Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

Coachinhoops, I believe you may be a little biased.

It always seems to be someone else??™s fault when we fail. It is too easy to blame everyone around you. I just do not see the lack of support from the administration you are talking about seeing that the principal is an old basketball coach himself. I know you have the inside track on what went on in the school, but political corruption? What would be the motive of the politicians in undermining the coach? Weren??™t Coach White??™s dad and the current school superintendent good friends?

I think you are trying to make this thing out to be more than what it is. The situation is a little more straight forward than that, the program that Coach White put together just didn??™t work. It doesn??™t make him any less of a man, it just didn??™t work. The job at LC is attractive to many coaches. There are a lot of coaches that would love to take a program on the bottom and build it up. I would much rather take over a program at the bottom than one at the top.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small town politics does not involve politicians. It involves well to do parents in the community pulling strings. You know, not what you know but who. As for me being biased, not really. I am completely satisfied where I am. Name one statement that I wrote that is not true. As for alot of coaches that would love to have the Lenoir City job, I doubt it. The only ones that will even inquire, are ones that are young and cocky enough to think it will be different when they take over, or somebody that has retired and may look to get back into it.

Coach White is just lucky that he is a quality person with connections all over East Tennessee. Otherwise his tenure at Lenoir City would have been coaching suicide. Just like it will be for the next guy.

Everything that I said is completely factual and I challenge you to prove otherwise. Remember,

I lived it. So I think I should know what is going on there.

We don't have a choice in playing 4A!! Believe me, we know better than anyone that we need to be moved back down but since it's determined on school size, not team size or ability, we have to deal with it. You're right MHS, we wanted a change and we got it, the Head Coach is the ultimate person that has to answer for things but he's got A LOT of assistants that need to go to!!!

I personally do not know the whole situation that you have at LC but I can tell you that you have tremendous assistant coach at LC I know he has only been there for two years but I can tell you from apersonal stant point my son played for coach Gossett at McMinn Central and he was very strong on BOOKS,DISCIPLINE,FAMILY,and HARDWORK take care of those 4 thing winning is easy.

I personally do not know the whole situation that you have at LC but I can tell you that you have tremendous assistant coach at LC I know he has only been there for two years but I can tell you from apersonal stant point my son played for coach Gossett at McMinn Central and he was very strong on BOOKS,DISCIPLINE,FAMILY,and HARDWORK take care of those 4 thing winning is easy.

Your right he is probly one of the best line coaches and people on the feild that we have seen this year. A hall of fame player for marryville collage and one of the best coaches ive ever seen in my life. Brian Gossett probly could be one of the best coaches in the schools history. And he isnt just that way on the feild but in the class room as well and on a personal level. Last year I was haveing some family problems and he took me aside and told me that he had never been threw what I was going threw but he would help me in anyway he could. And that ment more to me then anything probly anyone has ever told me probly. Just goes to shows how great of a man he is.

If a promotion is to be given, and he wants it, I don't think many players or parents would be upset with him getting the job. After all that has been going on this year, not sure he would want the extra headache of being a head coach.

I have heard much of the same about Coach Gossett. Not usre if he is interested in the job, but he would probably make a good head coach at LC. Coach In Hoops, sounds like alot of sour grapes to me. I have talked with parents of former BB players that are glad there was a change in the BB Coach at LCHS...

Coaching Advertisement for LC:

Wanted:

A. A proven winner that can do so without school board and administrative support

B. A coach that can instill discipline in his players even though doing so may cause people to bash you for losing

C. A coach that enjoys sharing facilities with band, soccer, cross country, croquet, and basket weaving

D. A coach that will work for less money than most other coaches in the region

E. A coach who can handle working with disloyal assistant coaches who undermine you with parents and administration.

F. A coach that can handle a multimillion dollar technical center being built while the football stadium crumbles to the ground.

G. A coach that can handle the presence of constant political corruption.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.

H. A coach who can take players from middle school used to competing against Vonore and teach them to beat Maryville, Central, Halls, Powell, West, South Doyle, and Clinton.

