Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

Coachinhoops,

What I challenge is your perspective. I understand politics with athletics, but you claim corruption. Big difference. As coaches we find it too easy to blame everybody else on our failure. Stop whining and realize that as the coach, you are responsible for your program. There is no job that doesn’t come with baggage. If you are up to the challenge, then take the job, if not, move on. Great coaches love great challenges.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A- We have a new AD since you left, so we'll have to see on this one

B-Discipline was one of the issues, or rather unequal or no disipline for "star" players

C-The practice field being beside the bands seems to cause some problems, maybe a new coach and the band director can work something out. Seems the current band director doesn't take to being told "this is the way its going to be because I'm the football coach". They do share the weight room with baseball, basketball etc, but I would guess most schools do.

D- I really don't know about the pay for coaches or how much less it is, but most parents don't have anything to base this on, I even heard one who thought the coaches got an extra 20k a year to coach ( I know thats really inflated). Don't expect a first time head coach with a losing record to get paid what some of the established coaches are getting paid. Let out some comparison numbers and we will try and put pressure on the school board.

E-I believe the assistant coaches were pretty loyal to coach White. Did this happen to you?

F-This is a problem we are trying to address, but the answer seemed to be, "we only have so much building money and we are a school that is having problems with overcrowding." Maybe we will have more success in the future.

G- That is a problem that goes on everywhere that I have ever talked to parents or fans about high school sports. I have heard people complain about Oak Ridge, Farragut, and even Maryville. Might even happen at your new program one day. Wish we could stop it, but I don't really know how.

H- The middle schools (mainly North Middle) are really discussing a real middle school program so that might help, although the cost would be the largest of any sport, so that is frowned upon by some. I do know some of the players that are on the field now never played before high school, some were to small and didn't really grow till now, some were uninterested. A coach must be able to try and teach new players no matter how much experience they have or where they got it. Maryville Middle Schools schedule looks like this: William Blount twice-Sevier County-Carpenters-Clinton-Heritage-Alcoa-Seymour, somehow with this schedule they figure out how to beat Powell, Central, South-Doyle, West, Halls and others, then good schools from West or middle TN every year in the playoffs, so I'm still not 100% sold on this idea.

Well I can see what one of your problems is .If you don`t think that it is important for kids to play middle school football then L.C. will never have a winning program. If a highschool coach at L.C. has to start teaching kids how to play from scratch then that program is at a minimum 2 years behind with it`s` players and thier fundamentals . While 90% of the highschool coaches are either tuning their players to their system L.C. coaches are teaching those players the whole numbers or how to line up in basic formations. Most kids that play in the blount county system have played since they were 7 years old and play through highschool if a kid comes into middle school and has not played in the pee wee leagues then he is behind and the coaches do not have a lot of time to bring that kid up to speed they concentrate on who can play. So that kid better have a dad that can help him out because pay to play ends when middleschool starts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I can see what one of your problems is .If you don`t think that it is important for kids to play middle school football then L.C. will never have a winning program. If a highschool coach at L.C. has to start teaching kids how to play from scratch then that program is at a minimum 2 years behind with it`s` players and thier fundamentals . While 90% of the highschool coaches are either tuning their players to their system L.C. coaches are teaching those players the whole numbers or how to line up in basic formations. Most kids that play in the blount county system have played since they were 7 years old and play through highschool if a kid comes into middle school and has not played in the pee wee leagues then he is behind and the coaches do not have a lot of time to bring that kid up to speed they concentrate on who can play. So that kid better have a dad that can help him out because pay to play ends when middleschool starts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nobody said it wasn't inportant, I don't believe it is THE fix we need at this point though. Just because there is no middle school teams doesn't mean our players don't know how to line up in basic formations. If you go through our region I believe Maryville and Clinton are the only schools with middle school teams and Clinton is generally toward the bottom of our district.

Just because there is no middle school teams doesn't mean our players don't know how to line up in basic formations. If you go through our region I believe Maryville and Clinton are the only schools with middle school teams.

I was not insulting your players . I was and still am telling you that if a kid does not play football until high school he will be significantly behind those that have been playing .I don`t know how many schools in the region have middle school all I am saying is that 90 percent of the coaches that have a middle school program have a definite advantage over ones that do not have and if that program is running the same offense and defense then when that kid gets to high school he knows the system. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nobody said it wasn't inportant, I don't believe it is THE fix we need at this point though. Just because there is no middle school teams doesn't mean our players don't know how to line up in basic formations. If you go through our region I believe Maryville and Clinton are the only schools with middle school teams and Clinton is generally toward the bottom of our district.

True, but the Knoxville youth league teams are basically alligned with the high schools and each have a lot of involvement with the high school program.

True, but the Knoxville youth league teams are basically alligned with the high schools and each have a lot of involvement with the high school program.

Knoxville has a very good youth program and does a good job with these kids we had to play some and they were very good. If there is no middle school program where do the kids go after youth league ? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Knoxville has a very good youth program and does a good job with these kids we had to play some and they were very good. If there is no middle school program where do the kids go after youth league ? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They play through the 8th grade just like in Knoxville, I said earlier that maybe the new staff would mend fences with youth league people because that is where it starts since we have no middle school program. I wish we would change from the teams we play and try to get into the Knoxville league, I think that would help some, maybe that has been tried I don't know.

They play through the 8th grade just like in Knoxville, I said earlier that maybe the new staff would mend fences with youth league people because that is where it starts since we have no middle school program. I wish we would change from the teams we play and try to get into the Knoxville league, I think that would help some, maybe that has been tried I don't know.

If that is the way it works at L.C. you would be right and better in the long run to mend fences with the youth league because that is where it starts .At Maryville the kids start at 7 years old with the Little Rebs then it splits into 2 different teams the Maryville Southerners or the Maryville Cubs the age is 9 and 10 after they go to the Rebs or the Bears which is 11 and 12. Now some of the kids skip the 12 year season and go to the middle school but they are standing on the sidelines so the coaches prefer they stay with the 12 year old youth team and get more experience but all the way the same system is used that the high school uses ,And is the same way with the county teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

THe LCYFO teams are very successful, the 7th-8th grade team this year is undefeated and has only been scored on twice I think. However, as was posted earlier, this is against much lesser talented teams. When these kids get to the high school and have to play Central, Powell, West, Halls and Maryville, it sure changes things. I agree with lcfootball that the high school coach needs to mend some fences with the youth program. THat is the feeder program for the most part.

I agree with this line of thinking. A great way to help your feeder program is to help train the little league coaches. We would invite our little league coaches to clinics with us and would run a little league camp in the summer to help jump start their programs. They could join us on the sidelines or in the box if they wanted. We tried our best to make them part of our family and it paid great dividends. Later we involved the booster club and had them pay for sending the coaches to clinics or camps during the summer. If LC can get a middle school program, great, if not, then make the little league the best in the region.

If that is the way it works at L.C. you would be right and better in the long run to mend fences with the youth league because that is where it starts .At Maryville the kids start at 7 years old with the Little Rebs then it splits into 2 different teams the Maryville Southerners or the Maryville Cubs the age is 9 and 10 after they go to the Rebs or the Bears which is 11 and 12. Now some of the kids skip the 12 year season and go to the middle school but they are standing on the sidelines so the coaches prefer they stay with the 12 year old youth team and get more experience but all the way the same system is used that the high school uses ,And is the same way with the county teams /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey cobra,

How would someone halfway interested get info into how to get into the coaching ranks for the Maryville teams?