Will Farragut have to forfeit games?

jethro

Due to unfortunate incidents there were several football players who left Grace Christian Academy (located in the Karns area of Knox County) after the last school year. My son was one of those, so I have some insight.

In an attempt to clear up some of the questions on this thread here are a couple of things that I know for certain. First, the student in question did not play in 10 varsity games last season, he played in 11. Grace, a Region 1 single A team played in one playoff game last year. He also participated, at Grace, in another varsity sport (for a short time) and in spring Football practice in May.

Second, there was another student who left Grace at the same time, who transferred to another school in Knox County (Karns). He was deemed ineligible by the TSSAA, even after an appeal, and his family moved residences within the county. It is my understanding that all of Knox County is considered Grace???s territory in addition to anything outside of the county with in 20 miles of the school.

I certainly hope for the other players on the team that he was granted a hardship. Section 24 of the TSSAA Handbook gives the Executive Director ???authority to set aside the effect of any eligibility rule upon an individual student when??? they meet certain criteria and I hope that is the case.

However, I don???t think it will be an issue after this week.

Roll Tribe

I think that this is a very interesting thread. /jdub1o1 has put a new light into this thread. I have a question for jdub1o1. Was your son the player who transfered to Karns and was declared ineligible. If he was then could you tell us why Ronnie Carter ruled him ineligible and not the player for Farragut ineligible.TSSAA will not give any more information other than a player is ruled eligible or ineligible. NO details. That is why there is so much suspision surrounding this player from Farragut. It seems unfair for one player to be declaired eligible and another player to be ruled ineligible, especially both coming from the same school. If some posters want this to go away then why does not someone tell all.This question of eligibility will not go away unless TSSAA tells the details to satisify everyone, or maybe Farragut high school could could give all the details, but I doubt that. If your son was not the player denied eligibility then I hope he got to play football some where else. Do you know the parents of the player who was ruled ineligible, maybe they could enlighten everyone about this situiation. With the TSSAA ruling of granting a Hunters Lane player an extra semester to play football, actually five years of high school football and TSSAA ruling Bolton having to forfiet all wins because of a player using a false address to gain eligibility, questions are going to be asked. Questions will continue to be asked until people are satisfied with the information given by the people that know the truth, or if the truth is not presented by the parties involved then some posters will continue to make up rumors or speculate how all of this came to be. If FARRAGUTFOOTBALL51 wants everyone to shutup then maybe if he knows the truth and told the details of the situiation then everyone might shutup.uote]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut high school is 15 miles driving distance from Grace... look it up on mapquest... I did.. I think it was 15.25miles to be exact.. How could he have moved well over 20miles away? I think Farragut is 4 miles by 4 miles... therefore it is basically impossible for him to have moved 20 miles away and still be in Farragut.

You know how the zones are messed up b.c you went to Farragut... some places you don't actually have to live in teh city limits to go to Farragut...

If anyone thinks that DB's coach actually cares or would turn a kid in; you are mistaken. Some bull crap poster puts some slop on here about that? Plain silly. THink about it, if a coach wanted to make an issue of an opposing player; it would be made BEFORE the game. So rule that bull out. Clark don't give a crap about that, he is planning a way to slow Sterling and that is it.

If anyone thinks that DB's coach actually cares or would turn a kid in; you are mistaken. Some bull crap poster puts some slop on here about that? Plain silly. THink about it, if a coach wanted to make an issue of an opposing player; it would be made BEFORE the game. So rule that bull out. Clark don't give a crap about that, he is planning a way to slow Sterling and that is it.

Apparently you have never dealt with the TSSAA. The are very slow to act. That is why it takes so long to get a ruling on eligibility.People that know how to get this done are acting in secret.

I think that this is a very interesting thread. /jdub1o1 has put a new light into this thread. I have a question for jdub1o1. Was your son the player who transfered to Karns and was declared ineligible. If he was then could you tell us why Ronnie Carter ruled him ineligible and not the player for Farragut ineligible.TSSAA will not give any more information other than a player is ruled eligible or ineligible. NO details. That is why there is so much suspision surrounding this player from Farragut. It seems unfair for one player to be declaired eligible and another player to be ruled ineligible, especially both coming from the same school. If some posters want this to go away then why does not someone tell all.This question of eligibility will not go away unless TSSAA tells the details to satisify everyone, or maybe Farragut high school could could give all the details, but I doubt that. If your son was not the player denied eligibility then I hope he got to play football some where else. Do you know the parents of the player who was ruled ineligible, maybe they could enlighten everyone about this situiation. With the TSSAA ruling of granting a Hunters Lane player an extra semester to play football, actually five years of high school football and TSSAA ruling Bolton having to forfiet all wins because of a player using a false address to gain eligibility, questions are going to be asked. Questions will continue to be asked until people are satisfied with the information given by the people that know the truth, or if the truth is not presented by the parties involved then some posters will continue to make up rumors or speculate how all of this came to be. If FARRAGUTFOOTBALL51 wants everyone to shutup then maybe if he knows the truth and told the details of the situiation then everyone might shutup.uote]

