty gave up on and left to go to East Tn and said the kids had no guts here.......well....GUESS WHAT???? They became Region Champs last night.....and no thanks to the damage smitty left in his wake. If you win...it won't be because of him.

Yes...smitty .....a loaded team last year that you tanked on...came back this year with less to work with but with a REAL coach WON the region....yes..there is justice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad you got him over there......please keep him.....or put him on the fly-fishing circuit.

Problem number one with SNOB City- They think they are better than everyone, and deserve everything handed to them. You got exactly what you wanted. A new coach. He's here, everyone buddies up with him and begin your little political game as do most morons in a high school setting where influence is involved. Coach Smith, however, is the only man I saw ballsy enough to take on the job. Not a single one of the snobby, rich, tie wearing pussycats standing and watching, and talking about what they would do or what this should do. stink it up. Tell you're kid to play with heart.

Problem number two with SNOB City- No support. Period. There are no questions on this one. The crowd is more dead than Vandy on the road, and at home for that matter. The "supporters" stink in my most honest opinion. I would be ashamed to even put "topper fan" or anything related to them in that matter if I were you. You do not support this team at all. You support your own, selfish attitude and your selfish pride. You watch a football game about like chinese people do. I doubt you even know what goes on. There is never support. Period. It doesn't matter if your team is loosing or not, stink it up and cheer for them. They're kids trying to enjoy their high school careers, which you are ruining as well (not only the coach) by your arrogant mouths. Grow up some. For you people to be doctors, teachers, and all your other snob jobs and amazingness, you stink. There are teams going 0-10 with more support than you give.

Problem number ONE with the TEAM- No heart. No passion. No discipline. I blame it on the environment. But that's just me. But watch the sidelines. No one gets excited. There are personal fouls and penalties all over the place. I think there are also some other obvious factors that probably pass down from parent to child, but that's on another note that doesn't need discussion here. But mommy and daddy feed them bull about how good they are and how bad coach stinks. Well, kiddies, you believed them, and you can keep doing that, but look at your record. Your execution is poor. Anything can be done if you had this sense of pride that everyone talks about in Snob City for their program, but this pride and playing hard idea has went down the gutter. Play hard. If you would only execute and stop complaining like everyone else, you could win. You can do anything you set your mind to doing.

In a nutshell, the girly talk about Coach Smith should probably stop, because I doubt this man will be going anywhere. But this won't stop it, it will only influence most of you. But I would ponder on this, because you are an embarassment to Johnson City, Science Hill, and the team. Apparently though, you find ways to neglect your own internal problem and place it on a foreigner, and he's target number one for you people. But you seriously sound like a group of elementary children picking on a new kid. What did you expect? A miracle? Hah, I guess only because its the bible belt of America. I would go to church and start praying later on. Not for a coach though, but for yourself. You need it, because I'll be praying for you. Praying that you will finally pull your head right out of your rectum. It's been jammed up in there for way to long.

Trent and Duannah have a chance to get D-I offers.

No one from D-B will get one, as has been the case for several years.

Talent is important; in the HS game, alot is about the system and coaching.

Graham Clark is the Coach of the Year in R-I 5A and, depending on playoff advancement , a Coach of the Year candidate for the State. It is not just Graham; his staff also shares in the credit.

Coty Sensabaugh is currently at Clemson, D-1A. And there have been more from DB than most schools in this area over the years. Sensabaugh (UNC), Forbush (Clemson), Ghee (Wake Forest),....that is just in recent years

I understand Trent already has committed to VaTech. Duanah is great and could have had a great season if they would have game planned to just run the ball. He fumbles a lot and he will have to compete with a lot of 5-10, 195lb running backs. He has great speed and every time he touched the ball it was "hold your breathe".

Problem number one with SNOB City- They think they are better than everyone, and deserve everything handed to them. You got exactly what you wanted. A new coach. He's here, everyone buddies up with him and begin your little political game as do most morons in a high school setting where influence is involved. Coach Smith, however, is the only man I saw ballsy enough to take on the job. Not a single one of the snobby, rich, tie wearing pussycats standing and watching, and talking about what they would do or what this should do. stink it up. Tell you're kid to play with heart.

Problem number two with SNOB City- No support. Period. There are no questions on this one. The crowd is more dead than Vandy on the road, and at home for that matter. The "supporters" stink in my most honest opinion. I would be ashamed to even put "topper fan" or anything related to them in that matter if I were you. You do not support this team at all. You support your own, selfish attitude and your selfish pride. You watch a football game about like chinese people do. I doubt you even know what goes on. There is never support. Period. It doesn't matter if your team is loosing or not, stink it up and cheer for them. They're kids trying to enjoy their high school careers, which you are ruining as well (not only the coach) by your arrogant mouths. Grow up some. For you people to be doctors, teachers, and all your other snob jobs and amazingness, you stink. There are teams going 0-10 with more support than you give.

Problem number ONE with the TEAM- No heart. No passion. No discipline. I blame it on the environment. But that's just me. But watch the sidelines. No one gets excited. There are personal fouls and penalties all over the place. I think there are also some other obvious factors that probably pass down from parent to child, but that's on another note that doesn't need discussion here. But mommy and daddy feed them bull about how good they are and how bad coach stinks. Well, kiddies, you believed them, and you can keep doing that, but look at your record. Your execution is poor. Anything can be done if you had this sense of pride that everyone talks about in Snob City for their program, but this pride and playing hard idea has went down the gutter. Play hard. If you would only execute and stop complaining like everyone else, you could win. You can do anything you set your mind to doing.

In a nutshell, the girly talk about Coach Smith should probably stop, because I doubt this man will be going anywhere. But this won't stop it, it will only influence most of you. But I would ponder on this, because you are an embarassment to Johnson City, Science Hill, and the team. Apparently though, you find ways to neglect your own internal problem and place it on a foreigner, and he's target number one for you people. But you seriously sound like a group of elementary children picking on a new kid. What did you expect? A miracle? Hah, I guess only because its the bible belt of America. I would go to church and start praying later on. Not for a coach though, but for yourself. You need it, because I'll be praying for you. Praying that you will finally pull your head right out of your rectum. It's been jammed up in there for way to long.

only1bigg = ? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I am sticking my two cents in here, and probable should not. But here goes, I was at the Morristown East scrimmage at the beggining of the season and saw SS for the first time and his appearance ruined it for me, the hat and unshaved appearance was so unproffesional. Thats when I posted that Coach Carter at South would outcoach him. To some this may sound crazy but being a former coach many years ago I learned you could judge a football program by the appearance and profesionalism of their head coach.

Like anything else the guys that walk quietly and carry the big sticks (class), are the ones who kicks your butt. When a guy has to tell me how good of a coach he is or has to draw attention to himself ( the gilligan hat) are not very good.

I hate it for the Topper kids but the parents and supporters playing that political game got exactly what you deserve.

You guys ran off one of the classiest men in this area and now you have the mud on your face.

Uh, have you ever seen the New England Patriots play? They have the slouchiest, most unprofessional looking coach in all of football. They also have the most successful team over all in the last decade. Now, I agree that SS is an idiot and didn't deserve this job, but you can't judge by looks. I still say, and I know some will laugh and disagree, but you should have hired Ralph when you had the chance. You'd be at least 7-3, headed to the playoffs and in the right direction for next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> P.S. He ain't wrote no stinking books either!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

First of all, Influence is what we're all upset about.........what kind of "coach" is worried about influence. If he wins games it doesn't matter if ' Johnny" the Dr's son, or teachers son gets to play. No one fires a winning coach. I agree the coach inherited some serious attitudes but he did nothing to change them. He let the same old bs trash talk and laziness continue and did nothing to correct it. The BENCH would've been a cure for that within the first few weeks of practice. Some of these " attitudes" would have easily been cured had these kids been sent to the sidelines to think about their attitude and commitment in the 90 degree temps. comming to practice every day just to stand in the heat and do nothing. Instead, ss came in with an " I'm your buddy attitude and we're going to have fun" and these kids ran all over him and so did some of the parents. Maybe you need to rent the movie, Remember the Titans and watch it. That coach didn't come in to a well conditioned team with heart and great attitude and just open a playbook and teach it.......WAKE UP!! The COACH built a TEAM with heart. That's what a coach is. We, at SHHS expected a COACH and a strong leader. I believe ss is a good man with a good heart but IMO he is in way over his head. He could be successful at SH but he needs to do a 180. The HEART of the team comes from the COACH. If a kid doesn't have heart or commitment..........introduce them to the sideline until they find it! ss also allowed the "seniors are superior " attitude to polute the team from the start and he even encouraged it. On the football field, all players are a team. There should be no senior, junior, sophomore. They are all ONE on the field and the BEST players for the position PLAY. The " personal fouls" comment, GO BACK and look at how many the COACHES got this year!

The fans supported the coach and the team in the beginning but it's hard to support a coach that makes poor and wreckless decisions and ruins a team. IMO, he had some great athletes and instead of getting the best out of them, he allowed them to go backwards. No one is attacking ss on a personal level, he's a good man, but he's not a good coach.

In a nutshell, here's a bit of advice to ss. Start next season with a whole new attitude. Make the team a team. Let it be known from the beginning that if you don't give 110% to the TEAM you will become very familiar with the sideline. If you don't support your BROTHERS you won't be on the team, no matter your talent or potential. DON'T separate the offense from the defense and allow trash talk within the team. DON'T cut corners and cut practices short. DON'T make poor decisions during games. STOP listening to " johnnys" daddy and stop listening to your other coaches (there're some poor attitudes there). Be the leader and build a winning TEAM.

First of all, Influence is what we're all upset about.........what kind of "coach" is worried about influence. If he wins games it doesn't matter if ' Johnny" the Dr's son, or teachers son gets to play. No one fires a winning coach. I agree the coach inherited some serious attitudes but he did nothing to change them. He let the same old bs trash talk and laziness continue and did nothing to correct it. The BENCH would've been a cure for that within the first few weeks of practice. Some of these " attitudes" would have easily been cured had these kids been sent to the sidelines to think about their attitude and commitment in the 90 degree temps. comming to practice every day just to stand in the heat and do nothing. Instead, ss came in with an " I'm your buddy attitude and we're going to have fun" and these kids ran all over him and so did some of the parents. Maybe you need to rent the movie, Remember the Titans and watch it. That coach didn't come in to a well conditioned team with heart and great attitude and just open a playbook and teach it.......WAKE UP!! The COACH built a TEAM with heart. That's what a coach is. We, at SHHS expected a COACH and a strong leader. I believe ss is a good man with a good heart but IMO he is in way over his head. He could be successful at SH but he needs to do a 180. The HEART of the team comes from the COACH. If a kid doesn't have heart or commitment..........introduce them to the sideline until they find it! ss also allowed the "seniors are superior " attitude to polute the team from the start and he even encouraged it. On the football field, all players are a team. There should be no senior, junior, sophomore. They are all ONE on the field and the BEST players for the position PLAY. The " personal fouls" comment, GO BACK and look at how many the COACHES got this year!

The fans supported the coach and the team in the beginning but it's hard to support a coach that makes poor and wreckless decisions and ruins a team. IMO, he had some great athletes and instead of getting the best out of them, he allowed them to go backwards. No one is attacking ss on a personal level, he's a good man, but he's not a good coach.

In a nutshell, here's a bit of advice to ss. Start next season with a whole new attitude. Make the team a team. Let it be known from the beginning that if you don't give 110% to the TEAM you will become very familiar with the sideline. If you don't support your BROTHERS you won't be on the team, no matter your talent or potential. DON'T separate the offense from the defense and allow trash talk within the team. DON'T cut corners and cut practices short. DON'T make poor decisions during games. STOP listening to " johnnys" daddy and stop listening to your other coaches (there're some poor attitudes there). Be the leader and build a winning TEAM.

Good post ! A little Rocky music would go good with it.