Clay Co. @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Clay Co. has to travel to Gordonsville.

Gordonsville wins the region if they win.

Clay Co. is a much improved team from the last couple of years with nothing to lose since they are already eliminated from the playoffs.

Also, earlier in the year there were some Clay Co. posters on here.

I haven't seen them in a few weeks.

I'd like to hear from them.

So, what are some thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 4 1-A is there for the taking. We just have to take care of business. Wasn't it about three or four years ago, we were in about the same spot and Clay Co. came down and won the game?

Cannot overlook anyone. Anytime.

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clay Co. has to travel to Gordonsville.

Gordonsville wins the region if they win.

Clay Co. is a much improved team from the last couple of years with nothing to lose since they are already eliminated from the playoffs.

Also, earlier in the year there were some Clay Co. posters on here.

I haven't seen them in a few weeks.

I'd like to hear from them.

So, what are some thoughts?

I was one of the earlier posters there croz. But I'm not a Dawg faithful but a football fan I am. What do yu want to hear that GV is going to win by 40. Like I said earlier the Dawgs have had the athlete's but no coaching. Since Brown has came on the scene Clay Co. has played some real football. Will they beat you all .....probably not but you all better be ready for a game because the Dawgs are not the same team you have seen in the past 3 or 4 yrs. The Clay program is on the rise and I think coach Brown should be seriously considered for coach of the year honors. As should Monterey's and Watertown's coaches.

I was one of the earlier posters there croz. But I'm not a Dawg faithful but a football fan I am. What do yu want to hear that GV is going to win by 40. Like I said earlier the Dawgs have had the athlete's but no coaching. Since Brown has came on the scene Clay Co. has played some real football. Will they beat you all .....probably not but you all better be ready for a game because the Dawgs are not the same team you have seen in the past 3 or 4 yrs. The Clay program is on the rise and I think coach Brown should be seriously considered for coach of the year honors. As should Monterey's and Watertown's coaches.

I would rather see GV earn a game. Its makes them better for it. As for the coaches. I would pick Watertown. He is even getting sneaky like the TC coach.... No horn blowing he had announced...... Kept GVs horns silent for the entire first half. Plus he seems to have gotten more out of his players than Monterey. The Monterey coaches got their team a 15yd for coming onto the field to chase a GV player. Little to hot headed for me. Clay I cant speak for yet as I have not seen them play this year.

I assure you GV will be ready to play. They want that G back on the field. If you aint region champs its removed. Thats why you wont see the G until the playoffs. Providing they take that position. That should answer the question all the fans have been asking about. Wheres the G?

I would rather see GV earn a game. Its makes them better for it. As for the coaches. I would pick Watertown. He is even getting sneaky like the TC coach.... No horn blowing he had announced...... Kept GVs horns silent for the entire first half. Plus he seems to have gotten more out of his players than Monterey. The Monterey coaches got their team a 15yd for coming onto the field to chase a GV player. Little to hot headed for me. Clay I cant speak for yet as I have not seen them play this year.

I assure you GV will be ready to play. They want that G back on the field. If you aint region champs its removed. Thats why you wont see the G until the playoffs. Providing they take that position. That should answer the question all the fans have been asking about. Wheres the G?

So that's why there has been no G on the field this year. I was wondering. Is that a rules thing or a Coach D thing?

So that's why there has been no G on the field this year. I was wondering. Is that a rules thing or a Coach D thing?

Its been a senior decision. Handed down since it started, So I am told. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So fill me in on this. Did they announce that horn blowing would bring a penalty? Can a coach make this call if he wishes to?

No, the anouncer anounced there will be no horn blowing in pre game announcement. The horn operators were afraid if they blew the horns they would get the team a penalty. I caught up with them at half time and explaind what has been gone over on coach T. So they started blowing them with no interference from the refs. Just a good ole trick that worked for the first half. When the horns started. The game picked up for GV. No a coach cant as long as you dont blow it during play. Even then if the coach dont complain. The refs dont care. If he complains then you are first warned. If it happens again during play you get the axe. Before and after the whistle is free game. Same goes for the band. If you want to be a spoil sport you can also ask for the band to refrain from play during play. Which will bring twice the crowd noise. Happend to GV already.

No, the anouncer anounced there will be no horn blowing in pre game announcement. The horn operators were afraid if they blew the horns they would get the team a penalty. I caught up with them at half time and explaind what has been gone over on coach T. So they started blowing them with no interference from the refs. Just a good ole trick that worked for the first half. When the horns started. The game picked up for GV. No a coach cant as long as you dont blow it during play. Even then if the coach dont complain. The refs dont care. If he complains then you are first warned. If it happens again during play you get the axe. Before and after the whistle is free game. Same goes for the band. If you want to be a spoil sport you can also ask for the band to refrain from play during play. Which will bring twice the crowd noise. Happend to GV already.

That's a little silly, announcing something that can't be enforced. In yall's case aren't the horns in the parking lot anyway? It would seem that would make it even harder to enforce.

As far as the band playing, TC's band would play the whole time we had the ball. That seems a little tacky to me, but it really didn't have much to do with the outcome. We don't blow horns from huddle break till the play is dead.

I do know that people despise the horns.

That's a little silly, announcing something that can't be enforced. In yall's case aren't the horns in the parking lot anyway? It would seem that would make it even harder to enforce.

As far as the band playing, TC's band would play the whole time we had the ball. That seems a little tacky to me, but it really didn't have much to do with the outcome. We don't blow horns from huddle break till the play is dead.

I do know that people despise the horns.

Ha don't go there knuckles. I heard the train noise while we were calling signals on offence at times...