Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, PTS started the great thread we had last year, so I was trying to wait for him to get things rolling, but I guess he is all tied up trying to find a football coach for the Fighting Cocks.....

Someone else had started a District 2-AAA thread, but no one got on there. I say this is the official 2007-2008 IMAC thread, and lets get it moving along.

I want to publicly commend Brian Trent and the CT for holding on the Coach Potts story until Tuesday so that the article in the Standard Banner, and the CT's report broke on the same day. I am certain that the CT had enough info to put something in Monday's paper but they didn't. Classy move by Brian. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My thumbnails:

Cherokee has a lot of experience, and can add a 6-0 freshmen post to the mix this year. Price is a gamer, and her fellow seniors are going to make it tough on a lot of teams this year. I would think bench strength is going to be an issue for Cherokee.

Cocke County has "the sophmores" (man, how I am going to miss all the PTS bashing everyone gave him last year about "the freshmen"), Suggs and Lewis. I think they are going to miss the post player that graduated more than most think. She gave them a big presence last year, and allowed Depew(sp?) to roam a lot. Depew may have to stay home in the paint more this year. Buda runs the point, and the court very well. Her decision process will be the key to how Cocke County fares. And I would take Suggs on my team any day. I love her intensity, and how she gets everything out of every minute she is on the court.

GreenEVILle returns Dickson, McIntyre and Collins from the 6 girl rotation that they took to state last year. How well Ramsey does at the point will be key for Greeneville. Collins is a dramatic difference from Deans' style form last year, so I think greeneville is going to be interesting to watch early. Dickson has to be healthy (I understand she is nursing a rib cage pull right now) and out of foul trouble, or Greeneville becomes a member of the pack. They still play better defense than anyone in the league.

Morristown West graduated like 9 seniors. Other than Mayes and Goins outside, I am not sure what they have coming back.

Morristown East - he played 15 a lot of the time last year. How many seniors did they lose 3,4, 5? Who runs the point for them I think is the key. TrotterCoach, what's going on there?

Jefferson County - lost one senior off a team that went 4-0, and then 0-6, then win the opening round game of districts to get to regionals. Get a new coach three days before tryouts. I am not sure what team shows up. Actually have 4 seniors on the team, as Tish Mattison returns after missing her JR year. 3 returning juniors, so this is the most experienced group of Lady Patriots since Huff , Rickard and Lyke were seniors. Add to that three very athletic freshmen, and the bench is deep at Jefferson County. But all of that experience and depth has to offset a lack of height and learning a new coach. Early could be rough for Jefferson County, but they could be a tough team once 2008 gets here.

I think it is going to be another fun year!

Tied up indeed, Ray. Not with finding a coach - thankfully - That would be a tough sell..

Not to mention, I thought someone else already started the thread.

Anyways - just a few thoughts on the overall conference look.

Greeneville is probably a top again. I think they take a small step back, while the rest of the teams take a small step forward. Every team has its strengths, but each team also has glaring weaknesses - or question marks.

I think Greeneville has question marks, while the rest of the league has either a significant lack of experience or a lack of depth at key positions.

So (for fun) Greeneville finishes 8-2 and a five-way tie for second at 6-4.

My thumbnails:

Cherokee has a lot of experience, and can add a 6-0 freshmen post to the mix this year. Price is a gamer, and her fellow seniors are going to make it tough on a lot of teams this year. I would think bench strength is going to be an issue for Cherokee.

Cocke County has "the sophmores" (man, how I am going to miss all the PTS bashing everyone gave him last year about "the freshmen"), Suggs and Lewis. I think they are going to miss the post player that graduated more than most think. She gave them a big presence last year, and allowed Depew(sp?) to roam a lot. Depew may have to stay home in the paint more this year. Buda runs the point, and the court very well. Her decision process will be the key to how Cocke County fares. And I would take Suggs on my team any day. I love her intensity, and how she gets everything out of every minute she is on the court.

GreenEVILle returns Dixon, McIntyre and Collins from the 6 girl rotation that they took to state last year. How well Ramsey does at the point will be key for Greeneville. Collins is a dramatic difference from Deans' style form last year, so I think greeneville is going to be interesting to watch early. Dixon has to be healthy (I understand she is nursing a rib cage pull right now) and out of foul trouble, or Greeneville becomes a member of the pack. They still play better defense than anyone in the league.

