Brentwood Academy vs Ensworth

WarriorFan

No disrespect to Ensworth b/c they have done a fantastic job this year, but they have no chance against BA. It will NOT be a close game. They will be dominated physically up front.

You could be right--- but, for whatever its worth, your post is almost an exact quote of a post by a Christian Brothers fan last week--- before EHS hung 328 yards rushing on them. In my experience, its usually better to wait until after the game the talk big. All that said, BA is clearly the favorite, probably by at least a couple of touchdowns. I hope its a good game.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to Ensworth b/c they have done a fantastic job this year, but they have no chance against BA. It will NOT be a close game. They will be dominated physically up front.

Can you go more in depth as to why it will not be a close game and why they will be dominated physically? Your thought process should make for good analysis.

You could be right--- but, for whatever its worth, your post is almost an exact quote of a post by a Christian Brothers fan last week--- before EHS hung 328 yards rushing on them. In my experience, its usually better to wait until after the game the talk big. All that said, BA is clearly the favorite, probably by at least a couple of touchdowns. I hope its a good game.

I think that it is an exercise in futility to brandish the results against CBHS as a warning to BA. Win or lose against BA, there is no way anyhow you "hang" 300 yards rushing on BA. Your results against MBA, if you did not have Jefferson, IMO would be a closer indicator.

Offense does not come so easy for us, either. So, I predict a close game. The "Bowers Factor" will loom heavy. I will go with BA by 7.

Has anybody else noticed that 3 of the 4 teams left in this race are from the old Harpeth Valley Athletic Conference? Does this honorable conference still exist?

That is exactly right. Good pick up. The HVAC has been alive and flourishing until this year. The increasing number of Williamson County Middle Schools have forced many of the teams to join the county league. Most did not want to leave, but were given no choice. The HVAC is down to 6 or 7 now.

I'll predict a BA victory

26-20

Chris Jordan and Josh Tate vs Tavarres Jefferson and Orleans Opoku-Darkwa is going to be sick (assuming Jefferson is healthy)

Jefferson wont be healthy, he messed up his shoulder really badly. He's out for football and basketball season, sorry EHS. BA vs MBA for the state championship ANOTHER INSTANT CLASSIC

That is exactly right. Good pick up. The HVAC has been alive and flourishing until this year. The increasing number of Williamson County Middle Schools have forced many of the teams to join the county league. Most did not want to leave, but were given no choice. The HVAC is down to 6 or 7 now.

I think it fluctuates from year to year. When I was an 8th grader (a long time ago, as someone on a previous thread has pointed out), it was MBA, BA, BGA, FRA, Ensworth and Northside; NCS had dropped out of the football competition, and Ezell-Harding had joined too late to get scheduled into the league.

I think it fluctuates from year to year. When I was an 8th grader (a long time ago, as someone on a previous thread has pointed out), it was MBA, BA, BGA, FRA, Ensworth and Northside; NCS had dropped out of the football competition, and Ezell-Harding had joined too late to get scheduled into the league.

MBA, BGA, BA, Brentwood Middle (formerly Northside), Ensworth, CPA, Woodland, Harding Academy, University School, Donelson Christian, Grassland, FRA and Page (all depending on season). This was the line-up over the past several years.

The "Bowers Factor" will loom heavy. I will go with BA by 7.

It will be interesting to see if "the Bowers factor" will be as important in this game as it was at times in the previous MBA-BA series. New Eagles coach and new Eagles players, not to mention that the Bowers factor usually (but not always, I will admit) seemed to work better when he had superior talent!

I'm picking BA 23-10.