Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

I couldn't understand the first half Coaching tonight myself for Jeff Co. It doesn't matter which five you play but I thought the constant subbing got the girls out of rhythm. With 2 points in the first quarter and a total of 8 at the half. I just didn't understand it myself. When we finally left 5 out there they made a run and got back to 2 points down only to watch the Lady Chiefs pull back away with good free throw shooting. Kudos to them. Those Lady Patriots never gave up however and I'm proud of them for that. My opinion which doesn't matter but it is an opinion. Is to let 5 play till they are ran down or playing poorly. Subbing less than a 2 minutes into a game just didn't give the girls time to get their feet wet and then subbing for the ones that just came in. Kinda makes you wonder. I don't think the game Tuesday had much to do with it unless it affected Nelson but I'd say her not being on the court hurt as much as anything. I think she's out of control sometimes but when she plays within herself I know of few better in this conference. Well it's just an opinion and we know what they're like. I'd just like to hear what everyone else thought. I could be wrong in my assumption. Good luck tomorrow Lady Patriots.

If you actually payed attention to the game, you would have seen that some of those starters needed subbing in the first two minutes. Not to name any names, but there was one player sucking wind behind the play early. Hopefully Lewis will put a intense conditioning plan into place next year.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. if you watched that game last night you would have seen how winded some of those girls looked only 2 minutes deep in the game. I don't necessarily like the idea of jeff co and their coaches playing 10 players either but look what they have. the upperclassmen can't get up and down the floor without being wore out and they have inexperienced freshman on the bench. so they almost have to substitute a lot. i am afraid this year is going to be rough for them a lot of the time. what do you all think? probably won't get to make the game to night but Go Lady Patriots!

If you actually read the post it said. It didn't matter who was on the court just to go with 5 and let them get a rhythm , and I actually did pay attention. Because they all played in the first half and if you looked at the scoreboard there was a total of 8 points scored. So I'd say no one played any better than anyone else. Now you look at the 3rd quarter when they started their comeback he left five players in for a while and it wasn't the starters. They all have their ups and downs and I personally don't see a lot of difference from the starters and the reserves, but I do know as he was running players in and out every few minutes and no one was playing that good. Case and point 8 points in a half. I just made a observation. Sorry if I hit a nerve and your kid didn't get to play unless someone came out. It was an opinion. I have one coming up and I want nothing but the best for these Ladies. As for being in shape there is several out of shape compared to other teams. In the West game in a very hot gym I thought they all got winded and West had less players and beat us down the court almost every possession.

Didn't see many players today sucking wind today and they ALL played quite a bit today without the two minute subbing. Plus they got the real goal the WIN!!!! I hope we all watched the game and actually payed attention. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Didn't see many players today sucking wind today and they ALL played quite a bit today without the two minute subbing. Plus they got the real goal the WIN!!!! I hope we all watched the game and actually payed attention. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Glad coach Lewis got on here last night and adjusted his game plan according to your critique

GHS had a good tournament winning three games and the championship against Archbishop Carroll in the Frank "Doc" Maples Holiday Hoops Invitational.

All Tourney

Rachel Collins GHS

Devan McIntyre GHS

Nicole Dickenson MVP

Crumbley used an interesting strategy in the championship game. Archbishop scored an easy coast-to-coast layup to start the third quarter and she pulled her starters for a majority of the period.

Got the attention of those players, I'm sure..

If you actually payed attention to the game, you would have seen that some of those starters needed subbing in the first two minutes. Not to name any names, but there was one player sucking wind behind the play early. Hopefully Lewis will put a intense conditioning plan into place next year.

Yeah, well what I saw was Jeff running up the court, clanging a shot off the rim or turning it over and then running back up court to watch Cherokee blow a shot and the thing kept repeating itself. Man, the first quarter was 8-2, lots of bad shots. I agree the girls could be in better shape, but u know, if u runs down the court and make a shot, you got time to rest on the way back up court while the other team is throwing it in. Make a few shots, or take good shots, thats alls that is needed to have less ugly quarters.

I hear that Saturdays game was better. Hope it keeps gettin better.