There's more than Football!

VikingFan14

As a single mother raising a 14yr old whose dad died when she was three, my heart goes out to you both in so many ways. Not a dry eye after reading that! I can only pray my daughter is half the person you have raised your son to be. So far she has not dissappointed and I find myself looking at her every day thinking, how did I raise a kid this great? Then I remember it was all with God's help.

If you are like me Football is just a distraction to get lost in for a while. Good luck with everything and congratulations on being a GREAT Dad!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As tough as it is for both parents to walk out on that field, I am sure that it was more difficult for you. I only hope that when you did, that you held your head high and was very proud, not only of your son, but of yourself as well. It sounds like you have an outstanding son who has his priorities straight, and that can only be taught by a parent. You know as well as I do that while you were walking out there, you were not alone. You was accompanied by 2. Your wife with her arm through yours, and God with his hand on your shoulder to keep you strong. Football gets alot of attention this time of year, but we must remain focused on the reason for everything.

Thanks for the story, it has made my day, this late at night. Pat your son on the back for me and just let him know that there are alot of people that are proud of him as well.

Guest Termite

The best post I have read.

It appears you have done an excellent job. You should be proud of him.....and yourself /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

God doesn't give us any more than we can bare. I'm sure his mother was with him,and you, every step of the way the last 14-15 years.

Post of the year. We get so caught up in the games we forget these are kids playing a GAME they love. After watching my son work hard these last three years go down in a game with a month long injury it brings it all in to perspective. We take a lot of things for granted, Tim, your son is as proud of you as you are of him. God bless you and good luck in the future.

Thank you for sharing this. I too cried while reading. You are so right, football is just a vehicle for teaching kids about life and preparing them for the BIG game. I truly believe that it is the trials, disappointments, and defeats in life that really make us better and stronger. Paul tells us in the Bible to REJOICE in those trials as that is when we know that our Father is teaching us.

It is evident that He has taught your son, and you, well indeed. I hope for the best for both of you as he grows and ventures out well prepared to face his future.

AMEN ! This is an Absolutly Amazing Testament to You and Your Sons Viligance Looking up to Our Father In Heaven as your Guide thruout Your Daily Lifes ! May GOD Bless You and Keep You as He Promises Us He Will. By far the best post on CoachT . My prayers and best to you and your son. Football is nothing but a game HOWEVER it has many Attributes to Teach our young men with its ups and downs ,That We Must Prevail thru them All No Matter the Trails and Tribulations Life has in store for Each of Us!

Thanks to everyone! Something drove me to post this event! I am honored that my post touched so many people but the words weren't mine. I was driven by a higher power as I had to be on my way out of town but was compelled to write what I had experienced & the words flowed w/o much thinking!

Here's another thing! When my late wife passed I had to go to the school & tell her step-son who I raised from a baby. He was 8yrs old at the time. I walked up to the door & before I opened it I prayed. I asked the Lord to put the words in my mouth as I wasn't a wise enough man to tell him. I really didn't know what I said until afterward when the principal told me that what I told Dane was the most eloquent thing she had ever heard. I asked her what I had said. I didn't know! Prayer answered!

I'm not a good enough Christian! I could do better! Much better! But God has answered some prayers for me & my family & I was lead to share all this!