Red Bank vs. Maryville

lionheart6508

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the Maryville folks. Why does the TSSAA have your enrollment listed as 1381 and the Maryville High School web site have the enrollment listed as 1537? Thats a difference of 156 students.

Maryviile will win because they always do. They expect to win. Red Bank hopes to win. Your hopes will be dashed come Friday night. Maryville will find a way to win. But take consolation in the fact you were beaten by a 5-A school.

I have always been impressed with Maryville and how they execute their offense. But I was amazed by Red Bank not only in their position players but their line has improved greatly from years past. They kept Kitts silent all night until his last scamper of 45 yeards and he finished with 81 yards. The passing game with Burnette will be were the Rebels should concentrate. Home field is hard to ignore and I still think Maryville gets it done but not by as many as people feel. This will be a close one even with Benford down with a broken arm.

These teams are screeming aerial assault and thats what it will be. Its shaping up to be a great game. Wow!!!

Question for the Maryville folks. Why does the TSSAA have your enrollment listed as 1193 and the Maryville High School web site have the enrollment listed as 1537? Thats a difference of 344 students.

Maryviile will win because they always do. They expect to win. Red Bank hopes to win. Your hopes will be dashed come Friday night. Maryville will find a way to win. But take consolation in the fact you were beaten by a 5-A school.

Question -

Before you bring your crybaby mentality into yet another thread, why don't you at least post the truth and not lies.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

Also, please note this sentence from the webpage-

Listed below are the enrollment numbers from January 2006, which will be used to determine any classification change from the January 2004 numbers.

Question -

Before you bring your crybaby mentality into yet another thread, why don't you at least post the truth and not lies.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

Also, please note this sentence from the webpage-

Didn't mean to lie. I did look at the TSSAA web site just the wrong place. Just wanted to point out that Maryville should be 5-A. Correction has been made. Still why such a difference?

Pointing out the facts is not crying.

Didn't mean to lie. I did look at the TSSAA web site just the wrong place. Just wanted to point out that Maryville should be 5-A. Correction has been made. Still why such a difference?

Pointing out the facts is not crying.

But doing it over and over and over and over is.

But hey, keep posting those excuses to make yourself feel better that Helton got outcoached every time they played when Central had more talent. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As for the difference, I would say once you factor in kids that move out, transfer, get expelled, or quit between the start of the year (August) and January in year 1, when the T$$AA uses the numbers for classification then factor in that you are replacing them with a brand new class of freshmen in year 2 to make up for all of those numbers plus other kids moving in because of the speed the city of Maryville is growing plus all of stars' recruits, then that would make up your difference.

I would also encourage you to check Central and other Knox Co. schools enrollment difference between the start of a school year and August. You might be surprised at the discrepencies there too.

Question for the Maryville folks. Why does the TSSAA have your enrollment listed as 1381 and the Maryville High School web site have the enrollment listed as 1537? Thats a difference of 156 students.

That shows me Marville has nothing to hide and is doing everthing above board. It is only a small minority that keeps raising these questions over and over w/ out reading (or understanding) the TSSAA's classification guidelines.

If you don't grow by more than 20% in the 4 year period you don't move up. Maryville needs to get to 1657.2 to move up before the next re-classification.

That shows me Marville has nothing to hide and is doing everthing above board. It is only a small minority that keeps raising these questions over and over w/ out reading (or understanding) the TSSAA's classification guidelines.

If you don't grow by more than 20% in the 4 year period you don't move up. Maryville needs to get to 1657.2 to move up before the next re-classification.

Not right.

For the 09 classification, everything will start from scratch. Right now Maryville would be 5A.

Seems to me both teams are banged up and thats expected at this point; however, im sad about Tim though. I plan to attend this game should be good.

making a bold prediction /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Red Bank- 34

Maryville 21

Bold indeed.

Here's some info for you:

GQ has been at Maryville for 9 full seasons (with the 9th one currently in extra innings). In that time, his teams have lost only 9 games. The average margin of loss in those games has been 8.22 points...actually, the Rebels have lost by more than 7 points only twice and by double digits only once. Further, the Rebels have been to the third round of the playoffs each and every year of GQ's tenure and are 8-0 in that game.

So, you may be right. MHS may lose by 13 points, but...if they do, it will be

- their first loss in 57 games

- their first loss in 48 months

- the first time GQ has ever lost in the third round

- the 2nd time GQ has ever lost by double digits

That'd be a historic night.

Not right.

For the 09 classification, everything will start from scratch. Right now Maryville would be 5A.

Read carefully Soloman: To move up within the 4 year period you have to grow by 20%. Within meaning between. Yes, at the next classification period they start over which is correct but has nothing to do with what I said. The figure I quoted, Alice, is the amount a school needs to grow before they (TSSAA) do a within (there's that word again Marie) re-classification. With apologies to Dr. Perry Cox on NBC's SCRUBS. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />