Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

Duckman, you are a class act. The bottomline is west tn has owned the semis against middle tn schools since the ABCs were bumped. West tn schools have the right to talk the smack, I just think it is MP turn this year and gets the monkey off middle tn schools back. I hope all practices from the remaining four schools are safe from injury this week.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it easy on 'em Rebels...Let the subs get some action in this game...McKenzie by 28....From what I've heard most Middle TN teams don't have the passing games like here in the west...It's going to be a long night for Mt. Pleasant...Just wait!!

Jo Byrns has a great passing game and look what happened. (JB QB has over 2300 yds passing this season, Ill call that a pass attack). MtP won the game off 2 big things, clock management and making points off of turnovers, like Ive said before that 2nd possesion by MtP was 11:30 min drive, that almost a whole qtr. and they scored off of JB turnovers, so pass all you want, if you let MtP run the ball 2-3 yards a play, they will slowly and surly score, so unless McKenzie can cause turnovers and score fast, they will not win by no 28, maybe 10 or 14 point margin in favor of the Rebels.

Jo Byrns has a great passing game and look what happened. (JB QB has over 2300 yds passing this season, Ill call that a pass attack). MtP won the game off 2 big things, clock management and making points off of turnovers, like Ive said before that 2nd possesion by MtP was 11:30 min drive, that almost a whole qtr. and they scored off of JB turnovers, so pass all you want, if you let MtP run the ball 2-3 yards a play, they will slowly and surly score, so unless McKenzie can cause turnovers and score fast, they will not win by no 28, maybe 10 or 14 point margin in favor of the Rebels.

If you check McKenzie's stats we are not a "passing" team really!! We can if we need to and want to and do it well. But, we will not be one dimensional to say the least!!

Duckman, you are a class act. The bottomline is west tn has owned the semis against middle tn schools since the ABCs were bumped. West tn schools have the right to talk the smack, I just think it is MP turn this year and gets the monkey off middle tn schools back. I hope all practices from the remaining four schools are safe from injury this week.

Thank you sir, and really it's not about west vs. middle vs. east TN. It's about individual teams/communities vs. others. Sure, we would be proud to bring another win back to west TN and especially a Gold Ball but, it's a Rebel thang now for us. Just like it is for Mt. Pleasant. We all welcome all the support we can get but, in the end it's about us vs. MP.

Hey duckman...I'm going to 'boro no matter who is playing and I'm praying that I get to see McKenzie and Trenton play that Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!! In 3A I'd love to see Mitchell there as I heard they have an outstanding QB in Ken Torry....If you guys do make it to the 'boro possibly you should save us 2 seats in the McKenzie section to make it just that much more louder lol...If you guys are there I'll be cheering just as much as the McKenzie folks will be because I love to see teams from around here win the gold!

Well at least somebody's catching on to what I'm talking about. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well at least somebody's catching on to what I'm talking about. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

What you need to understand is that McKenzie will stop the 2 and 3 yard runs. Best defense in Single A this year I believe. And we score early and we score all the way to the 4th quarter. Should be a good game until halftime, then McKenzie puts a nail in the coffin in the second. Been doing it all year against good teams in both classes, Single A and Double AA. Ask Huntingdon and Trenton. We lost to Trenton with about 1:30 left in the ballgame. Trenton is in the final four. Only team to beat us. Taking nothing away from a great season for Mt.P but I believe McKenzie will be too much for you. GO REBELS !

What you need to understand is that McKenzie will stop the 2 and 3 yard runs. Best defense in Single A this year I believe. And we score early and we score all the way to the 4th quarter. Should be a good game until halftime, then McKenzie puts a nail in the coffin in the second. Been doing it all year against good teams in both classes, Single A and Double AA. Ask Huntingdon and Trenton. We lost to Trenton with about 1:30 left in the ballgame. Trenton is in the final four. Only team to beat us. Taking nothing away from a great season for Mt.P but I believe McKenzie will be too much for you. GO REBELS !

Your not going against Bruceton's O line either. MPs is much bigger and stronger. They are like Jeckel and Hyde though. We'll see if they come to play. There backs block well too. EVERYBODY blocks.

Actually from what I saw last night, TCA was not a balanced team against top notch opponents!!! The QB was not a very good passer at all and because of the offense thay use they actually had 2 RB's on the field (one set up as a slot back more or less!) They were advertised as balanced but, in reality we only saw two balanced team all season. Trenton Peabody (who is in the semi's this week in AA also) and Union City. But, we're down to "run what ya' brung" time now and there is no time to change.

As for stopping what hasn't been stopped, the Rebels stopped Chad Jordan from Bruceton the last two season and nobody else did. This season he only had 65 yards rushing on us and our QB had 85 yards rushing!!! Pretty similar last season but, last season doesn't matter. My ONLY point is the Rebels are capable of the task on any given night.

I expect a good game this week. These two teams are familiar with each other from pre season scrimmages so it could get interesting.

First, Chad Jordan and Marco Daily are different backs. Daily has a Kendall Harper type poetry-in-motion running style that quite frankly Jordan (a sledge hammer) does not have. Daily has an uncanny ability to read blocks and defenders and in terms of explosiveness and cut back ability, there's no comparison.

The problem w/MP is their offense scheme. McKenzie will be the best team they have played all year, including Lewis Co., but MP has improved up front and tweaked their offense. It should be an interesting game. That JCS beat down last year is overblown. The MP team speed is much better w/ younger guys with speed to burn. MP didn't even cover a guy one play and that was freebee TD. MP can't quit if they get down. They gotta stay focused. They can win this game, even with this system.

I also know very little about yall Rebels, so Im talking from watching MtP this past friday, Im sure McKenzie knows how to stop MtP.

I'll doubt Mt. Pleasant will be the best team McKenzie has faced thus far...McKenzie has been unfaced in most games besides the Union City 42-39 win and the 34-24 loss to Trenton...McKenzie's strength rank on coacht is fourth so you can't say that McKenzie has not played a tough schedule...Their Defense is as solid as a rock with 5 shutouts and held the opponent under 10 points in 4 games as well...That's a pretty stellar Defense...To talk about the offense, they have scored more than 20 points in EVERY game this season!!!!!! If that doesn't tell everyone something right there then you don't know the game of football...I said early that I think McKenzie would win this game by 28+ and I'll stick to it...Mt. Pleasant is about to see an insanely good Offense and an insanely good Defense!!!!

I'll doubt Mt. Pleasant will be the best team McKenzie has faced thus far...McKenzie has been unfaced in most games besides the Union City 42-39 win and the 34-24 loss to Trenton...McKenzie's strength rank on coacht is fourth so you can't say that McKenzie has not played a tough schedule...Their Defense is as solid as a rock with 5 shutouts and held the opponent under 10 points in 4 games as well...That's a pretty stellar Defense...To talk about the offense, they have scored more than 20 points in EVERY game this season!!!!!! If that doesn't tell everyone something right there then you don't know the game of football...I said early that I think McKenzie would win this game by 28+ and I'll stick to it...Mt. Pleasant is about to see an insanely good Offense and an insanely good Defense!!!!

Almost the same to say about JB when MtP was goin to face them last Friday on stats on Off/Def They have scored over 35 pts a game besides two, one they scored 28 and then the loss to MP they scored 21. Def. they have had 3 shutouts and 4 games were the team scores under 7 points. 3 games where the scored 13,19,13 and the loss to White House Heritage 34 and loss to MP 31, so stats arent everything BUT Im still convinced by yall McKenzie faithful that have a team and from the past know how to win, so I aint talking bad about yall