Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

This game should be a very good game, Mt. Pleasant you had better play as a team, Jo Byrns has a very well balanced attack and if either team comes out flat they are going to lose. Defense will be a big key in this game. I think this will be a great game to watch, wish it was in Mt. Pleasant instead of Jo Byrns. This game could go either way, but of course I'm pulling for MP. Honestly, I was thinking during the game last night that #1 reminded me of Marco, he was like Barry Sanders running down the field and even when someone was in position to tackle him he could somehow avoid it. Jo Byrns skill players are very impressive, but the same can be said of MP. I wouldn't put money on this game either way, very hard game to pick. Somebody let us know what radio station will be carrying this game. Go Region 6! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think www.mtpleasant record.com streams it live--with about a 10 second delay

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be a very good game, Mt. Pleasant you had better play as a team, Jo Byrns has a very well balanced attack and if either team comes out flat they are going to lose. Defense will be a big key in this game. I think this will be a great game to watch, wish it was in Mt. Pleasant instead of Jo Byrns. This game could go either way, but of course I'm pulling for MP. Honestly, I was thinking during the game last night that #1 reminded me of Marco, he was like Barry Sanders running down the field and even when someone was in position to tackle him he could somehow avoid it. Jo Byrns skill players are very impressive, but the same can be said of MP. I wouldn't put money on this game either way, very hard game to pick. Somebody let us know what radio station will be carrying this game. Go Region 6! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanx bro, that was a very insightful breakdown of the game. It really does have the makings to be a classic like their previous 2 match-ups.....

Thanx bro, that was a very insightful breakdown of the game. It really does have the makings to be a classic like their previous 2 match-ups.....

One simple rule in a game like this. Take away or develop a scheme to stop what a team does best. JBS needs to sell out to stop Marco Daily. This is no disrespect to the other atheletes, but if I am JBS and I cannot stop or slow down Marco it is going to be difficult to win. Some people will say stop everything else because an athelete like Marco will get his. Teams usually who have this philosophy will get beat.

JBS probably found out Friday night that Orlando Taylor is very special. Shane had an off night, but Orlando made the plays. To be honest Mt. Pleasant may have the more difficult job in developing a game plan to stop the JBS offense. (credit Wayne County for a good job on defense). If JBS is clicking on all cylinders they will score. Also, I have been watching alot of film on JBS lately and the offensive line, , gets the job done and deserves alot of the offenses credit for success They are much better than what I thought they would be. They may actually be the best offensive line in 5-1a. Though Cascade's was awful good. Tossup

Both teams have super offenses. In looking at the stats the defenses are not bad, but neither teams defense strikes fear in the others heart. But, the team whose defense can stop big plays --will really help out their teams cause. I believe if both offenses are clicking--you could see a 42-35 final--maybe more. Since I said this the final will probably be 7 to 6. (By the way Jeff Heatherly has done an excellent job with the O-Line)

Somebody let us know what radio station will be carrying this game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

95% sure that 1590 AM will carry it, also on the web at WSGI 1100, when you get to this page scroll down and click stream live from WSGI. This is a local station that usually carries Springfield football, but since its playoffs and JB is the only team from RobCo still playin, I 95% sure they will get the live feed.

One simple rule in a game like this. Take away or develop a scheme to stop what a team does best. JBS needs to sell out to stop Marco Daily. This is no disrespect to the other atheletes, but if I am JBS and I cannot stop or slow down Marco it is going to be difficult to win. Some people will say stop everything else because an athelete like Marco will get his. Teams usually who have this philosophy will get beat.

JBS probably found out Friday night that Orlando Taylor is very special. Shane had an off night, but Orlando made the plays. To be honest Mt. Pleasant may have the more difficult job in developing a game plan to stop the JBS offense. (credit Wayne County for a good job on defense). If JBS is clicking on all cylinders they will score. Also, I have been watching alot of film on JBS lately and the offensive line, , gets the job done and deserves alot of the offenses credit for success They are much better than what I thought they would be. They may actually be the best offensive line in 5-1a. Though Cascade's was awful good. Tossup

Both teams have super offenses. In looking at the stats the defenses are not bad, but neither teams defense strikes fear in the others heart. But, the team whose defense can stop big plays --will really help out their teams cause. I believe if both offenses are clicking--you could see a 42-35 final--maybe more. Since I said this the final will probably be 7 to 6. (By the way Jeff Heatherly has done an excellent job with the O-Line)

I agree 100% about selling out to stop Marco; even if someone else stepped up and had a big night to beat you guys or Marco beat you w/ his arm. I would do everything in my power to make sure he didnt beat us w/ his legs. That is much easier said than done though.....