Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know of any Goodpasture fan that thinks this will be a blow out. If anything I am worried about GP's ability to stop a QB that can run. Lowry for CPA had 250 yds. I think this is a bad matchup for GP, and I think this will be a fight to the end. It seems mor people are picking Peabody. Back in my day it was the two bands who were the big rivals.

I'll make a prediction. GP wins by double digits. I've been thinking on it, and I think they have more teams speed than Trenton. Yeah, Peabody is probably a better team than they were in Week 1 when my Lions beat them, but all those players can't have just 'got faster'. GP's speed keeps them from giving up the big play. The two times I've seen T-P it seems they rely a lot on the big play, whether from the halfback or quarterback. You're gonna have to completely minimize mistakes and keep the ball outta GP's hands... I just can;t see it happening.I hope Trenton wins and takes the gold ball, but I just can't see it...

Your right on with this post, but your reasioning for Peabody not winning this game is faulty. Goodpasture prob. does have more team speed.....but so did Westview,Carver, and Milan. You will see the same game plan from the Tide this week......pound the heck out of the defense. Keep their offense of the field, and controll the clock. Westview nor Milan could stop it .....do you really think GP can? It's true GP defensive speed keeps them from giving up the big play.....but news flash......Peabody dosen't have to have the big play to win this one. In fact most of the Tides big plays have come from sheer wear on the defense. Johnson will chew them up all night. Ground and pound......thats what you do to a fast defense.....run it right down their throat! After Johnson has hit them in the body so many times they will slow down. Then Harper sprints around left end......kind of like a hook to the gaw.......and you know what that means! Good night GP.

I don't know of any Goodpasture fan that thinks this will be a blow out. If anything I am worried about GP's ability to stop a QB that can run. Lowry for CPA had 250 yds. I think this is a bad matchup for GP, and I think this will be a fight to the end. It seems mor people are picking Peabody. Back in my day it was the two bands who were the big rivals.

HA!!!! you said the "B" word

rcombs now thats just a great post there...I haven't seen Peabody play. I'm sure they are a great team but I see GP pulling this one out in a very tight game. (Cunningham is as quick as i have seen this year..super fast) Everyone keeps talking about ALCOA ALCOA the machine they are...any team on any given day can be beat. What is Alcoa's record? O yeah thats right they have LOST this year..I wouldn't seal the deal and give the 2A title to Alcoa until they win it...if they can.

In the last three years they have only lost to Maryville three times and Fulton once. The only teams that can beat them or even have a chance are the teams that can win state championships.

As a Peabody fan, I have only one (1) fear going into this game and that is the special teams play and the virtual lack of a kicking game. In every Peabody game I've attended this year, our kicking game has been suspect and trumped by the opposition in most games. It's a good thing that Peabody averages 30 points a game and gives up 20, so the kicking game really hasn't come into play. Don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on Jake (kicker) or Brandon (punter). They are great kids, but are average at best. If I were Coach Scott, I would forego a PAT, and try a 2 point conversion after every TD. When you have 2 great running backs, the odds are in your favor. I hope it doesn't come down to a field goal to win or tie the game. I don't like our chances, although I would love to be proved wrong. ROLL GOLDEN TIDE!!!

If a running QB gives GP trouble....prepair for shock and awe!