Goodpasture Vs Peabody

CougarBrown

I will slow it down so you can see it.

sorry to let you know, but that is actually harpeth last year. and yes it is #24 benny cunningham returning the kick, but it is also #44 justin oubre blocking the kick and by the way this is when they both were sophmores. i understand you thinking if this was dca just because both games were blowouts!!!!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on, the D front for Peabody will have to slow down the GP running game. Not stop them, just slow them down, force them into 3rd and long, and not let this become a track meet. Protect the football on offense, convert 3rd downs and grind GP into hamburger. Play a little keep away and then unleash Harper in the fourth quarter. I fear if they get into a we score you score kind of game, Peabody might not pull this one out. I think this game will be a lot like the Milan game......he who turns the ball over goes home. And there is no way the Tide will be even the slightest bit intimadated. Look for #47 Hunter Bush to see more action Friday, and come up with a big play. As far as AJ goes, yes they will prob. pick on him, but he can handle it. No way do they even think about going at Harper on D. He had an off night at milan, they know that. The D ends just need to have another day at the office, but Miller needs to be more involved in the offense this week than he has been. In the kick return game I think we will be dead even. On the kickoff team we know big Matt Morris will be the first guy down.....he nedds to make sure tackels and not let the returner get started. No turn overs, no mental break downs and we win.

See the bold print above I added to your post. You are suggesting the key to winning is to do exaclty what CPA did to GP. CPA did win time of possession, the problem is that GP seems to thrive on long yardage and their speed still kills you. CPA had them in 3rd and long several times and they still broke long runs. However, CPA gave up 6 TD's in regulation - 1 kickoff return - 1 long pass on 3rd and long - 2 other long runs - and one short run after a long run.

GP didn't win time of possession but they are so explosive it doesn't matter.

I can't prove it, but I still think CPA was the 3rd best team in the state and would beat Peabody, so I have to take GP. The west has yet to prove they can beat Middle or East Tennessee the last few years.

I am most certainly positive that it is not politically correct to say so, but I have been working in relation to high school athletics long enough to know that not all of "these kids...give it their all, at all positions." There are plenty that do, but there are more than enough that do not.

What I am saying is what does "give it their all" mean? There are plenty that only give what is required and end up riding the coattails of an extremely athletic quarterback, back, lineman, etc...

Hypothetically, could it even be remotely possible that a kicker could have worked harder on his own before/after/outside of practice to insure that 90% or better of extra points were a sure thing? I think so.

So, my suggestion would be to get your feelings off of your sleeve and engage in intelligent, possibly even critical discussion of the facts at hand relating to the game to be played. I think it rather infantile to resort to motherlike statements such as, "these kids give it their all." Kinda bleedin heart, if you ask me.

And, if it takes one to be a professional before critique can be applied, you need to have ESPN and their kind cease "College Game Day" type shows. It is a fact of the society we live in. People like sports and people will criticize. As long as that criticism/critique doesn't cross the line of attacking someone personally in some kind of degrading manner it is fair game and, in my opinion, a healthy discussion to have.

As Forrest says, "That's all I got to say about that."

What can we expect Friday at the pasture? I feel Peabody will score it's share of points. I think a missed extra point or two could easily at some point come back to bite them. I think the key to the game is Peabody's defensive line and outside linebackers. Other than Crenshaw's shored-up play over the last couple of weeks, you have really only heard about the defensive ends. The tackles and OLBs will have to step up their game in order to stop GP. Also, GP will be testing a young corner in that #22 - Collier. And, don't forget - Milan burned Harper twice. They rocked him to sleep by not throwing his way for nearly 1/2 the game.

Peabody has a lot (I hope the grammar-cougar sees that) going for them. I think perhaps the most important thing is the intangible feeling of confidence that they can now win a big game after beating the number 3 and 5 ranked teams in 2A during the 1st and 3rd rounds of the playoffs.

Please don't let me get in the way of whatever ax you may have to grind, grind away. I will say nothing else about this matter.

See the bold print above I added to your post. You are suggesting the key to winning is to do exaclty what CPA did to GP. CPA did win time of possession, the problem is that GP seems to thrive on long yardage and their speed still kills you. CPA had them in 3rd and long several times and they still broke long runs. However, CPA gave up 6 TD's in regulation - 1 kickoff return - 1 long pass on 3rd and long - 2 other long runs - and one short run after a long run.

GP didn't win time of possession but they are so explosive it doesn't matter.

I can't prove it, but I still think CPA was the 3rd best team in the state and would beat Peabody, so I have to take GP. The west has yet to prove they can beat Middle or East Tennessee the last few years.

CPA has a great team to be sure. But please don't think Peabody dosen't bring team speed to the game. What I am saying is keep it close, then let Kendal go. I will assure you GP has not seen anything like Harper since they played Alcoa last year. I know how explosive GP's offfense can be, and I think Peabody can match them score for score. But if The Tide can jump out on top, frustrate GP's offense by not allowing long runs, make them predictable, and be close late, Kendal Harper is the kind of player who can take over a game late, and run away with it. I don't think this is how the game will go, I just think its the way Peabody should approach it.

I see the game being a track meet! 80 points plus total. The last team with the ball wins!

Please don't let me get in the way of whatever ax you may have to grind, grind away. I will say nothing else about this matter.

I am as far from having an ax to grind as possible. In truth I couldn't give two turds about it all - I just hate reading cliche'd statements like "these kids give their all..."

I've been there coaching them in years past, and I know it has progressed to the point where even on the good teams, many of them still don't give everything they have. It is rare to see the majority of any team with a truely sold out mentality.

But, you are right. What the heck are we doing? Have I not got something better to do?

I must be a loser.

Let me offer my congrats to Coach Scott, his staff and the entire Peabody team on advancing this far. I had a chance to watch the Tide defeat Mckenzie earlier in the season and was very impressed with the multi-talented QB as Harper did everything but sell popcorn at halftime /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> They can put points on the board and the defense can be stingy at times. Good luck Golden Tide in the 2A semifinals as you represent your community and all of West TN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I know how good both teams are, because I've seen both of them play. Goodpasture is a great team probably the fastest I've seen all year. Trenton will have to play a physical game against the Cougars, and won't be able to let up on D all night. This should be a good game looking at how these two teams have been playing lately. My pick for this game Goodpasture.

Trenton I mean no disrespect to yall I'm from the West as well. I hope Trenton beats Goodpasture by 50 if it were possible, but I'm just being realistic. Trenton go out and Make us WEST TENNESSEEANS PROUD. ROLL TIDE!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />