Arby's Classic

greenhtr

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not impressed with the International teams. They are good, but I would rather see quality teams from the US. Don't get me wrong the Arby's Classic is one of the best things this area has ever seen. The Tourny is run very professionally and the directors do a great job. I'm just talking about 1st round match-ups. Be honest, what are the chances of either Urspring or Tabernacle winning the tournament? Greeneville could have DB or Science Hill's first round game. So yes, I would say Greeneville has a good draw. Every local team is going to meet their match in this years tourny.

I agree that I would like to see some more in-country teams (or some highly talented from outside), but they do add flare to the tournament. Regardless of how good they are, if someone who doesn't know a whole lot about it sees a team from Germany in the Classic, they think, "Wow, I bet that would be interesting to see." I also agree that neither Tabernacle nor Urspring will probably win the tournament; however, Greeneville has to win a game just to get into the position to win a first round game. Personally I don't count the play-in as first round. I really don't know a whole lot about either the California team or the Urspring team (aside from what I saw last year) and I understand that someone has to have the play-in, I just don't agree with it being Greeneville. Actually to be honest, I don't know why they invited enough teams for it to be necessary to have two play-in games. If I remember correctly, there were no play-in games last year. Or did I just not pay attention because it wasn't my team that had to play in it? (regardless I don't like the play-in concept)

I have just one question after watching the first round action. Why is the Northview team even up here? That is by far, the worst team I have ever seen at the tournament. They got flat out embarrassed by a decent (not bad, not great, pretty good) Science Hill team. I retract my previous statement about international invites vs. in-country if we can't bring in better than this.

I have just one question after watching the first round action. Why is the Northview team even up here? That is by far, the worst team I have ever seen at the tournament. They got flat out embarrassed by a decent (not bad, not great, pretty good) Science Hill team. I retract my previous statement about international invites vs. in-country if we can't bring in better than this.

The Sampson's got beat? What was the score? What are the matchups tomorrow and the times that each game starts?

The Sampson's got beat? What was the score? What are the matchups tomorrow and the times that each game starts?

score 77-35 i think? wasnt even a game..... tomorrow...Tabernacle Babtist, GB vs Greeneville 2:30 pm..... Sullivan East vs. Briarcrest at 4 pm ... Iolani, HI vs Father Henry Carr, ONT 5:30pm ... Charlotte, FL vs Volunteer 7 pm...Dorsey, CA VS. Urspring School, Germany 8:30 pm

DB and Gate City should just meet over at the Dome and play each other next year. Save themselves the embarassment. Did any player from DB stay on the court for more than 2 minutes last night. Un-Real /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I have to agree with you Waco. The rotation was puzzling.

I want to see that Class A team out of Florida...After all Scottie says they should be about like a Group A team out of Virginny....HA HA HA...Scottie is a real pro about making statements in the paper, it ain't no wonder they ran him out of Nicklesville, VA.

Scotty was correct. The Florida team was very well coached, but not very talented.