Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

I believe if you actually read the post's correctly South posters are actually defending Curt from jealous wannabes, or they are lifting up the team. Most of the ones that have talked him up have either seen him play or played against him and were not a South supporter. I think you missed your calling, sounds like you should be a D1 scout.

I have seen him play an i have played against him. I didn't say he was a scrub, but IMO south fans talk him up way to much. I have played on the same team as one of the D ends at UT an i can say any D end would eat his lunch any day in D1

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I has a chance to venture out of Knoxville (I'm a Powell grad and far) and watch the Mo West vs. South game last night. I gotta say I wasn't as impressed with the Phillips kid as all of you guys are. He had some impressive runs but a lot of it just looked like poor tackling by Mo West. I'm a big time skeptic of upper east tennessee football ever since that TN high vs. Maryville debacle back in like the 04 season, but the game just looked a whole lot slower in "death valley" last night. I think that Powell could possibly be better then South this year, and I'm almost certain that West and Halls the number 3 and 4 teams from region three would beat South. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get on here and say that Curt isn't a ball player. I mean Big Ten schools don't just hand out scholarships lightly. I just was expecting to walk away more impressed then I was after seeing him in person. Now with all that being said I have got to pick South in this game. I have never seen Greeneville play, but I do know it's really hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last South Greeneville game at GHS? Home field means a lot.

I would like to addess the poster that said that UT should have gotten Curt. That's simply not true. BJ Colemon (the kid from Mccallie who is at UT now) had a much bigger arm then Phillips does from what I saw last night, and BJ isn't close to getting on the field at UT. I hope the kid makes me eat crow about this I would love to see a TN boy starting at Wisconsin, but I just don't see that happening.

Best of luck to both teams, and congratulations the winner of this game gets the winner of the Red Bank Maryville game...what a reward lol.

You. Are. An. Idiottttt. Curts great, have fun in basketball season. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

You. Are. An. Idiottttt. Curts great, have fun in basketball season. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I don't think Panthers has said anything outrageous, personally. He stated a well-arguemented opinion about regional football and said his piece about South and Phillips. I actually applaud him for contradicting everyone, offending no one, and then taking the immediate feedback like a champ.

Here's the thing: If you were to only see Curt play once (maybe twice), you automatically assume that his stats are a product of poor tackling or inferior athleticism. It takes watching several films against numerous opponents to realize that he really does play at another level than everyone else on the field; you realize that he makes great players look bad. South fans- you all have seen his abilities week in week out for three years now. Cut a first timer some slack- smile and say "to each their own" and let every Friday be a testament to his dominance.

I think you veteran Rebel posters will understand exactly what I'm talking about. Since rain would most likely be snow-- I'll say South takes this one by 14. Unbelievable season for Greeneville's first year under the new head coach, though.

I have seen him play an i have played against him. I didn't say he was a scrub, but IMO south fans talk him up way to much. I have played on the same team as one of the D ends at UT an i can say any D end would eat his lunch any day in D1

And this qualifies you as what? I guess your entitled to your opinion. I for one will pull for the kids of this area, from Moutain City & Hampton to Morristown and all schools in between. If they can get a scholarship from anywhere I think its great. To me they're all local kids and they represent this area of East TN. I will not say a kid can't make it, or should'nt make it in a public forum for all to see. It's not for me to decide anyway. Most of these kids (and yes they are still teenagers), have worked hard to get the recognition they've recieved. I applaud them on a job well done. It's not easy to do. If the stars and the moon align with mars and Jupitor... anyway if Greeneville does happen to beat South on Friday I'll be pullin hard for you guys to bring the title back to this area.

And this qualifies you as what? I guess your entitled to your opinion. I for one will pull for the kids of this area, from Moutain City & Hampton to Morristown and all schools in between. If they can get a scholarship from anywhere I think its great. To me they're all local kids and they represent this area of East TN. I will not say a kid can't make it, or should'nt make it in a public forum for all to see. It's not for me to decide anyway. Most of these kids (and yes they are still teenagers), have worked hard to get the recognition they've recieved. I applaud them on a job well done. It's not easy to do. If the stars and the moon align with mars and Jupitor... anyway if Greeneville does happen to beat South on Friday I'll be pullin hard for you guys to bring the title back to this area.

Good post and as a Devil fan I too feel the same way about all the kids. Only time will tell how successful Curt will be at Wisconson and it's up to Curt as well. This young man has brought a lot of positive attention to NEast football including Greeneville. I actually wish there were 3 or 4 more of these young men through out Region 1 and 2.

Best Wishes to you guys Friday and I hope we play tough against you. Either team will represent well the following week against Region 3 or 4.

Well lets hear it.

Well, I think I've read every post in this thread so far, albeit not every one in its entirety. Thus far, I haven't seen more than 3 or 4 that are even worth reading. Obviously, you know I'm pulling for Greeneville, however, I will be satisfied with a hard fought, thrilling game no matter the outcome as long as it finishes injury free and everyone traveling to and from Death Valley do so safely. I think we should all take this entire week and reflect on all we have to be thankful for and pray for the future leadership of this nation, not just football. This is just a game...a very small, insignificant scene in the big picture. God bless both South and Greeneville. There are some fine young men being produced at both schools and I'm thankful for that.

Great posts to stir things up which is what we all log on here to do.

Correct my history if it is wrong. I know of only one QB from Knoxville area the last 30 years to get a D-I offer and take it. That was Pennington to Marshall. In NET, I have to go back to David Bibee from THS's National Title team in the early 70's. Bibee never played much at UT after he got there. If we really talk ancient history we could go back to Spurrier. Am I overlooking other Knoxville or NET QB's?

Joey Mathews - Sevier County

Randy Sanders - Mo' West (I think)

South playing in death valley, I'm calling, will roll overtop of greenville like it's nothing. By the way, I'm pretty sure this ISN'T the Maryville v. Redbank forum, so go post somewhere else.

South-42

Greenville-21

You miss couch qb's intent. We appreciated your support this past week couch! Are you going to be in attendance this Friday?