Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Jeff County's case. Size does matter. In that they don't have any. I think Greeneville could have scored at will (not that they didn't) if they had went inside all night. Dickson and Collins sure made it easy for the guards to get uncontested shots off. They also made those shots. The Lady Devils are going to be hard to handle inside and out and they play great defense. With no inside game to match other teams. It's going to be very hard for Jeff County to stay with teams with size. Gotta give the Lady Patriots credit however. They don't give up. They're just going to have to stay under control and take good shots and take care of the ball.

In Jeff County's case. Size does matter. In that they don't have any. I think Greeneville could have scored at will (not that they didn't) if they had went inside all night. Dickson and Collins sure made it easy for the guards to get uncontested shots off. They also made those shots. The Lady Devils are going to be hard to handle inside and out and they play great defense. With no inside game to match other teams. It's going to be very hard for Jeff County to stay with teams with size. Gotta give the Lady Patriots credit however. They don't give up. They're just going to have to stay under control and take good shots and take care of the ball.

I think that maybe taking quality shots and not just throwing something up at the basket is another key essential to Jeff Co. getting wins. There have been so many times that Jeff Co. has gone through a play and there isn't a quality shot so they get a lil trigger happy and throw up a shot and it tends not to go in. sometimes i see some selfish play out of some of the girls and see the same ones taking plays off on defense. This team does not have the talent to take any plays off. If you want a play off then ask Coach Lewis for a sub. When you only score 8 points in a half, then it's pretty obvious that you are gonna need to play defense as much as possible.

I understand that they blew a 14 point half time lead tonight to Fulton. So inconsistant play continues to plague this bunch. I'm starting to think that there could be another losing season in Dumplin Valley. the 2nd in the last 3 years and the 2nd in the last 18 years. Hopefully these girls can get it together. Play hard and smart.

Don't understand the problem. Saw them play this summer at the Shelbyville team camp. Several girls played, as many as 10 rotated in and out, most of the time 5 at a time with play makers and role players mixed. Seems like all the role players are playing at the same time. Hopefully coach can find the right combo before it does turn into a losing season.

I think that maybe taking quality shots and not just throwing something up at the basket is another key essential to Jeff Co. getting wins. There have been so many times that Jeff Co. has gone through a play and there isn't a quality shot so they get a lil trigger happy and throw up a shot and it tends not to go in. sometimes i see some selfish play out of some of the girls and see the same ones taking plays off on defense. This team does not have the talent to take any plays off. If you want a play off then ask Coach Lewis for a sub. When you only score 8 points in a half, then it's pretty obvious that you are gonna need to play defense as much as possible.

I understand that they blew a 14 point half time lead tonight to Fulton. So inconsistant play continues to plague this bunch. I'm starting to think that there could be another losing season in Dumplin Valley. the 2nd in the last 3 years and the 2nd in the last 18 years. Hopefully these girls can get it together. Play hard and smart.

to respond to Eyes From Above, this group of seniors are working on 3 losing seasons in a row. unfortunately the lady pats had their second losing season in a row last year. it may not get much better this season due to the schedule in front of them. they play sevier co tonight who has only lost one game. briarcrest in the first round of that christmas tournament

wasn't able to make the game tonight but i did talk to someone that went and the girls did have a 14 point lead at the half. to my understanding the lack of rebounding in the second half was a big problem. these girls don't seem to play well together most of the time. there are 3 or 4 "me" players on this group.

the only consistent scoring production they are getting is from nelson. none of the seniors have stepped it up yet.

endguard mentioned 5 in, 5 out--- what do you all think of that kind of rotation?

No one really matches up well with Greeneville. Dickson or Collins will go off as most teams have one post that can defend well, leaving the other of the duo on the plus side of a mismatch.

If Greeneville's guards can score, they should be unbeatable in this conference.

Another wacky season on store.

East is 3-1 and in second and has two wins by 3 points and getting two wins in the final minute.

Cocke County is 1-3 and tied for fifth by losing two games by a total of 3 points and losing those two games in the final minute in very tough instances.

Looks like the battle is on for 2nd, 3rd and 6th place to try and avoid Greeneville as long as possible in the tournament.

[/quote

No one really matches up well with Greeneville. Dickson or Collins will go off as most teams have one post that can defend well, leaving the other of the duo on the plus side of a mismatch.

If Greeneville's guards can score, they should be unbeatable in this conference.

Another wacky season on store.

East is 3-1 and in second and has two wins by 3 points and getting two wins in the final minute.

Cocke County is 1-3 and tied for fifth by losing two games by a total of 3 points and losing those two games in the final minute in very tough instances.

Looks like the battle is on for 2nd, 3rd and 6th place to try and avoid Greeneville as long as possible in the tournament.

[/quote

I was at both games and I was wondering if anybody found it as fascinating as I have at the calls on the Cocke County game and then the West game. That was an interesting walk that was called on Dephew in the last 3 seconds of the game to give East the ball back. It was an even more interesting call at the West game after the smack down that was given to Fanney. How that wasn't a foul is anybody's guess!! And then East ended up with the ball again in last few seconds of the game. Hmmm--is this the beginning of a pattern????

[/quote

I was at both games and I was wondering if anybody found it as fascinating as I have at the calls on the Cocke County game and then the West game. That was an interesting walk that was called on Dephew in the last 3 seconds of the game to give East the ball back. It was an even more interesting call at the West game after the smack down that was given to Fanney. How that wasn't a foul is anybody's guess!! And then East ended up with the ball again in last few seconds of the game. Hmmm--is this the beginning of a pattern????

pattern?...please explain.................

I can go through any game and pick out one bad call, no big deal

I can go through any game and pick out one bad call, no big deal

Both of these "bad calls" came at the very end (within 2 seconds) of the game and resulted in East winning. The radio announcer for the West game said that it was a controversial call and that it was a shame that the game was decided that way. Say what you want, when it stinks it stinks.

Both of these "bad calls" came at the very end (within 2 seconds) of the game and resulted in East winning. The radio announcer for the West game said that it was a controversial call and that it was a shame that the game was decided that way. Say what you want, when it stinks it stinks.

you are kidding when you say the radio announcer "for west " said....come on say it aint so....i have videos on both games?????????nothing stands out...so you are saying that east got home cooking at west? hmm I dont think so...and the cocke county game....video also...we could talk for days about questionable calls and no-calls that benefited cocke at east. but those that have watched the game realize that , thats part of it.why is it that east wins a couple of games and it has to be something other than thats what should have happened? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

you are kidding when you say the radio announcer "for west " said....come on say it aint so....i have videos on both games?????????nothing stands out...so you are saying that east got home cooking at west? hmm I dont think so...and the cocke county game....video also...we could talk for days about questionable calls and no-calls that benefited cocke at east. but those that have watched the game realize that , thats part of it.why is it that east wins a couple of games and it has to be something other than thats what should have happened? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />