Alcoa vs. GP

F5HallOfFamer

You folks that are close to the Alcoa program...What, in your opinions, are the top three reasons for Alcoa's continued success and seeming dominance? It is a very impressive program to follow and I am curious as to what they do that others don't.

I'm going to be honest with you, Alcoa has always had the talent to play with anyone.The talent on this year's team is no where near the talent of teams from the past. All alcoa was missing in the 90's was a weight program and a great coaching staff. They've caught up to every other 2a team and now the dynasty has begun. There's nothing special going on in Alcoa. The program is just where it needs to be now. Alcoa could actually win 3 or 4 more state titles in a row. The up coming classes are loaded!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would whats-his-face keep letting them score....70-0 at halftime? In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

so alcoa would host because 1, they are the top team in the bracket and #1 in the state so i guess its alcoa?.....because of that game we didnt even get a freakin banquet....just a senior plaque that i threw away and our jerseys ill probably give to my kid. i really kind of gave up after we lost to pigeon forge. i was amazed we won 3 more games after that......but oh well.

why would whats-his-face keep letting them score....70-0 at halftime? In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

so alcoa would host because 1, they are the top team in the bracket and #1 in the state so i guess its alcoa?.....because of that game we didnt even get a freakin banquet....just a senior plaque that i threw away and our jerseys ill probably give to my kid. i really kind of gave up after we lost to pigeon forge. i was amazed we won 3 more games after that......but oh well.

I can't really comment on that game because I was gone to college and didn't see it. I heard the defense scored like 42 points though. I'm hoping Alcoa plays at home if they win, but York would be 13-0 and they are a #1 seed. Will that loss to Maryville cost Alcoa home field? I don't mind traveling, but it would be nice to save a little gas.

I can't really comment on that game because I was gone to college and didn't see it. I heard the defense scored like 42 points though. I'm hoping Alcoa plays at home if they win, but York would be 13-0 and they are a #1 seed. Will that loss to Maryville cost Alcoa home field? I don't mind traveling, but it would be nice to save a little gas.

In odd numbered years teams on top of bracket have home field advantage if they are the same seed. This means Alcoa will have home-field advantage should they play in the Semi-Finals.

What are you talking about play your next game. And yes your post is stupid. Hope you both loose.

Why are you even on this thread?? I wasn't talking about Goodpasture you dummy! I was talking about Gatlingburg Pittman and Alcoa! I bet they both can beat your team!!!

In odd numbered years teams on top of bracket have home field advantage if they are the same seed. This means Alcoa will have home-field advantage should they play in the Semi-Finals.

Thanks for the info.

GP is making a good run hopefully they pull off a great upset. But Goodluck to both, and remeber Matthew Pittser in your prayers. Been in the hospital all week and the Junior i think is still leading east tenn In scoring, so he goes under surgery for the 3rd time tommorow (saturday) to clean some more of that staph infection so goodluck to him. Loving Football In Late November!

Why are you even on this thread?? I wasn't talking about Goodpasture you dummy! I was talking about Gatlingburg Pittman and Alcoa! I bet they both can beat your team!!!Thanks for the info.

By Bad, they might can beat them but they would know they played us. I thought you were another idot looking into the crystal ball. Alcoa is the team to beat.

GP is making a good run hopefully they pull off a great upset. But Goodluck to both, and remeber Matthew Pittser in your prayers. Been in the hospital all week and the Junior i think is still leading east tenn In scoring, so he goes under surgery for the 3rd time tommorow (saturday) to clean some more of that staph infection so goodluck to him. Loving Football In Late November!

I hope the young man comes through his surgery well. I have had staph infection and that is serious. He will be in our thoughts and prayers. With that being said I think Alcoa will win this game handily. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I wanted to comment on Cobb on here in case noone reads the CAK Alcoa post. He pulled one of the classiest moves in the CAK game. Cobb was holding for an extra point and a CAK rusher cramped up laying out for the ball. Mr. Cobb did not hesitate, he grabbed the CAK players foot and stayed on the field stretching him out after both teams went to the sidelines and then helped the CAK player up and they patted each other on the helmet. That earned my respect for him as much as anything he did tonight. Not only is he one heck of a football player, but with that move he showed he is one heck of a human being!

Why not just declare Alcoa the winner without even playing the game. No question, they'll be a heavy favorite. They could probably play the "loaded" underclassmen and win. The Blount County champions will roll to victory. Oh, wait a minute. I'm sorry, they're not the Blount County champions, are they? Alcoa is a good team. They attract quality players at early ages who want to play for a championship program. That's why they win championships, because they attract the best players.

You folks that are close to the Alcoa program...What, in your opinions, are the top three reasons for Alcoa's continued success and seeming dominance? It is a very impressive program to follow and I am curious as to what they do that others don't.

The main thing about Alcoa's (and Maryville's for that matter) success is that you have little kids in the grasshopper league wanting to be a Tornado (in MHS's case, a Rebel). The little kids idolize the high school players, and the hs players take time to play with the kids. As they get older, they don't want want to disappoint those who came before. To me, that is the main reason for success. Most of the players who have gotten a lot of attention (George, Warren, Lindsay, Cobb...I know I'm forgetting some here!) are home grown and have come through the Alcoa football system. Yes, there are boys who moved to Alcoa for specific reasons (Lanxter, Shiverdecker), but Shiverdecker for one knew the tradition and stepped right into it because he has family who came through the Alcoa system.

When we moved back to Alcoa 3 years ago, my boys also embraced the tradition. It certainly wasn't like that in the town we moved from, but it definitely was like that in the town my spouse is from (whose high school also has a winning tradition). I think that has a lot to do with it.

One of the other 2 top reasons (and I hate to say this!) is that because our older brother (Murvul) is so successful and dominating, that raises the bar for us. Again, it goes back to grasshopper/peewee/midget...our little kids want to beat Murvul at all stages of life.

The third reason...somebody else come up with one. I think the 1st 2 say it all!

GO BIG A!!!! BEAT G-P!!!

Why not just declare Alcoa the winner without even playing the game. No question, they'll be a heavy favorite. They could probably play the "loaded" underclassmen and win. The Blount County champions will roll to victory. Oh, wait a minute. I'm sorry, they're not the Blount County champions, are they? Alcoa is a good team. They attract quality players at early ages who want to play for a championship program. That's why they win championships, because they attract the best players.

blah, blah, blah...

Nobody came on here claiming Alcoa was "Blount County Champions". We don't have to be the fictional county champs to win a state championship. I believe if you'll check a statement by Rankin after the Maryville game you'd see that the team realizes that too. The quote went something like this: we don't have to get through Maryville to win the state championship. Yes, MHS beat us this year, and last year, and the year before, etc.... Who cares? THey're 3 times bigger than us, and they should beat us. We'll never know about WB and HHS since they refused to play us the past 2 years. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Alcoa is an awesome 2A team who, in all likelyhood could easily play 3A teams and play deep into the playoffs. We blasted White House who is now in the quarterfinals of 3A.

Alcoa wins this easily, but if G-P fans think we're going to overlook them, they're sadly mistaken. My advice to them: don't hand the ball to one of our defensive players when we have you deep in your own territory. I think G-P learned their lesson a couple of years ago. I expect them to come out fighting, but it just won't be enough. They just don't have the weapons. Alcoa 49 G-P 7

Sorry to hear about the young man with staph...he's in our prayers.