MBA vs. Knox Webb

TheBigRedDog

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen and heard, Webb has two very large bodies clogging up the middle on the Dline....

Webb has one big body but he mostly plays OL. MBA will really have the advantage on both sides of the ball, as far as line play goes. I just don't see any way possible Webb even competes in this game unless MBA puts the ball on the ground several times.

Webb is about to find out what big time HS football is all about.

Oops. Sorry. Maybe this game will be better than I thought. Is Webb really starting a freshman at QB? If so, why? Also, does anyone know how many kids go to Webb?

I believe Webb has around 450-475 students in the HS. It's co-ed so roughly 225 boys.

Webb starts a freshman QB because they don't have anyone else. Junior and Senior classes are pretty lean athletically with a few of acceptoions.

One thing about wing-t offenses is they chew the clock up. MBA needs to make sure their possesions count cause Webb will shorten the game as much as possible. Size doesn't really matter that much when facing a wing-t team because the offense is based on misdirection. Wing-t teams are also notoriously patient, and take what you give them. I have no idea what MBA has other than they're good every year, and "shouldn't" have any problems on paper, but if they're over aggrestive this game could be tight.

One thing about wing-t offenses is they chew the clock up. MBA needs to make sure their possesions count cause Webb will shorten the game as much as possible. Size doesn't really matter that much when facing a wing-t team because the offense is based on misdirection. Wing-t teams are also notoriously patient, and take what you give them. I have no idea what MBA has other than they're good every year, and "shouldn't" have any problems on paper, but if they're over aggrestive this game could be tight.

I never worry about MBA on paper...it's that pesky turf, or natural surface that worries me.

BTW, what is the surface at MTSU. MBA is home for this one, if they win, they're home next week, both on turf.

Webb's played mba in the past, once in 2001 and 2002, when MBA was ranked nationaly...so i wouldnt say that this is webb's first welcome to big time high school football even though they got beat handily both times. Webb knows what they are up against and hopefully one day will be there themselves. not now, there young, and have no depth. they have 2 good players, #20 and 1. Being 7-3 this year they have really overacheived as a team with the players they have, esp. in a league like this. I will say that they do have some really really talented players entering highschool next year that will, if they stay the course and keep all of the players, will compete with any team in the state in a few years. Infact they have an eigth grader that is probably one of the best runningbacks in the south. Ive never seen a running back his age run like he does in my life, if he grows a little he will be a very special player. Ive seen Webb multiple times this year and they will score on MBA but they will not be able to stop them at all. It will be close at first then MBA should pull away for a big win.