Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know of any Goodpasture fan that thinks this will be a blow out. If anything I am worried about GP's ability to stop a QB that can run. Lowry for CPA had 250 yds. I think this is a bad matchup for GP, and I think this will be a fight to the end. It seems mor people are picking Peabody. Back in my day it was the two bands who were the big rivals.

This is a good point made by DANR. When HC played GP Friday night we put #3 D.J. Key in at QB in the 4th quarter. He had good success running against GP when he got the snap. He rushed 9 times for 81 yards and a TD in the 4th. So if Peabody has a good QB that can RUN with the ball GP may be in for a long night.

This is a good point made by DANR. When HC played GP Friday night we put #3 D.J. Key in at QB in the 4th quarter. He had good success running against GP when he got the snap. He rushed 9 times for 81 yards and a TD in the 4th. So if Peabody has a good QB that can RUN with the ball GP may be in for a long night.

Yes what was the score in the game when that qb started running wild against the cougar defense?

lowery of CPA did give goodpasture trouble 2 weeks in a row

he ran out of the shotgun similar to florida

does the peabody qb run that or just scrabbles?

Peabody is a 'spread' team. Shotgun every snap.

QB has visited Knoxville twice this fall and Bama once, among others.

But, I keep telling anyone that will listen, these guys ain't bad.

mbsdude, Moxen was responding to an Alcoa fan who was talking about which one of these 2 (Peabody or GP) they would be playing in the championship. In other words, assuming victory over whomever Alcoa plays this week.

Thus, Moxen's sarcasm.

You need to get your facts straight skyhawk. That was westtnstate04 that said that. The last time i remember ALCOA was in east not west tn. Just to let you know we don't take any one lightly. DCA is a very good team and we need to come out strong. So know one is overlooking them but they will have to play really good on defense to have a chance friday night. Just wanted to clear that up since someone doesn't check any facts!~

You need to get your facts straight skyhawk. That was westtnstate04 that said that. The last time i remember ALCOA was in east not west tn. Just to let you know we don't take any one lightly. DCA is a very good team and we need to come out strong. So know one is overlooking them but they will have to play really good on defense to have a chance friday night. Just wanted to clear that up since someone doesn't check any facts!~

My bad. I just knew someone had assumed Alcoa's win.

Should have checked who said it.

As a Peabody fan, I have only one (1) fear going into this game and that is the special teams play and the virtual lack of a kicking game. In every Peabody game I've attended this year, our kicking game has been suspect and trumped by the opposition in most games. It's a good thing that Peabody averages 30 points a game and gives up 20, so the kicking game really hasn't come into play. Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on Jake (kicker) or Brandon (punter). They are great kids, but are average at best. If I were Coach Scott, I would forego a PAT, and try a 2 point conversion after every TD. When you have 2 great running backs, the odds are in your favor. I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal to win or tie the game. I don't like our chances, although I would love to be proved wrong. ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!!!

it is the playoffs so the kicking game comes into play

cougars have a history of blocking kicks and

a good return game

special teams could decide this one