Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

I think Peabody has improved greatly over the season...they are peaking at the right time...I will pull for Trenton as I would love someone from our region to bring a gold ball to West Tenn, but I think Goodpasture will be a handful for them...Trenton has to play perfect ball to win...Goodpasture is too good to beat with anything less

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make a prediction. GP wins by double digits. I've been thinking on it, and I think they have more teams speed than Trenton. Yeah, Peabody is probably a better team than they were in Week 1 when my Lions beat them, but all those players can't have just 'got faster'. GP's speed keeps them from giving up the big play. The two times I've seen T-P it seems they rely a lot on the big play, whether from the halfback or quarterback. You're gonna have to completely minimize mistakes and keep the ball outta GP's hands... I just can;t see it happening.

I hope Trenton wins and takes the gold ball, but I just can't see it...

u will not stop harper and johnson nobody has stoped them since half time of the first milan game

I'll tell everyone on here this...as stupid as it may sound I DO believe it's the truth!!! Gibson Co. did hold Kendal do 2 TD's and like 118 yards rushing and held Tamias to 42 yards on like 17 or 18 carries and Trenton escaped that game with a Kendal TD with 13 seconds left in the game and they won 14-10...My point in saying this is that I believe after this close of a game that Trenton should've won rather handily, I believe it opened up the players eyes and Coach Scott gave them an ear full...Even though they did lose to Milan the next week (turnovers cost them that game) from there on out it was cruise control for Trenton as they have beaten JCS, USJ, Westview, Carver, and now Milan...This team has their eyes set on 1 thing with that 1 thing being a gold ball!!!! I'm not going to pick against Trenton here or in possibly the Clinic Bowl just because their our cross town rival...Trenton Friday night looked like a team that was worthy of winning a state championship and played like state champions!!! Good Luck to Trenton Friday night against Goodpasture!!!

for all you gp fans who think this is gona be a blowout. i got some news for you. milan gave ya'll a fit last year and this years milan team was better than last years and peabody beat them because they have been the hottest team in the west and middle since week 8. if gp wins this game and that's a big IF it will be only because of going this deep in the playoff experience. it will be a close high scoring game. as far as alcoa losing a game. that game is lost almost every year to their border town 5a monsters maryville who are probaly the best high school team in the state year in and year out and always ranked nationally so you do the math. this dawg from milan picks peabody 48-40. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

for all you gp fans who think this is gona be a blowout. i got some news for you. milan gave ya'll a fit last year and this years milan team was better than last years and peabody beat them because they have been the hottest team in the west and middle since week 8. if gp wins this game and that's a big IF it will be only because of going this deep in the playoff experience. it will be a close high scoring game. as far as alcoa losing a game. that game is lost almost every year to their border town 5a monsters maryville who are probaly the best high school team in the state year in and year out and always ranked nationally so you do the math. this dawg from milan picks peabody 48-40. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville is 4A

HOLD ON, YOU AIN'T BEEN ON A RIDE LIKE THIS BEFORE

Go Peabody. Knock Big Bad Goodpasture off its pedestal. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Only 15,better edit your post before divepix sees it.You should have put 40.

OK, I give up. What does this post mean? I haven't even posted on this game, and I am not a GP fan. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Anyway, IMO, when you get to the semis, games will be tight and you will have some surprises. I believe a team that can put 40 on Milan can beat GP, so this game will be a matter of who plays the best and makes the least mistakes.

I say GP wins, but my opinion is based on their proven ability this year to pull out big wins against really good teams in the 4th quarter.