Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

Does anyone have the addresses of the Knoxville refs that are coming to Greeneville for the regionals so i can mail them their payola /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Now, Barb,

You know good and well, it's not good practice to send cash in the mail and these guys don't take checks. You'll just have to take care of it over dinner or something.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, Barb,

You know good and well, it's not good practice to send cash in the mail and these guys don't take checks. You'll just have to take care of it over dinner or something.

Since I have seen some of the Knox county officials, I think I will steer clear of "something". But I can do dinner.

Since I have seen some of the Knox county officials, I think I will steer clear of "something". But I can do dinner.

speaking of officials, the tournament - both boys and girls - has been very well officiated.

Also, didnt see anyone mention this, but a nice gesture by the Greeneville staff to participate in the breast cancer awareness deal by wearing pink last Friday.

speaking of officials, the tournament - both boys and girls - has been very well officiated.

Also, didnt see anyone mention this, but a nice gesture by the Greeneville staff to participate in the breast cancer awareness deal by wearing pink last Friday.

yay for pink...would mind seeing Billy D wearing it for the finals /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Yes, they're a class act all the way...all of the girls also had pink shoe strings in their ball shoes as well.

yay for pink...would mind seeing Billy D wearing it for the finals /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The only pink Bill has is the inside of his steak and he does break down for shots. Thats about it for Bill and his pink.

Yes, they're a class act all the way...all of the girls also had pink shoe strings in their ball shoes as well.

[/qu

You are correct!

I wanted to add my congrats to the West girls for Friday's win. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the game b/c sometimes parents have to make difficult choices. We were with my oldest son who was swimming in his university's conference championships. His "butterfly" is still a beautiful stroke considering that it and his brains are providing for a very rigorous and expensive education.

The CCHS girls were very disappointed after Friday's game. They had pointed to this one game all year - knowing how hard is to win on the road in the regionals after last year at Boone in a game they thought they could win. It seems that we were simply outplayed. I don't think the girls overlooked West, even though they won both games this year. And it seems that we have a great star that we get to watch over the next 3 plus years.

We have had difficulty against strong guard play and guard oriented teams - Sevier, Fulton and GP who took us to overtime last week. While we have several strengths and can make plays to win ball games, we just have to many holes in our team game.

I am disappointed that we didn't handle the zone better. We simply allow other teams to dictate the game. We could not make West play our game.

They are also disappointed in that while this team is still young in age, we are not in experience. Suggs and Lloyd have around 70 games of varsity experience and Buda and Depew about 57 games.

I thought, and still do, that we could win a home regional game. I didn't think that we could go much further unless we just got hot. It will be very tough now to go on the road.

I don't know what to expect tonight. You hate to see a team win 12 of 13 and then go in the tank. But it will take some real leadership tonight to get a win.

I still expect both Greeneville and West to win Friday night. Our conference has to prove that it can play.

Good luck to everybody tonight.

tonights winners

Cherokee and Greeneville

and coaching will make a difference

Not sure of the results, but both games will be close.

The interesting thing about the consolation game, is the winner could play themselves into Greeneville's bracket, if the Lady Devils win tonight. Of course, the consolation winner would have to win on the road on Friday to find themselves in a semifinal with Greeneville.

Things would be even more interesting if TN High lost and Greeneville won, matching those teams up in the quarterfinals, eliminating one of the probable two strongest teams.

Tough to win on the road on Friday. Last year 22 games (out of 96) featured road winners. Boys regional games had 25 of 96 games with road winners.

Regional Tourney Schedule

Quarterfinals

Games @ Gym of Higher Seeds --- Friday, Feb 22 7 PM

G1 - D2 #1 vs D1 #4

G2 - D1 #2 vs D2 #3

G3 - D1 #1 vs D2 #4

G4 - D2 #2 vs D3 #3

Semifinals

Monday, Feb 25

@ Hal Henard Gym

G5 6 PM - Game 1 Winner vs Game 2 Winner

G6 - 7:30 PM - Game 3 Winner vs Game 4 Winner

(* Winners advance to sub-state round)

Finals

Wednesday, Feb 27

@ Hal Henard Gym

G7 - 7 PM - Game 5 Winner vs Game 6 Winner

(* Winner claims home court advantage in sub-state round)

This will be a moot point in 4 hours, but if District 1 finishes:

1. DB

2. SH

3 Tenn

4 Sull South

And district 2 finishes:

1: GreenEVILle

2. West

3: Cherokee

4: Cocke

I would argue that the team with the toughest opening game is West. I know Cherokee has not fared well against upper level District 1 teams, but Cocke County can match up with DB, and Greeneville should slam South.