I am the parent of the athlete ruled ineligible. I was a coach at Grace and it was through the stipends that I was able to send him there. With the change in athletic deptartment and football coaching staff, I was not asked back. Without this supplement it was completly impossible for our family to send our son back to Grace. Actually I am back in school to have my teaching certification changed from a temporary special cert to a permenant state certification.

Our initial hardship was denied. The reason given that I should made arrangemt financially to keep my son at Grace if I wanted to keep my son eligible. Second appeal to Mr. Ronnie Carter was also denied. Went before the Board of Control Monday in Nashville to have our case "de novo" or "heard anew" before a different group (I was somewhat suprised to see the major role that Mr. Carter played at the hearing, I thought we were to bring the case before an unbiased group to be heard "anew") that appeal wad also denied.

My family is in total shock over this situation. We meet all criterea for the hardship (section 24). From what I can see at this point (and we are planning on getting a more definative answer through whatever means nessecary) the opinion of one man on how my family is to arrange our finances and our individual futures dictates the high school athletic career of our son.

Our son stuck through the entire football season as a scout team palyer (he did start with the JV). As we enter into wrestling season in shich he was to be a part of the core is now relegated again to practicing for next year. This is hard for a 15 year old athlete who would have contributed on Friday nights (per the coaching staff) and challenged for a birth into the state wrestling tournament. This frustration is compounded by seeing others apparently finding no problem transferring from place to place (I know the player in question at Farragut was not at Grace his freshman year unsure if he played his freshaman year) with no consequences.

We did things the rigth way (completly honest and above board). My question is how can one man have so much control without checks and balances? Perhaps we will get answers, I know we are going to try.

I do hope for the other young men and their families at Farragut that what ever this about does not effect them at this point.

good luck to both teams!

I am the parent of the athlete ruled ineligible. I was a coach at Grace and it was through the stipends that I was able to send him there. With the change in athletic deptartment and football coaching staff, I was not asked back. Without this supplement it was completly impossible for our family to send our son back to Grace. Actually I am back in school to have my teaching certification changed from a temporary special cert to a permenant state certification.

Our initial hardship was denied. The reason given that I should made arrangemt financially to keep my son at Grace if I wanted to keep my son eligible. Second appeal to Mr. Ronnie Carter was also denied. Went before the Board of Control Monday in Nashville to have our case "de novo" or "heard anew" before a different group (I was somewhat suprised to see the major role that Mr. Carter played at the hearing, I thought we were to bring the case before an unbiased group to be heard "anew") that appeal wad also denied.

My family is in total shock over this situation. We meet all criterea for the hardship (section 24). From what I can see at this point (and we are planning on getting a more definative answer through whatever means nessecary) the opinion of one man on how my family is to arrange our finances and our individual futures dictates the high school athletic career of our son.

Our son stuck through the entire football season as a scout team palyer (he did start with the JV). As we enter into wrestling season in shich he was to be a part of the core is now relegated again to practicing for next year. This is hard for a 15 year old athlete who would have contributed on Friday nights (per the coaching staff) and challenged for a birth into the state wrestling tournament. This frustration is compounded by seeing others apparently finding no problem transferring from place to place (I know the player in question at Farragut was not at Grace his freshman year unsure if he played his freshaman year) with no consequences.

We did things the rigth way (completly honest and above board). My question is how can one man have so much control without checks and balances? Perhaps we will get answers, I know we are going to try.

I do hope for the other young men and their families at Farragut that what ever this about does not effect them at this point.

good luck to both teams!

I read your post while shaking my head and gritting my teeth. I have a respect and admiration for coaching staffs since long long ago I filled those ranks myself. I admire you for getting your credentials in line. I also grieve with you and your son for the unjust treatment. Take heart in the fact that you have taught your son a valuable life-long lesson albeit a difficult one to understand at 15. Many times when we stand for what is right and do things the right way, we "seem" to come out on the short end of the stick. My belief after all these years is that your son is and will continue to be a winner because his dad is. Two thumbs up for taking the high road, Sir.

THE PLAYER ESTABLISHED RESIDENCE WELL OVER 20 MILES AWAY FROM GRACE ( WHICH IS LOCATED IN KARNS). HE LIVES IN FARRAGUT, AND THERE ARE CIRCUMSTANCES NONE OF YOU NO ABOUT, SO QUIT TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING AND SHU T UP. THE LAWSUIT THING IS COMPLETE RUMOUR. I HOPE THE COACH FROM DB TURNS HIM IN.... SO THEN WHEN HE IS FOUND ELIGIBLE FOR A 2ND TIME THE GUY WILL LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT FOR CHALLENGING IT.

This thread was started by Jethro (not sure with what team his allegiance lies) and NOT by a DB fan. And if you will look at the replies by DB fans they have all taken the stance that this is a non matter with the coaches/team and there focus is totally on winning this game on the field and not with the TSSAA. You can bet on that #51! This thread has not been kept alive by DB fans but by Knoxville area posters who it sounds like DO know about some of the circumstances. It doesn't matter this way.

This thread was started by Jethro (not sure with what team his allegiance lies) and NOT by a DB fan. And if you will look at the replies by DB fans they have all taken the stance that this is a non matter with the coaches/team and there focus is totally on winning this game on the field and not with the TSSAA. You can bet on that #51! This thread has not been kept alive by DB fans but by Knoxville area posters who it sounds like DO know about some of the circumstances. It doesn't matter this way.

I started this thread because I kept hearing bits and pieces (look them up -- some kind person cut and pasted the tidbits imany message ago) about a potential ineligible player. This thread was strictly to discover if these are just one person's opinions or if there is some meat to the matter. Plus curiosity was killing me to find out more about the process.

I think the TSSAA ought to come completely clean on every eligibility ruling. I've stated before they should be part of the "sunshine law" where all of their decisions are out in the open. (Maybe they are, but I haven't found anything on their website). I don't like any government (or quasi-government organization, like TSSAA) entity being secretive and having one or two people who rule everything without oversight. Just go back about 3-5 posts and read the story of the "other" Grace player who failed to get eligibility. Isn't their inherent unfairness in that? Why no oversight?

Cockroaches flee from the light. The best thing TSSAA could do is be completely open and this sort of matter would not even make the conspiracy threads. But until TSSAA does this (again, assuming I haven't missed anything on the website), then I think this sort of crud gets perpetuated.

For the new viewers to the thread and those who never saw them to begin with...these are the comments that started the whole thing... From the Bearden/Ooltewah thread..

Hey, Adman you all better get your player straight. People know you are playing with an ineligible player. Coach Clark knows who he is and is going to turn him in after the game if D-B loses. You all better get your stuff together before the Tribe comes to town.

I will not divulge all the details, but to prove that I am telling the truth I will give you all a little bit of the story. Farragut has a player who transfered from a private school with out sitting out a year. He is a senior and played in every game for a private school last year. He transfered to Farragut this year without sitting out a year which is illegal according to TSSAA rules. Some people do know about this but they are saving up the info until after the D-B game. I think it has something to do with false info given to the TSSAA by the player so it would make him eligible.

I started this thread because I kept hearing bits and pieces (look them up -- some kind person cut and pasted the tidbits imany message ago) about a potential ineligible player. This thread was strictly to discover if these are just one person's opinions or if there is some meat to the matter. Plus curiosity was killing me to find out more about the process.

I think the TSSAA ought to come completely clean on every eligibility ruling. I've stated before they should be part of the "sunshine law" where all of their decisions are out in the open. (Maybe they are, but I haven't found anything on their website). I don't like any government (or quasi-government organization, like TSSAA) entity being secretive and having one or two people who rule everything without oversight. Just go back about 3-5 posts and read the story of the "other" Grace player who failed to get eligibility. Isn't their inherent unfairness in that? Why no oversight?

Cockroaches flee from the light. The best thing TSSAA could do is be completely open and this sort of matter would not even make the conspiracy threads. But until TSSAA does this (again, assuming I haven't missed anything on the website), then I think this sort of crud gets perpetuated.

Jethro

I wasn't calling you out just merely pointing out to some over zealous Farragut fan that all the talk was rumor and not initiated by a DB fan.