Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cocke County turned the ball over 10 more times than Science Hill (mostly unforced turnovers in the margin of difference).

Cocke County led 15-10 at the end of one and 19-10 in the 2nd quarter. Science Hill outscored them 48-26 the rest of the way home.

Cocke County did pull to within 47-43 with 338 to play and had the ball, but shot an ill-advised three, and SH went on a 12-2 run to close the game.

SH scored 23 4th quarter points, one more than Cocke County scored the entire second half.

The beginning of SH's run in the first half came when they pounced on the press and used their speed. It looked like Cocke County was gassed at halftime.

Didn't get the 3 out of 4. Cherokee lost to Dobyns Bennett.

Sets up the semi-finals of Greeneville vs. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill vs. Morristown West.

My hats off to the Lady Chiefs for a great year! Seems that some of you Greeneville fans may not understand our situation... We have a goal of making it to the Region and possibly the second round where you all get talent year in and out and look to host a sub-state... You all need to be thankful of your feeder schools and not take things for granted. The Lady Chiefs played D-B one time and the game at home was cancelled for bad weather - D-B even called to check the weather that day... that never happens... anyway they did not want to make up the game on a Monday before the Science Hill game and Cherokee cannot have home Saturday games - so that could have made a difference in the Regional game actually. Also, TSSAA did not want a 4 game schedule and had satellite games- who wanted to play in a dome anyway- did anyone else play in a true dome??? maybe Science Hill is considered a dome but the depth perception is much better than in the Huss dome. Home court advantage you think for D-B?... Also I heard they put the Lady Chiefs team in an extremely small Boys locker room- they couldn't even circle around for a team prayer- come on D-B you can do better than that... I will say the IMAC does a much better job...

Oh well- good luck IMAC teams- West is quick and if you can't be big you better hope your quick. Greeneville better have their p's and q's ready- D-B is big and it will be a good match up. You better slow down Head (a Gate City product) and Devine (should have gone to S. Central) and Osborne is a good freshman post (should have gone to Boone) get my drift??? At least we play home grown girls don't we... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

After Greenevilles ending of the 4rth quarter they will be winning a lot more games...the first 3 and half quarters were awful but the 11 point come back was awesome...

Seems here lately that Greeneville gets a lot of "no calls" (which is in their favor) early in the fourth qtr. I believe it happened in the Saturday game with West, and the district game vs. Cherokee and it happened again with Tn High Friday night. What's with that???? Fourth qtr is definately in their favor- do the refs just decide to stop calling and watch the game??? It's hard to beat the 8th ranked team in the state on their own home court... would be interesting to see if West gets to play them again...

Just a thought- but really, think real hard. I believe Dickson should have been fouled out early in the fourth qtr vs Cherokee, but that was Cherokee, how embarrassing would that have been on their own court.... Home cooking I smell /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

My hats off to the Lady Chiefs for a great year! Seems that some of you Greeneville fans may not understand our situation... We have a goal of making it to the Region and possibly the second round where you all get talent year in and out and look to host a sub-state... You all need to be thankful of your feeder schools and not take things for granted. The Lady Chiefs played D-B one time and the game at home was cancelled for bad weather - D-B even called to check the weather that day... that never happens... anyway they did not want to make up the game on a Monday before the Science Hill game and Cherokee cannot have home Saturday games - so that could have made a difference in the Regional game actually. Also, TSSAA did not want a 4 game schedule and had satellite games- who wanted to play in a dome anyway- did anyone else play in a true dome??? maybe Science Hill is considered a dome but the depth perception is much better than in the Huss dome. Home court advantage you think for D-B?... Also I heard they put the Lady Chiefs team in an extremely small Boys locker room- they couldn't even circle around for a team prayer- come on D-B you can do better than that... I will say the IMAC does a much better job...

Oh well- good luck IMAC teams- West is quick and if you can't be big you better hope your quick. Greeneville better have their p's and q's ready- D-B is big and it will be a good match up. You better slow down Head (a Gate City product) and Devine (should have gone to S. Central) and Osborne is a good freshman post (should have gone to Boone) get my drift??? At least we play home grown girls don't we... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Spinmove, do you have any more excuses? You lost, get over it. I bet those girls and coaches are not saying if we didn't play in a dome or be in a small locker room we would have won. They would tell you they just didn't execute and play their game as good as they needed to in order to win a road regional game. As for Greeneville, do you not think we are appreciative that we have one of the better middle school programs in Tennessee feeding our high school, and oh by the way get it right our goal is not to host sub-state its to make it to the state tournament, which in Che-ro-kee is just more like a dream. Stop complaining it doesn't make those girls who played hard all year look good.

All-Conference (since no one posted it)

Most Valuable Player - Nicole Dickson

Greeneville - Rachel Collins, Devan McIntyre

Cocke County - Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew

Morristown East - Leah Leeper, Kayla Orrick

Cherokee - Ashlee Price, Casey Ryans

Jefferson County - Haley Nelson

Morristown West - Kelly Smith

Co-coaches of the Year: Patrick O'Neil (Cocke County) and Stacia Crumbley (Greeneville)

Seems to me like it would have been hard not to pick Dickson since the East Tn media claimed her as preseason player of the year in the area.. What's with that??? Then any Senior might as well not work their butts off to be the player of the year because it's already picked for them... Was their any talk about any one senior that had a great season??? did any one talk to the other coaches preseason to see if they could give their senior pick and get their name in the hat??? I just wish Dickson would run up and down the court like a DI player does...that would convince me of her abilities- and some of her fans too. I'd like to see high school stay high school and not get caught up in college hoopla with preseason player of the year picks.. will they do that in the spring sports this spring or is it just bball. Come on, let all the players, especially the seniors have a shot at the award, especially since it is more a senior award anyway... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />