CougarBrown

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Milan has the Tim Tebow (Harrison)

2.SPEED KILLS........GET OFF THE ROAD!

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!

Are you joking about Harrison? Get a grip!

PEABODY IS GARBAGES AND THEY THINK HARPER IS GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY AT TENNESSEE?? GET REAL ...MILAN IS A BETTER TEAM BY FAR!

Hey - football is over in Milan. Go to the basketball boards. . . but better make it the girls' board.

As much as I would love to see Peabody represent West TN in the Boro next week, I cannot make that pick. Hoping the Tide proves me wrong, I say:

GPasture - 38

Peabody - 30

>>Bud light presents Real American Heroes

(Real American Heroes....)

>>Today we salute you Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy....)

While others are wasting time posting facts about high school football you come out to do the dirty work.

(No rest for you now....)

Even though you are doing the posters a favor, you still catch flack for catching every mistake.

(Was that a mistake that was just made?....)

So crack open an ice cold bud light Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy, because there is only one thing I know for certain in this world, and that is where would the English language be without you?

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy.......)

Go Peabody http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

I must say that is funny, "alot" funny. Wishing the best to Trenton. Public vs Private. Roll Tide

WELCOME WITH YOUR FIRST POST....... PLEASE LEAVE THE TRASHING AND QUESTIONING OF INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS OUT OF YOUR POSTS......... IT HAS BEEN A TEAM EFFORT TO GET TO THIS POINT AND EACH OF THEM HAS CONTRIBUTED GREATLY TO THE CAUSE!!

sorry if the truth hurts, Mr. thamansafan. I just call them like I see them. No pulling punches for me. Roll Tide!

sorry if the truth hurts, Mr. thamansafan. I just call them like I see them. No pulling punches for me. Roll Tide!

Doesnt hurt me Razorpig..... Thats 16-17 yr old kids your singling out..... if it was players making millions of dollars understandable...... But these are kids who love to play football and are there fighting every week to represent there school and the community that you and I live in........ Think about how your words may affect a couple wide-eyed kids playing a GAME they love.......

Now if you wish to trash Houston Nutt, go right ahead...... You need his cell phone number, it is public record now you know!!

Not trying to pick anything with you, but am asking that you be fair to these kids who are representing you.

Better to say nothing at all if you feel such a need to be completely honest about everything you feel......

We are gonna go to Goodpasture and dance with the ones that brought us to the dance, every one of the PHS Proud Tidemen..... and win or lose (hopefully win) we will be proud of this teams accomplishments and not credit 1 or 2 for the win and not blame 1 or 2 if we lose...

Thanks fo9r a little more consideration of these kids in your future posts...

As a Peabody fan, I have only one (1) fear going into this game and that is the special teams play and the virtual lack of a kicking game. In every Peabody game I've attended this year, our kicking game has been suspect and trumped by the opposition in most games. It's a good thing that Peabody averages 30 points a game and gives up 20, so the kicking game really hasn't come into play. Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on Jake (kicker) or Brandon (punter). They are great kids, but are average at best. If I were Coach Scott, I would forego a PAT, and try a 2 point conversion after every TD. When you have 2 great running backs, the odds are in your favor. I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal to win or tie the game. I don't like our chances, although I would love to be proved wrong. ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!!!

You bring up some good points. I don't have any stats right here in front of me, but I would wager that the punter's average is actually better than average in comparison to other schools. If you can get a high school punter to average 32-35 yards per punt, that is not that bad. Remember, punt yardage is only counted from the LOS, and he is typically 13 yards behind that. Therefore, a 32-35 yard average means he is actually footing the ball 45-48 yards. Not bad. He has had some pretty good boomers. Also, something to consider is that he, even though he is a lineman, is an athlete with good hands. That is something to be desired in a punter. I have no problems with the punt game.

The kicker, on the other hand, has not performed consistently. Perhaps that will change. Kickers who are not football players need time to develop the football mentality.

