Andre Sterling

braves4life

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The knock on Stewart coming out was his ability to play tail back in the SEC. He was a tremendous back in hs, but he just lacked that burst to make him an SEC tb. .... Fast forward to today, he (in my opinion) is a tremendous full back in the SEC and he (again in my opinion) should definately get a look in the NFL.

Now to Sterling.... I don't think he compares to Stewart. He is a true tb. He is like Stewart in the fact that he doesn't have that big-time gear that tail backs need, and he is not big enough to grow into a fast fullback. He is a tremendous high school football player, but there is nothing that entitles all good hs players a shot in the SEC. It is a privalege not a right. I hope he is able to go somewhere to further his career and play at the next level. Do not get discouraged by how high that level is. It is still an amazing opportunity to further your career.

i wasnt comparing stewart to sterling in respect to their games. i was just discussing the fact that often times big time h.s. backs dont fit in as perfectly in college, and the fact that they do not become superstars does not make their college careers a disappointment. my point with stewart was that he played behind some great backs (no fault of his own) and made a great switch to a non-glamour position. and he will probably get a shot with the NFL due to his willingness to do so. i agree with you that sterling will not be able to make that tb-fb transition, and that he lacks the "extra gear" speed that you USUALLY find with a back his size on the big time stage.

No huge surprise there. Navy is light years ahead of Army right now.

Army and Navy do play in sports other than football. Fortunately Army has been able to hold its own there.

i know, i spent 4 years on the bay back when navy and army were both horrible. in most every other sport it is a see-saw battle from year to year. but PJ has separated the football programs.

The knock on Stewart coming out was his ability to play tail back in the SEC. He was a tremendous back in hs, but he just lacked that burst to make him an SEC tb. .... Fast forward to today, he (in my opinion) is a tremendous full back in the SEC and he (again in my opinion) should definately get a look in the NFL.

Now to Sterling.... I don't think he compares to Stewart. He is a true tb. He is like Stewart in the fact that he doesn't have that big-time gear that tail backs need, and he is not big enough to grow into a fast fullback. He is a tremendous high school football player, but there is nothing that entitles all good hs players a shot in the SEC. It is a privalege not a right. I hope he is able to go somewhere to further his career and play at the next level. Do not get discouraged by how high that level is. It is still an amazing opportunity to further your career.

Yeah I bet UT wish that they had a back with that big-time gear last Saturday against LSU. If Arian Foster had any type of speed then he would have scored on that long run he had at the end of the game.

Yeah I bet UT wish that they had a back with that big-time gear last Saturday against LSU. If Arian Foster had any type of speed then he would have scored on that long run he had at the end of the game.

No doubt. I do wish he had that gear as well. If he had that extra gear, he would be gone to the pros this year. A 6'1 215lb back with wheels would be very nice. I have been pleased with what Foster has done this year. Losing Coker's speed has hurt the Vols.

the guy with the extra gear that would have taken it to the house blew his chance (make that chances--> 4). coker can flat out go but he is wasting his talent making immature idiotic mistakes, and it will probably cost him a shot at playing on Sundays.

All I have to say is Andre Who? Get Ready to hear that when we go up by twenty on friday in basketball

Bearden has no player in football that even compares to Sterling, and please don't say Works because yes he had a great game against Farragut, but Sterling has run all over BHS and every other high school in his career, and what does Andre have to do with basketball just let the players settle that game on the court it may be a better one than you expect.

2005: 1,171 and 17 TDs

2006: 2,028 and 23 TDs

2007: 2,711 and 29 TDs

5,910 yards and 69 TDs for his career.

most of his highlights from '06 and '07 can be seen at farragutfootball.com so you decide for yourself

Like I said before, here's one out of CA that he is competing for a postion on a D1 team. I just simply looked this up on Unapproved Website. They haven't got his Sr season but he has 64 touchdowns and 5182 yards in 2 seasons (So and Jr). Just trying to point out that although someones numbers may be big here, they might not be so big elsewhere. Plus look at this like a recruiter, Size, 40 speed, GPA, you have to have the whole package. Don't fill a kids head with "your the best" "a school would be crazy to miss you" and other stuff, it will hurt him in the long run. Be real and tell him he is very good, but not the best, work on getting better, and be proud to go where you can.

Darrell Scott

Running back

Ventura (CA) St. Bonaventure

Ht: 6-foot-0

Wt: 204 lbs

Forty: 4.4 secs

GPA: 3.2

Class: 2008 (High School)

Rushing

Statistics Att Yds Avg TD Lg

2005 (So.) 292 1,988 6.8 19 80

2006 (Jr.) - 3,194 9.5 45 80

Bearden has no player in football that even compares to Sterling, and please don't say Works because yes he had a great game against Farragut, but Sterling has run all over BHS and every other high school in his career, and what does Andre have to do with basketball just let the players settle that game on the court it may be a better one than you expect.

Wait wait wait...hahahaha. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> if Sterling WOULD HAVE run all over Bearden then Farragut wouldve won. He didnt he got shut down.

Now dont get me wrong, Andre is a great HIGHSCHOOL running back, but people made him out to being better than he actually is...he isnt a mere God..he is just an above average high school running back. Who knows how he will be in college, we just have to wait and find out.

And to Andre..Good Luck in college but the running of the mouth wont be tolerated.

Wait wait wait...hahahaha. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> if Sterling WOULD HAVE run all over Bearden then Farragut wouldve won. He didnt he got shut down.

Now dont get me wrong, Andre is a great HIGHSCHOOL running back, but people made him out to being better than he actually is...he isnt a mere God..he is just an above average high school running back. Who knows how he will be in college, we just have to wait and find out.

And to Andre..Good Luck in college but the running of the mouth wont be tolerated.

I believe I said in his career, not this game, and yes he has destroyed Bearden throughout his career