Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

Why do u all keep on saying u expect a big time victory by south. Yeah they did beat west last week but there qb and a good wr was hurt u know that make a big difference. One question that is never answered but i think it needs to be this week is if u stop curt and his run where does south go??? He did have probably 80% of ur offense last week. I know u all have players but what happens when the devils come to town this Friday and shut u down? Huh, What???

Let me the first to thank you for clearly displaying your intelligence in this post. "Huh, what?" Go ahead and stop Phillips and Fletcher and South will toast you on the edge with any wideout who is open. Take your pick. Pick your poison because Greeneville will be unable to stop both. The fact that Greeneville won the first meeting in September is not helping their effort this time around. Anyone knows its always harder to beat a team twice than only once. Take a look your chat room name. '07devilsturnaround". Greeneville hasn't been the same in years and South is a program that is beginning to flex its muscle. I like South in this one by atleast 14. "Huh, what?" I feel stupid even quoting that.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats easy to say when you have never played maryville. they are a whole nother ball club from mo'west and sullivan south. and they never look like it on film. but you find out when you play them.

can south or greeneville beat them? yes.

but you will find out you need to play flawless football against those guys. go ahead and say what you want now, but like i said, its easy to say when you havent played the guys. we've been the only team to slay them in the last 8 or something years i think.

anyways, dont know who to pick because i havent seen either g'ville or south play but good luck to both teams and dont get hurt!

Great post. Until the people from NET see the football played in the Knoxville area and further west they just will not get it. There's a reason why D-B goes 10-0 and loses in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs every year. For this game I'll say

G.H.S-20

S.S.H.S.-30

and for the semi-finals I'll say

M.H.S.-33

S.S.H.S.-15

Ever since the Greeneville loss, South has been a machine. I don't see that changing. Those 185 pound def tackles told South what they were doing wrong,well,I am sure they have changed that. South will come out with more emotion than they have had all year and that Curt Phillips train will get rolling,and once it gets rolling,its tough to stop.

South-35

Greeneville-14

Also,I think Red Bank upsets Maryville and we get a South Red Bank matchup in the Semi's.

Hopefully both sides might find this interesting, as both teams roll into the 20th game of a well played out series between 2 programs that have been better than average over the years.

1st score will always be Greeneville.

1981 11/13 L @ Greeneville 21-24

1983 11/04 L @ Greeneville 19-25

1984 11/09 L @ South 13-21

1984 11/15 L @ Mini Dome 21-24

1991 11/15 W @ South 14-13

1993 10/01 L @ South 7-9

1994 09/30 W @ Greeneville 16-13

1994 11/11 W @ Greeneville 35-14

1995 09/29 W @ South 24-23

1996 10/04 W @ Greeneville 14-10

1997 10/10 W @ Greeneville 30-13

1998 10/09 W @ South 21-0

2001 11/02 W @ South 27-15

2002 11/08 W @ Greeneville 52-7

2003 09/12 W @ Greeneville 28-0

2004 09/10 L @ South 34-42

2005 09/09 L @ Greeneville 12-47

2006 09/08 L @ South 21-28

2007 09/14 W @ Greeneville 24-21

2007 11/23 ? @ South ?- ?

Greeneville leads series 11-8. Have fun stretch, distort, breakdown or compare, but have fun.

In talking with a few South players this is the game they really wanted. A huge game, semi finals on the line, revenge ( dont try and deny it). Phillips will run for 175 yds in this game. South coaches are challenging their Offensive line to dominate a smaller, weaker Greenville D line. You know what they say about pay backs.......The Mighty Rebels 42 Greenville 14

Good Luck to Both

In talking with a few South players this is the game they really wanted. A huge game, semi finals on the line, revenge ( dont try and deny it). Phillips will run for 175 yds in this game. South coaches are challenging their Offensive line to dominate a smaller, weaker Greenville D line. You know what they say about pay backs.......The Mighty Rebels 42 Greenville 14

Good Luck to Both

How about if we just apologize /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> for beating you and you just take it easy on us.

Hopefully both sides might find this interesting, as both teams roll into the 20th game of a well played out series between 2 programs that have been better than average over the years.

1st score will always be Greeneville.

1981 11/13 L @ Greeneville 21-24

1983 11/04 L @ Greeneville 19-25

1984 11/09 L @ South 13-21

1985 11/15 L @ Mini Dome 21-24

1991 11/15 W @ South 14-13

1993 10/01 L @ South 7-9

1994 09/30 W @ Greeneville 16-13

1994 11/11 W @ Greeneville 35-14

1995 09/29 W @ South 24-23

1996 10/04 W @ Greeneville 14-10

1997 10/10 W @ Greeneville 30-13

1998 10/09 W @ South 21-0

2001 11/02 W @ South 27-15

2002 11/08 W @ Greeneville 52-7

2003 09/12 W @ Greeneville 28-0

2004 09/10 L @ South 34-42

2005 09/09 L @ Greeneville 12-47

2006 09/08 L @ South 21-28

2007 09/14 W @ Greeneville 24-21

2007 11/23 ? @ South ?- ?

Greeneville leads series 11-8. Have fun stretch, distort, breakdown or compare, but have fun.

I believe you missed one...in 84 South won in regular season play (per above) and also defeated Greenville in overtime to win the Big 9 / IMAC Bowl same year following week.

Good Luck to Both

I'm sure the coaches at South are challenging their O-line to dominate their small D-line but that is easier said than done. We played 2 games against them this year and I expected our big, experienced O-line to do exactly what your saying but they are well coached, disciplined and flat get after the football with SPEED. Our boys handled them for the first quarter and then it came apart at the seams for us. They also have a BIG O-line that can block well for both pass and run and you better be able to stop Barner (#7), he's a small back that hides behind that big O-line and when they finally see him he's full speed and runs and cuts with the best of them I've seen this year. From what I understand THS ran all over South so you better shore up that run "D" becuase in my opinion GHS has a better running game than THS had. I don't have a dog in this hunt but thought I would put my 2 cents in anyway.

Why do u all keep on saying u expect a big time victory by south. Yeah they did beat west last week but there qb and a good wr was hurt u know that make a big difference. One question that is never answered but i think it needs to be this week is if u stop curt and his run where does south go??? He did have probably 80% of ur offense last week. I know u all have players but what happens when the devils come to town this Friday and shut u down? Huh, What???

South won't get shut down my friend, even though greeneville beat them the first time I hardly call a 3 point game shutting someone down, so open your eyes and find some jackets, its going to be a cold night in the valley for you.

Good Luck to Both

[/quote

He will not come close to 175 yds rushing. I think it will be more like 250 total yds including rushing and passing. I guess ur right we did play our best game ever against u all this year and u played ur worst. Sorry for not seeing the big picture but with all these scores that u all are posting i hate to tell u that ur in for a rude awakening. There is no way south will score 42. Its a sunday nite and ur predicting that wow. Sounds cocky to me but oh well see u friday nite. Oh and i bet every coach has challenged there oline to dominate our d line , but in the end our d line has become the dominatrix.