Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is gonna be a great game. I was kinda disturbed by watching the news last nite and in an interview one of souths players stated that when these two teams met the first time greeneville played there best game all season and south played one of there worst. I think thats low but oh well as i recall both teams had about 3 turnovers. Now looking at last nites game. If greeneville can stop curt then they can win he had 6 tds last nite how does that happen? I know he is good but i didn't know mo west's d was that pitifull. Hopefully next week will will come out of the gates running the ball and not do that crap we did last nite with trying to pass the ball.

07devil, Curt did score 6 td's, alot because of his individual effort and abilities, however the entire Rebel team put him in position to exhibit his effort and abilities. This was and will be a complete team effort!

07devil, Curt did score 6 td's, alot because of his individual effort and abilities, however the entire Rebel team put him in position to exhibit his effort and abilities. This was and will be a complete team effort!

Jeff Gorden always gives praise to his pit crew. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Im not saying South is a one man team but it is hard to ignore what he does in a game. I had my doughts at the beginning of the season that he was really D1 materiel. Now I say he could be the starting QB at Wis. next year. Probably the best QB to come out of East. Tn. sinse Chad Pennington. South by 21 over Greenville.

Jeff Gorden always gives praise to his pit crew. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Im not saying South is a one man team but it is hard to ignore what he does in a game. I had my doughts at the beginning of the season that he was really D1 materiel. Now I say he could be the starting QB at Wis. next year. Probably the best QB to come out of East. Tn. sinse Chad Pennington. South by 21 over Greenville.

The Gods have spoken. Let it come to pass. UT...you had your chance!

ok of course im going for greeneville in this 1 as always but I believe its going to be a very close 1 at that...If greeneville shuts down Curt like they did the first time it will be hard for South to win...Hopefully South doesn't come into the game cocky like the last time but actually I hope they do...lol...I say GREENEVILLE WINS!!! by 10 or another amazing field goal by chad...GO DEVILS!!!

So I has a chance to venture out of Knoxville (I'm a Powell grad and far) and watch the Mo West vs. South game last night. I gotta say I wasn't as impressed with the Phillips kid as all of you guys are. He had some impressive runs but a lot of it just looked like poor tackling by Mo West. I'm a big time skeptic of upper east tennessee football ever since that TN high vs. Maryville debacle back in like the 04 season, but the game just looked a whole lot slower in "death valley" last night. I think that Powell could possibly be better then South this year, and I'm almost certain that West and Halls the number 3 and 4 teams from region three would beat South. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get on here and say that Curt isn't a ball player. I mean Big Ten schools don't just hand out scholarships lightly. I just was expecting to walk away more impressed then I was after seeing him in person. Now with all that being said I have got to pick South in this game. I have never seen Greeneville play, but I do know it's really hard to beat a good team twice in the same season. Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last South Greeneville game at GHS? Home field means a lot.

I would like to addess the poster that said that UT should have gotten Curt. That's simply not true. BJ Colemon (the kid from Mccallie who is at UT now) had a much bigger arm then Phillips does from what I saw last night, and BJ isn't close to getting on the field at UT. I hope the kid makes me eat crow about this I would love to see a TN boy starting at Wisconsin, but I just don't see that happening.

Best of luck to both teams, and congratulations the winner of this game gets the winner of the Red Bank Maryville game...what a reward lol.

ok of course im going for greeneville in this 1 as always but I believe its going to be a very close 1 at that...If greeneville shuts down Curt like they did the first time it will be hard for South to win...Hopefully South doesn't come into the game cocky like the last time but actually I hope they do...lol...I say GREENEVILLE WINS!!! by 10 or another amazing field goal by chad...GO DEVILS!!!

I love my Devils , but can you really say we "shut down Curt"? With 170 yds passing and another 150 on the ground, the best you can say is we kinda limited him.

Panther08,

I think you are blinded by your own insanity. South not able to beat the 3rd or 4th seeds out of Knoxville? I believe that if a team is going to beat Maryville, this is the year. This weeks game is going to be a tough battle for both South and Greeneville. I believe the winner has a shot at Maryville. Until someone knocks them off, they are the team to beat. Just don't have sour grapes because none of the 4A Knoxville schools have had any luck with it. Good luck with basketball season.

I love my Devils , but can you really say we "shut down Curt"? With 170 yds passing and another 150 on the ground, the best you can say is we kinda limited him.

Thanks Barb. Regardless of who we are speaking of I think we all realistically know what shut down means..and what it doesn't. Some people are hitting 70 mph and playing Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive '55". On the edge man.

Panther08,

I think you are blinded by your own insanity. South not able to beat the 3rd or 4th seeds out of Knoxville? I believe that if a team is going to beat Maryville, this is the year. This weeks game is going to be a tough battle for both South and Greeneville. I believe the winner has a shot at Maryville. Until someone knocks them off, they are the team to beat. Just don't have sour grapes because none of the 4A Knoxville schools have had any luck with it. Good luck with basketball season.

He,s not trying to knock south at all ..he,s just telling it like it is. We in upper east Tn are just not on the same level as the better Knoxville area teams..sad but true. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

There is just more competition down there, they play tough games about every week. We have two-three a year at best(till play-offs). So its just hard to know the level you need to play at when you hit the play-offs until its too late. Its not that we don,t have the talent to be that good ,its that we don,t have to be that good to win around here(compared to teams around Knoxville I mean) Flame away, but i have seen it and its true. So whoever goes down the road(South i hope so ...Go rebels!!) hope for the best and expect the worst.

He,s not trying to knock south at all ..he,s just telling it like it is. We in upper east Tn are just not on the same level as the better Knoxville area teams..sad but true. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

There is just more competition down there, they play tough games about every week. We have two-three a year at best(till play-offs). So its just hard to know the level you need to play at when you hit the play-offs until its too late. Its not that we don,t have the talent to be that good ,its that we don,t have to be that good to win around here(compared to teams around Knoxville I mean) Flame away, but i have seen it and its true. So whoever goes down the road(South i hope so ...Go rebels!!) hope for the best and expect the worst.

In the previous game we did slow curt down we didn't stop him and whats this crap about maryville being so great this is the year the east tn knocks them out come on. They did win by what 8 last nite, there not that good. I believe that about 4 or 5 weeks ago i predicted a greeneville maryville game i am one game away come on guys put it together and win u can beat south. Everyone knows that south is a one man team. Beat curt, and for the idiot that said he would start at wis. next year have u saw there roster they have 6 men ahead of him ther is no way he will start he should have went Div 1-AA and then went D-1 like the guy from knoxville said he isn't that good