If you are interested in this tremendous coaching opportunity, contact us immediately. We don't anticipate this high profile position to be open long. Please hurry...

Congratulations Coach White...Other than accepting Christ and saying I do, resigning was the absolute best decision you may ever make.

I hope you improve your quality of life as much as I did.

I hope some of you die hard LC fans don't take any of this personally, as I never attacked any of you. There are still some good people in Lenoir City. It's just a shame they aren't leading the school system.

A- We have a new AD since you left, so we'll have to see on this one

B-Discipline was one of the issues, or rather unequal or no disipline for "star" players

C-The practice field being beside the bands seems to cause some problems, maybe a new coach and the band director can work something out. Seems the current band director doesn't take to being told "this is the way its going to be because I'm the football coach". They do share the weight room with baseball, basketball etc, but I would guess most schools do.

D- I really don't know about the pay for coaches or how much less it is, but most parents don't have anything to base this on, I even heard one who thought the coaches got an extra 20k a year to coach ( I know thats really inflated). Don't expect a first time head coach with a losing record to get paid what some of the established coaches are getting paid. Let out some comparison numbers and we will try and put pressure on the school board.

E-I believe the assistant coaches were pretty loyal to coach White. Did this happen to you?

F-This is a problem we are trying to address, but the answer seemed to be, "we only have so much building money and we are a school that is having problems with overcrowding." Maybe we will have more success in the future.

G- That is a problem that goes on everywhere that I have ever talked to parents or fans about high school sports. I have heard people complain about Oak Ridge, Farragut, and even Maryville. Might even happen at your new program one day. Wish we could stop it, but I don't really know how.

H- The middle schools (mainly North Middle) are really discussing a real middle school program so that might help, although the cost would be the largest of any sport, so that is frowned upon by some. I do know some of the players that are on the field now never played before high school, some were to small and didn't really grow till now, some were uninterested. A coach must be able to try and teach new players no matter how much experience they have or where they got it. Maryville Middle Schools schedule looks like this: William Blount twice-Sevier County-Carpenters-Clinton-Heritage-Alcoa-Seymour, somehow with this schedule they figure out how to beat Powell, Central, South-Doyle, West, Halls and others, then good schools from West or middle TN every year in the playoffs, so I'm still not 100% sold on this idea.

Looks like a strong middle school schedule. Definatley a step up from the Vonore and Polk Co Midgets.

Sevier County and William Blount - strong 5A programs

Clinton - alot of middle school athletes, I'm assuming

Alcoa - best AA program in the state.

LC head coaches make around $7,000, definately not $20,000

As for the building fund:

A new stadium/vocational technical combo facility was proposed by the former athletic director. It was a brilliant idea that could have used all the wasted space under the stadium. It also would not have forced them to create a new parking lot (moving the band) and could have saved campus space for future growth.

The powers that be decided against the idea and chose to build the vocational center of the century. Man it is really something. Unlimited technology, unbelievable architecture, and it is completely decked out with the finest equipment money can buy. I guess it makes sense though. After all the superintendent used to be a wood shop and graphic arts teacher.

These are just observations intended to provide you posters with information about a situatation that you are so pationate about. I am not bitter, I just want all of you to know what kind of garbage LC coaches have to deal with.

Middle School football is a huge advantage. Maryville Middle School runs the same offense the High School team does. That is 5-6 years in that offense.

Like I said one middle school is thinking about it I have been told, although it is a county school and that gets touchy sometimes and I'm not sure if the city school would (or could) do it. In any event maybe the next coaching staff can mend some fences with the LCYFO people, there seems to be a HUGE rift there, and, like it or not, for now that is where the high school players are coming from for the most part so it would make sense to at least get along.

Coach how does that $7,000 dollars compare to say Loudon, South Doyle, Clinton? I know Maryville will be way high because of sucess, but Loudon is the same county and the other two are toward the bottom of the standings in our district. Is this figure set by the school board and does it vary by coach (football, basketball, baseball?) I'm not trying to get to personal it just helps to know what the problem is.