Morristown West graduated like 9 seniors. Other than Mayes and Goins outside, I am not sure what they have coming back.

Morristown East - he played 15 a lot of the time last year. How many seniors did they lose 3,4, 5? Who runs the point for them I think is the key. TrotterCoach, what's going on there?

Jefferson County - lost one senior off a team that went 4-0, and then 0-6, then win the opening round game of districts to get to regionals. Get a new coach three days before tryouts. I am not sure what team shows up. Actually have 4 seniors on the team, as Tish Mattison returns after missing her JR year. 3 returning juniors, so this is the most experienced group of Lady Patriots since Huff , Rickard and Lyke were seniors. Add to that three very athletic freshmen, and the bench is deep at Jefferson County. But all of that experience and depth has to offset a lack of height and learning a new coach. Early could be rough for Jefferson County, but they could be a tough team once 2008 gets here.

I think it is going to be another fun year!

Cherokee....I still can't get over there second half of the season turn around...I look for to Price rally troups and have some upsets....I'm not that familiar w/ them but the 6' fresh should help and how many seniors did they lose?

Cocke county I will ditto for the most part but they will have help from the post if they utilize Pruitt....tight end hands and when motivated one heck of a first step to the rim(and can finish).

Greeneville....I am interested in seeing who will step up and fill Deans shoes, cause without a player like her....makes doubling Dixon when needed more realistic.....also not sure how strong they will be at point.

West.....Athletic,athletic,athletic.....Goins looks good.....they have enough guards to supply the conference and

Hall can be a presence in the paint as a freshman and Smith has the potential to fill it up from the perimeter if left open and will.

East lost 6 seniors..........................

Jefferson......I could write a book.....depth,experience,athletes,shooters, no true post presence(could be their achelles heel)........

Coaching will not be an issue, Bo has the knowledge and familiarity of the team plus the intelligence to acquire an assistant coach who is one of the best if not the best I've seen.

I look forward to the conference this year....it SHOULD be very competitive and exciting

Lets see how much of this holds water after the first two weeks LOL

I want to publicly commend Brian Trent and the CT for holding on the Coach Potts story until Tuesday so that the article in the Standard Banner, and the CT's report broke on the same day. I am certain that the CT had enough info to put something in Monday's paper but they didn't. Classy move by Brian. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Raiderray and DZbettin must have an axe to grind this preseason /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you know Brian Trent and how he operates, you can't say that with a straight face

So (for fun) Greeneville finishes 8-2 and a five-way tie for second at 6-4.

Not a math major, but doesn't somebody have to be a loser? Let's see...6 teams, play everyone twice makes 30 total (2 x 5+4+3+2+1) district games. If GreenEville wins 8, that only leaves 22 wins for the other 5. Cocke & Jeff Co each at 6-4 takes 12 of these meaning Cherokee and the 2 Morristowns splitting 10. From what I saw in a scrimmage, Cherokee looked pretty good so they should go at least 5-5. Sounds like a long season in Morristown.

Raiderray and DZbettin must have an axe to grind this preseason /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you know Brian Trent and how he operates, you can't say that with a straight face

I love raiderray, no axe in my hand /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Jefferson County won over Halls last night 52-42

Nine players scored for the Lady Patriots, led by Haley Nelson with 13.

Freshman Lacy Miller gave the team a spark with eight third-quarter points, including a pair of threes after Halls had pulled within one. She finished with nine points.

Lyke - 6

Potts - 2 and eight first-half rebounds

Elliott - 3

Huff - 6

Kyle 7

Brooks 4

Batey 2

Jefferson County led 18-7 after the first quarter and 24-21 at halftime.

King, you are like a split personality. You just never know which one is going to sign on that day.

I had no axe to grind. Not sure what casued the comment. IMO, CT could have run a story on Monday. I am sure they had enough info to put something out. By waiting until Tuesday, they were certain not to break the story before the Standard Banner was able to.

But you are right, it is strange to say something nice about the CT. Although they did post a pic of my daughter and teammmates from Media day, rather than a Morristown team.

Now we have heard from all of last year's key players except for Barb. She has been on other BB posts this fall, so I know she is not ignoring BB.

Maybe I just have to say Green Devilettes? I may have gone to far......... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />