Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Greg Wyant applied he should have gotten the Riverdale Job after Rankin left.

That ought to go over almost as big as Rankin's possibility of going there with 2p. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The 'RUMOR' going around the county is that Coach Wyatt is saying he has the Eagleville job sewed up. I have NOT heard him say it, but other folks in the county are say he did. Right now he has his hands full just going to the BC Bowl with Smyrna.

BTW, it was NOT Rankins job to promise anyone. He quit and moved on. Nothing in teachers contracts say they get to pick their replacements. Contrary to popular belief Mr Nolan does the hiring there. I will admit Coach Wyatt got LIED to BIG time though.

here is a serious word on the street...

i can't remember the coach's name...but was told today that a coach who used to be at oakland and left to coach jefferson county was going to be the coach...

again...i am fairly new to the area...so i don't know names from the past...but this was a guy who talks to insiders...

we'll see...

I am praying that you do have an inside source on this one. There is nothing that could make me happier than to see Marty U return HOME once again. I simply can't express how I feel about the very thought. HE is definitely the man for the job. He has proven himself already at Oakland. The man has discipline, desire, competitiveness, drive, and would know what he was getting into. The most important thing is that the man hates to Lose.....and his standards are very high that he sets for his players and himself. I know the players would be encouraged to put Christ first under his direction, and the rest would all fall into place.Geez........I hope you are right and are not just teasing me. I finally have some hope......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

if marty u comes back to oakland, i guess fergueson still has a job with the football program (as an assistant)?

2p, wish i still had plus membership (probably wont renew i will post sparingly after graduation as i will be distanced from the programs)...have some interesting stuff to share with you, basically confirmation of rumors but more in depth /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

if marty u comes back to oakland, i guess fergueson still has a job with the football program (as an assistant)?

2p, wish i still had plus membership (probably wont renew i will post sparingly after graduation as i will be distanced from the programs)...have some interesting stuff to share with you, basically confirmation of rumors but more in depth /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2p posted his e-mail address a few pages back in this thread if I remember correctly. You could let him know that way.

I am praying that you do have an inside source on this one. There is nothing that could make me happier than to see Marty U return HOME once again. I simply can't express how I feel about the very thought. HE is definitely the man for the job. He has proven himself already at Oakland. The man has discipline, desire, competitiveness, drive, and would know what he was getting into. The most important thing is that the man hates to Lose.....and his standards are very high that he sets for his players and himself. I know the players would be encouraged to put Christ first under his direction, and the rest would all fall into place.Geez........I hope you are right and are not just teasing me. I finally have some hope......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't disagree with you much 2P, but I do on this one. If memory serves me correctly he was about to be fired from OHS right before he took the Jeff Co. job. The arrogance factor rubbed many people the wrong way. Oakland needs a proven coach. Coach U has had losing records at two of the three schools at which he's been head coach. I'm hoping our sights are aiming quite a bit higher.

I don't disagree with you much 2P, but I do on this one. If memory serves me correctly he was about to be fired from OHS right before he took the Jeff Co. job. The arrogance factor rubbed many people the wrong way. Oakland needs a proven coach. Coach U has had losing records at two of the three schools at which he's been head coach. I'm hoping our sights are aiming quite a bit higher.

About to be fired? You are definitely wrong on this one.That is simply NOT true. He was even offered Head Coach at Siegel and I know this for a fact. Proven coaches have rings.......and Marty has one....!!! I would rather see him at OHS than any other candidate, esp an ARROGANT one called Rankin.