Harrison Smith

Solomon

Notre Dame is PATHETIC! THey always have a top 5 recruiting class and tell recruits what they want to hear, not what the truth is (i.e. Smith would play safety, but they move him to LB almost immediately). Not so sure Weiss will last up there. I'll take Rogan over Smith any day.

You clearly don't know anything about recruiting.. There is barely any talent in the Junior and Senior Classes at ND... Zbikowski no matter how dominate he was 2 years ago is clearly overrated....

Oh and Tyrone willinghams classes (Cept for Brady Quinns) Was terrible, and Bob Davie Actually had more to do with Recruiting Brady than Tyrone Willingham, whose classes werent even in the top 30 in the nation.... Weis had the 9th his first year and and 7th last year... Just this year(recruits to have yet signed..) are they finally no.1 in recruiting again..

Oh and him going to LB is BS hahhaha They want him at SS or FS, 1. He doesnt fit the scheme of a Linebacker in there Defense the OLB are DE/OLB Hybrids, Big athletic LB/DE type body's, there called "Tweeners" 2.They have the best LB class in the nation this year with and

Tate has done a lot... and Tate has his own Tee shirt... He also got moved to the back of the depth chart because of an Injury they want him to be healthy cause they realize just how good he is going to be....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see we have one person on here that thinks Golden Tate was not a top 5 player in the state last year, and one that thinks Dennis Rogan is the best running back in the history of TN. wow /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I don't know what to say. I guess I will let those statements speak for themselves. If I was Smith, I would get out of there quick.

Lets see we have one person on here that thinks Golden Tate was not a top 5 player in the state last year, and one that thinks Dennis Rogan is the best running back in the history of TN. wow /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I don't know what to say. I guess I will let those statements speak for themselves. If I was Smith, I would get out of there quick.

Why? That doesnt make sense... ND is thrilled to have him and most project him to start at Safety next year...

First off, don't try to make it sound like I'm some idiot or crazy for my comment about Rogan. I forgot about Troy Fleming, who went on to play in the NFL, so I'll give you that one. Besides that, looking at the rest on the TSSAA record book, who else was "that" much better? Dennis finished his career with over 5,600 rushing yards, which is 8th on the list, but the #2 guy behind Fleming, Longmire from Bruceton Central, had 7,500 yards. You may say, "Well, that's 1,900 more yards isn't it?" Yes, it is. BUT.....look at the most yards in a single-season as well. The most Longmire ever had in a single-season was 2,200 yards. Rogan had over 2,600 this past season, while not even playing the whole 2nd half in at least 3 games. He could have easily, EASILY had well over 3,000. Well, guess what? The most Fleming ever had in a single-season was 3,008. Could Dennis had gotten at least that much had he played the 2nd half of blowout games? Of course. I also see where Longmire ranks 3rd in the State in rushing attempts in a season, so that's how he got the 2,200 he did get that one year. The record holder had 95 TD's in his career, Rogan had 81, but again, could have easily had more. That's not that big of a difference anyways. Rogan ranks 1st in TSSAA history with 47 TD's in a season (the guy in 2nd had 43, you don't think Rogan could have gotten 2 more TD's a game last year against LA, Scott Co., or Boyd-Buchanon?) He could have easily shattered that record. He ranks 2nd in TSSAA history with consecutive 100-yard games with 19. Rogan also holds the record for total points scored in a season with 296.

With all this said, one has to take in consideration that Rogan DIDN'T start until his JUNIOR year. He basically had 2 seasons to carry the football most of the time, playing sparely behind Jam Fine his Freshman and Sophomore years. Fine ended up signing with Tenn State, so he was pretty good as well. All the guys ahead of him would not have had near the yardage for their career season high as Rogan could have easily had last year. That tells me that those guys were the dominant ball carriers for their schools for at least 3 years, some 4. Rogan did all he did in two. Several people who saw him play in person said he was probably the smoothest, best running back they had seen in a long time. He also won 3 State Championships and was the Offensive MVP of the BlueCross Bowl last year with 206 yards rushing and 2 TD's. So, when you look at everything in perspective...I don't sound too stupid or crazy for making that statement now do I? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I'll give you Troy Fleming as the best ever, but Rogan is right up there with the rest.

I know this season is not going well but why would he want to leave. As a huge ND fan, we all knew this year was going to be tough but not this tough. However, the future looks bright. Their frosh and soph classes has played more minutes than any other team in the country. Ty's last two recruiting classes have been rated as the two worst in ND history and that is the JR and SR classes. Also, they only have 8 SRs. They must be doing something right, because a 1-8 team usually don't have the No. 1 recruitung class.

Here is the info I have gathered from Rivals Posters

Smith- He is going to red-shirt this year. They thought about playing him about half way throught the year but decided to red-shirt him. They are really high on him and many believe he will be in the running for SS next year. And no, he is not moving to LB. If Weis is known for one thing, he tells you like it is and that means he's going to get his shot at safety.

Tate- They are also will high on him. They believe he is going to be a big time playmaker. One of the main reasons he is not on the field more at WR is because he has to get better at route running. Once he does that, he will get alot of PT.

Why? That doesnt make sense... ND is thrilled to have him and most project him to start at Safety next year...

He will have to beat out McCarthey and Burceton. He could. If not, Bruceton will be a SR. which would free up a spot for him as a RS Soph. The younger McCarthey will be chasing him though. The ND losses are on fatboy, not Willingham. Fatboy got outcoached by Johnson from Navy. No way they have better talent than ND. Sort of like the other fatboy almost getting outcoached by Air Force last year.

Rogan was good. There have certainly been better in TN. Cobb & Thompson come to mind from Knox. alone. Troy Flemming at BGA was pretty strong, as well as James Stewart @ MoWest. 10-15 better than Rogan in FL, CA, or TX every year? Maybe, but not last year. When it was all said and done, Dennis was ranked by both major scouting services as one of the Top 10 All Purpose RB in the country last year. There is only one skill player in the Frosh class @ UT that is a better FOOTBALL player than Rogan. Berry. I've seen Dennis lately, and he is bulked up, not lost a step, and seems as hungry as ever. Too much politics at RB. Rogan seems happy just being on the field and playing. He wins. Period. Need tough yards? How about 160 or so in the 2nd 1/2 of the Championship game last year. All between the tackles. Need a ground game for an All Star team? Give it to Rogan, and he'll get you 175 in 2 1/2 quarters against the D-1 loaded KY all star team. Need a CB, S, PR, KR with VERY limmited prep and coaching time to step in and help in the SEC? Same answer. I've seen the kid play since Midget ball, and the more he is doubted, the better he does. Won't qualify, ACT score is not there, ect. Wrong..

BTW. both Tate and Smith will be very good college players. Too bad it won't be for the home team. You take all the TN kids that get away; Willis, Cooper, Turner, Warren, Oher, etc, ...well this year alone...Jones and I bet Hightower and Jordan and there is plenty of in-state talent. But Noooooo, UT is a national program blah, blah blah. I have seen Lakeland FL, St. Louis & Punahou, HI, been to the Ohio vs. the USA, and the talent in TN is underated.

ruse?

He will have to beat out McCarthey and Burceton. He could. If not, Bruceton will be a SR. which would free up a spot for him as a RS Soph. The younger McCarthey will be chasing him though. The ND losses are on fatboy, not Willingham. Fatboy got outcoached by Johnson from Navy. No way they have better talent than ND. Sort of like the other fatboy almost getting outcoached by Air Force last year.

Rogan was good. There have certainly been better in TN. Cobb & Thompson come to mind from Knox. alone. Troy Flemming at BGA was pretty strong, as well as James Stewart @ MoWest. 10-15 better than Rogan in FL, CA, or TX every year? Maybe, but not last year. When it was all said and done, Dennis was ranked by both major scouting services as one of the Top 10 All Purpose RB in the country last year. There is only one skill player in the Frosh class @ UT that is a better FOOTBALL player than Rogan. Berry. I've seen Dennis lately, and he is bulked up, not lost a step, and seems as hungry as ever. Too much politics at RB. Rogan seems happy just being on the field and playing. He wins. Period. Need tough yards? How about 160 or so in the 2nd 1/2 of the Championship game last year. All between the tackles. Need a ground game for an All Star team? Give it to Rogan, and he'll get you 175 in 2 1/2 quarters against the D-1 loaded KY all star team. Need a CB, S, PR, KR with VERY limmited prep and coaching time to step in and help in the SEC? Same answer. I've seen the kid play since Midget ball, and the more he is doubted, the better he does. Won't qualify, ACT score is not there, ect. Wrong..

BTW. both Tate and Smith will be very good college players. Too bad it won't be for the home team. You take all the TN kids that get away; Willis, Cooper, Turner, Warren, Oher, etc, ...well this year alone...Jones and I bet Hightower and Jordan and there is plenty of in-state talent. But Noooooo, UT is a national program blah, blah blah. I have seen Lakeland FL, St. Louis & Punahou, HI, been to the Ohio vs. the USA, and the talent in TN is underated.

ruse?

Ruse? has been sipping the testostrone today.

What game will you be traveling to this week?

Ruse? has been sipping the testostrone today.

What game will you be traveling to this week?

Photo.

I chug my juice baby. Dempending on my pump, I might head down I-75 to watch Pearl Cohn @ the Howard Hustlin Tigers. If I'm not all jacked up, probably Ooltowah @ Bearden.

ruse?

road2three, please get off your knees!

Whatever man. I watched Rogan beat Eric Berry and Johnathan Heffney to plenty of balls against LA last Sat. He was also leading the pack down on every punt return. Heck Heffney kept the boy from getting his first int. There is a bright future for Rogan here at here UT and the student body is already talking about him.

First off, don't try to make it sound like I'm some idiot or crazy for my comment about Rogan. I forgot about Troy Fleming, who went on to play in the NFL, so I'll give you that one. Besides that, looking at the rest on the TSSAA record book, who else was "that" much better? Dennis finished his career with over 5,600 rushing yards, which is 8th on the list, but the #2 guy behind Fleming, Longmire from Bruceton Central, had 7,500 yards. You may say, "Well, that's 1,900 more yards isn't it?" Yes, it is. BUT.....look at the most yards in a single-season as well. The most Longmire ever had in a single-season was 2,200 yards. Rogan had over 2,600 this past season, while not even playing the whole 2nd half in at least 3 games. He could have easily, EASILY had well over 3,000. Well, guess what? The most Fleming ever had in a single-season was 3,008. Could Dennis had gotten at least that much had he played the 2nd half of blowout games? Of course. I also see where Longmire ranks 3rd in the State in rushing attempts in a season, so that's how he got the 2,200 he did get that one year. The record holder had 95 TD's in his career, Rogan had 81, but again, could have easily had more. That's not that big of a difference anyways. Rogan ranks 1st in TSSAA history with 47 TD's in a season (the guy in 2nd had 43, you don't think Rogan could have gotten 2 more TD's a game last year against LA, Scott Co., or Boyd-Buchanon?) He could have easily shattered that record. He ranks 2nd in TSSAA history with consecutive 100-yard games with 19. Rogan also holds the record for total points scored in a season with 296.

With all this said, one has to take in consideration that Rogan DIDN'T start until his JUNIOR year. He basically had 2 seasons to carry the football most of the time, playing sparely behind Jam Fine his Freshman and Sophomore years. Fine ended up signing with Tenn State, so he was pretty good as well. All the guys ahead of him would not have had near the yardage for their career season high as Rogan could have easily had last year. That tells me that those guys were the dominant ball carriers for their schools for at least 3 years, some 4. Rogan did all he did in two. Several people who saw him play in person said he was probably the smoothest, best running back they had seen in a long time. He also won 3 State Championships and was the Offensive MVP of the BlueCross Bowl last year with 206 yards rushing and 2 TD's. So, when you look at everything in perspective...I don't sound too stupid or crazy for making that statement now do I? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I'll give you Troy Fleming as the best ever, but Rogan is right up there with the rest.

Ever is a long time.

How about Leroy Thomson, from A/E, Cobb from Knox Central, Simson from McMinn Co, and Moore from Greenville

just to name a few. All of these where better than Rogan. I have seen each of these and the Moore Kids from Greenville was the best in high school he was a man playing boys he was 6'5" 240 and run a 4.4 40. Played at UT as a T-End before he got into trouble. Leroy played at Penn State and NFL, Cobb at UT, Simson at UT. Dennis is a great player but to say best of all times don"t think so. He is the best running back I have seen in the last 10 years but Smith is a better football player because of all the things he could do. I don't expect you to agree with this but we know you see with fulton eyes only. Hope to see you at the game Friday or are you going to the Carter game its only 1 mile from your house.

You clearly don't know anything about recruiting.. There is barely any talent in the Junior and Senior Classes at ND... Zbikowski no matter how dominate he was 2 years ago is clearly overrated....

Oh and Tyrone willinghams classes (Cept for Brady Quinns) Was terrible, and Bob Davie Actually had more to do with Recruiting Brady than Tyrone Willingham, whose classes werent even in the top 30 in the nation.... Weis had the 9th his first year and and 7th last year... Just this year(recruits to have yet signed..) are they finally no.1 in recruiting again..

Oh and him going to LB is BS hahhaha They want him at SS or FS, 1. He doesnt fit the scheme of a Linebacker in there Defense the OLB are DE/OLB Hybrids, Big athletic LB/DE type body's, there called "Tweeners" 2.They have the best LB class in the nation this year with and

Tate has done a lot... and Tate has his own Tee shirt... He also got moved to the back of the depth chart because of an Injury they want him to be healthy cause they realize just how good he is going to be....

Harrison Smith was not moved to LB. That is Brian Smith, a freshman recruit from Kansas. Tate has a bright future as a receiver/returner. Willingham left no recruits to man this year's junior and senior classes. Notre Dame is pathetic this year, but don't shed any tears. Weis recruiting classes have been #8 Nationally, #8 Nationally, and so far this year, #1 Nationally.