There is no excuse for talking down about any high school players, especially if they play for the team you profess to pull for. I can guarantee every kid on the team wants to win, they have all poured their heart and soul into every run, every practice, every game, and to have anyone (most likely a person that has never played a team sport) say anything in a negative manner is simply wrong!!! I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I was taught right from wrong, and it's not enough to say "I just call them like I see them" and then feel like you can say whatever you wish. It's not fair to the kids involved and you are wrong for doing this. No pulling punches, right?

There is no excuse for talking down about any high school players, especially if they play for the team you profess to pull for. I can guarantee every kid on the team wants to win, they have all poured their heart and soul into every run, every practice, every game, and to have anyone (most likely a person that has never played a team sport) say anything in a negative manner is simply wrong!!! I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I was taught right from wrong, and it's not enough to say "I just call them like I see them" and then feel like you can say whatever you wish. It's not fair to the kids involved and you are wrong for doing this. No pulling punches, right?

I don't guess I have the intention of defending his remarks, but you are taking them way too seriously. If you will read what he wrote, it was not inflammatory in any fashion. You say that to say anything in a negative manner is simply wrong, and I have to say that I do not agree with you. Yes, we are discussing a game, and the game we are discussing is a game played by 14-19 year olds. However, I don't think they are quite as fragile as you make them out to be. Lighten up a bit. We can not efficiently discuss football without pointing out what the ups/downs of a team are. If the downs are a kicking game, then that should be pointed out. Razorback did so without any malice or intentional defamation.

In other words, "Good grief man - get over it!"

Trenton's kicking game is questionable at best. That is a fact. I am a Trenton fan. I am no less of a fan for saying so. Apparently Razorback is a Trenton fan as well, and I think no less of him for stating the point in what was a rather mild manner.

I don't guess I have the intention of defending his remarks, but you are taking them way too seriously. If you will read what he wrote, it was not inflammatory in any fashion. You say that to say anything in a negative manner is simply wrong, and I have to say that I do not agree with you. Yes, we are discussing a game, and the game we are discussing is a game played by 14-19 year olds. However, I don't think they are quite as fragile as you make them out to be. Lighten up a bit. We can not efficiently discuss football without pointing out what the ups/downs of a team are. If the downs are a kicking game, then that should be pointed out. Razorback did so without any malice or intentional defamation.

In other words, "Good grief man - get over it!"

Trenton's kicking game is questionable at best. That is a fact. I am a Trenton fan. I am no less of a fan for saying so. Apparently Razorback is a Trenton fan as well, and I think no less of him for stating the point in what was a rather mild manner.

I'm all for discussion, if you say the kicking game is suspect, then leave it at that. I just don't think it is right to go farther than that. These kids give it their all, at all positions, shouldn't that be enough? His thoughts can certainly be defended, but prefacing it with "I call them like I see them" does not constitute the right to say just anything. These are High School kids, not professionals, please try and remember that before posting, that's all I'm asking.

I'm all for discussion, if you say the kicking game is suspect, then leave it at that. I just don't think it is right to go farther than that. These kids give it their all, at all positions, shouldn't that be enough? His thoughts can certainly be defended, but prefacing it with "I call them like I see them" does not constitute the right to say just anything. These are High School kids, not professionals, please try and remember that before posting, that's all I'm asking.

I am most certainly positive that it is not politically correct to say so, but I have been working in relation to high school athletics long enough to know that not all of "these kids...give it their all, at all positions." There are plenty that do, but there are more than enough that do not.

What I am saying is what does "give it their all" mean? There are plenty that only give what is required and end up riding the coattails of an extremely athletic quarterback, back, lineman, etc...

Hypothetically, could it even be remotely possible that a kicker could have worked harder on his own before/after/outside of practice to insure that 90% or better of extra points were a sure thing? I think so.

So, my suggestion would be to get your feelings off of your sleeve and engage in intelligent, possibly even critical discussion of the facts at hand relating to the game to be played. I think it rather infantile to resort to motherlike statements such as, "these kids give it their all." Kinda bleedin heart, if you ask me.

And, if it takes one to be a professional before critique can be applied, you need to have ESPN and their kind cease "College Game Day" type shows. It is a fact of the society we live in. People like sports and people will criticize. As long as that criticism/critique doesn't cross the line of attacking someone personally in some kind of degrading manner it is fair game and, in my opinion, a healthy discussion to have.

As Forrest says, "That's all I got to say about that."

What can we expect Friday at the pasture? I feel Peabody will score it's share of points. I think a missed extra point or two could easily at some point come back to bite them. I think the key to the game is Peabody's defensive line and outside linebackers. Other than Crenshaw's shored-up play over the last couple of weeks, you have really only heard about the defensive ends. The tackles and OLBs will have to step up their game in order to stop GP. Also, GP will be testing a young corner in that #22 - Collier. And, don't forget - Milan burned Harper twice. They rocked him to sleep by not throwing his way for nearly 1/2 the game.

Peabody has a lot (I hope the grammar-cougar sees that) going for them. I think perhaps the most important thing is the intangible feeling of confidence that they can now win a big game after beating the number 3 and 5 ranked teams in 2A during the 1st and 3rd rounds of the playoffs.

I am most certainly positive that it is not politically correct to say so, but I have been working in relation to high school athletics long enough to know that not all of "these kids...give it their all, at all positions." There are plenty that do, but there are more than enough that do not.

What I am saying is what does "give it their all" mean? There are plenty that only give what is required and end up riding the coattails of an extremely athletic quarterback, back, lineman, etc...

Hypothetically, could it even be remotely possible that a kicker could have worked harder on his own before/after/outside of practice to insure that 90% or better of extra points were a sure thing? I think so.

So, my suggestion would be to get your feelings off of your sleeve and engage in intelligent, possibly even critical discussion of the facts at hand relating to the game to be played. I think it rather infantile to resort to motherlike statements such as, "these kids give it their all." Kinda bleedin heart, if you ask me.

And, if it takes one to be a professional before critique can be applied, you need to have ESPN and their kind cease "College Game Day" type shows. It is a fact of the society we live in. People like sports and people will criticize. As long as that criticism/critique doesn't cross the line of attacking someone personally in some kind of degrading manner it is fair game and, in my opinion, a healthy discussion to have.

As Forrest says, "That's all I got to say about that."

What can we expect Friday at the pasture? I feel Peabody will score it's share of points. I think a missed extra point or two could easily at some point come back to bite them. I think the key to the game is Peabody's defensive line and outside linebackers. Other than Crenshaw's shored-up play over the last couple of weeks, you have really only heard about the defensive ends. The tackles and OLBs will have to step up their game in order to stop GP. Also, GP will be testing a young corner in that #22 - Collier. And, don't forget - Milan burned Harper twice. They rocked him to sleep by not throwing his way for nearly 1/2 the game.

Peabody has a lot (I hope the grammar-cougar sees that) going for them. I think perhaps the most important thing is the intangible feeling of confidence that they can now win a big game after beating the number 3 and 5 ranked teams in 2A during the 1st and 3rd rounds of the playoffs.

Right on, the D front for Peabody will have to slow down the GP running game. Not stop them, just slow them down, force them into 3rd and long, and not let this become a track meet. Protect the football on offense, convert 3rd downs and grind GP into hamburger. Play a little keep away and then unleash Harper in the fourth quarter. I fear if they get into a we score you score kind of game, Peabody might not pull this one out. I think this game will be a lot like the Milan game......he who turns the ball over goes home. And there is no way the Tide will be even the slightest bit intimadated. Look for #47 Hunter Bush to see more action Friday, and come up with a big play. As far as AJ goes, yes they will prob. pick on him, but he can handle it. No way do they even think about going at Harper on D. He had an off night at milan, they know that. The D ends just need to have another day at the office, but Miller needs to be more involved in the offense this week than he has been. In the kick return game I think we will be dead even. On the kickoff team we know big Matt Morris will be the first guy down.....he nedds to make sure tackels and not let the returner get started. No turn overs, no mental break downs and we win.