Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw where east played sevier county a close one last night...anyone see the game?

also another nondistrict game last night between jefferson county and south doyle. not sure of the final but the lady patriots won by about 20. i was able to catch that game...saw where coach lewis benched his starters for a while. seemed to work, the girls off of the bench came in and performed better than the starters. the younger girls are starting to play better, whereas some of the upper classmen seem to be slipping (including a junior w/o mentioning any names), with the exception of potts, she seems to always play hard. any thoughts out there?

The Lady Red has one senior - Amanda Lowell. She is an honor student who has been a member of the basketball team for 4 years with this year being her first on the varsity team. Amanda is a good pure distance shooter and has earned time playing this year when the other team has played zone and she has had some success as being our zone buster. Amanda is also very gifted musically - she has been a member of the All-State Choir for 3 years and was the two year Field Commander for the Red Regiment Marching Band. (As opposed to our athletic programs which has a history of not being competive, our music program - both vocal and instrument - is well established for rural county schools.) The Theater Guilde of Newport and the CCHS Music Department are getting ready to perform "My Fair Lady" - it is multi-thousand dollar production. Amanda has the lead role. The last time I talked to her about her future was that she was planning on UT with a major in elementary education. She will do very well. She is not my daughter - but our community is very proud of her.

Congrats to Jeff for beating Sevier. We lost to Sevier early in the year. Friday night will be a huge game. We beat Pigeon Forge on the road last night - 30-28. It was not a slow down game - just very very ugly. It seems Jeff is on a roll - they do have great talent and it may be coming together. I saw East crush Cosby tonight - not close.

Finally, I don't post often - however, over the past two years, I do read this post often and I enjoy knowing a bit more about the teams that we play - that the girls that we play are more than just a number. With the exception of Greenville, we are all very balanced and the parity is great - so this thread is just a lot of fun. I have found that most of the posters are like me - a parent and a fan of basketball and of their school who want their girls to do their best. Please do not shut this post down because of personal attacks on one coach. Thank you.

30-28 and not a slow-down game? wow.

Cocke County and Pigeon Forge played a similar ugly game in mid-December and the Lady Red have since only dropped one game (to Greeneville) since.

Jefferson County and Sevier County played each other close in the first game, not surprising there.

East of course played them close last night.

30-28 and not a slow-down game? wow.

Cocke County and Pigeon Forge played a similar ugly game in mid-December and the Lady Red have since only dropped one game (to Greeneville) since.

Jefferson County and Sevier County played each other close in the first game, not surprising there.

East of course played them close last night.

PT, what does Fridays schedule look like and thoughts.

Thanks

PS good job Jeff! if your not playing Greeneville, I always pull IMAC

PT, what does Fridays schedule look like and thoughts.

Thanks

PS good job Jeff! if your not playing Greeneville, I always pull IMAC

Cocke County @ Jefferson County

Greeneville @ East

Cherokee @ West

There's no telling what to expect. History says to expect a three-way tie for second

Cocke County has won the last three against Jefferson County, all around 10 point margins. The other game in the last two years was a 28-point blowout by the Lady Patriots at their place.

Morristown East gave Greeneville their toughest test of the season to-date in the conference, prior to the West game. It's at Isenberg-Siler, too...and thats another tough place to play.

Cherokee and West? Who knows with the stall-ball tactics what can happen. Cherokee is struggling as well....getting blown out in Newport and barely getting by West Greene on Monday.

Good assessments. Win or lose Isenerg-Siler has never been kind to the Devils. Though I personally enjoy the view while I eat some excellent Hurricane popcorn.

Cherokee has excellent popcorn as well and Greeneville a distant 3rd. Oh heck this is the Imac. It's a 4 way tie for third. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If Huff and Kyle play most of the game Friday vs Cocke Co. Jeff County will win. Those two are athletic, they can defend and rebound. 4-6 and in GreenEVILle's bracket. Might be better to lose.After GHS the rest of the IMAC teams are not very good. seeds 2,3 and 6 all have a chance of playing in the District Championship game.

If Huff and Kyle play most of the game Friday vs Cocke Co. Jeff County will win. Those two are athletic, they can defend and rebound. 4-6 and in GreenEVILle's bracket. Might be better to lose.After GHS the rest of the IMAC teams are not very good. seeds 2,3 and 6 all have a chance of playing in the District Championship game.

So so so so true......

Just a little statistic for you...(which I'm sure most of you won't care since it was not a district game)...but, Cocke Co shot 20 free throws as compared to Pigeon Forge's 1. I'm not exactly sure what they were from the line because I wasn't there, but looks like they would have been able to pull away shooting that many free throws and PF only shooting one. (Which was on a and-one) Not even sure exactly how that happens, must have had Perkins and some of those guys calling!

Just a little statistic for you...(which I'm sure most of you won't care since it was not a district game)...but, Cocke Co shot 20 free throws as compared to Pigeon Forge's 1. I'm not exactly sure what they were from the line because I wasn't there, but looks like they would have been able to pull away shooting that many free throws and PF only shooting one. (Which was on a and-one) Not even sure exactly how that happens, must have had Perkins and some of those guys calling!

Aside from depew, Cocke county isn't a very good team @ the line.

The team is 58 percent and depew is around 75 percent.

The post players - including depew - have a 61.3 percentage there. Take out depew and they are 50 percent.

The guards are at 55.7.