Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before our enthusiastic Pirate fans get a little too deep with their predictions let me tell what I know about Hampton. I saw them play in the Semis last year against Friendship Christian. They are basically the same team that gave FC all they wanted only losing 24-7 to the eventual state runner-ups. Hampton is not as fast as SP but in the game against FC they were surprisingly quick for a bunch of big guys. The FC team that they played last year was a lot better than this years FC team so don't compare scores. SP has not faced a team this year with a bigger line...these guys are huge for a 1A team. I expect they will come right at us and try to mash us. They are so big they will have some success running the ball. They also can go gun and spread and throw effectively. They are much like us in that respect since we are a run first, pass sometimes team. Just remember any team that is 13-0 and has made it to the Semis 2 years running is a good football team.

One us will also have to face 1 of 2 very good football teams from the west. I think McKenzie (12-1) is the western version of the Pirates and will be the team in the Boro but Mt Pleasant can not be overlooked. McKenzie only lost to 2A Peabody who is playing Goodpasture in the 2A semis. McKenzie is playing Mt Pleasant (10-2 ) who has not played consistantly all year but that is coming on strong in the playoffs and they have last years Mr Football and this years finalist Marco Dailey. All this is to make a point...all 4 teams in the Semis are very good football teams, all won their region and all defeated the other region champs in the quarters last night. There are no more easy games...there are no more blowouts. Any one of these 4 teams has the potential to win the Gold Ball. Get your feet on the ground.

Hey zone, do me a favor next week for the game, turn off the wind in Beene Stadium. It was freezing last night. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I'll put the order in Monday morning /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The forcast says a high of 54 on Friday so game time temps will probably be in the low 40s - upper 30s. Still going to be cold.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> that is a very good point. I am sorry the post I put came out the wrong way. What I was meaning is that Hampton has a far better chance if the score remains low, and they don't have to put up 50 to win. Like I said earlier, if Hampton just pounds out that clock and runs all night to get SP tired they have a good chance. All this being said I also want to bring up that SP can pound it too. #24 is HUGE and he will bring some hits on the defense.

We knew what you meant but it was too good to pass up /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

The Pirates proved last night they can drive the ball. The 2 longest drives we have had all season were against G'ville's very talented D line. Most of the plays in both drives were between the tackles. We are not just a sweep team although we will hit you on the edge too

NO DISRESPECT TO REGION 4 BUT THEY HAD PRETTY AVERAGE RECORDS THIS YEAR IT SEEMS IF YOU COULD BEAT ONE OF THEM YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT THEM ALL WHICH YOU HAVE DONE

Hmmmm .....you don't know much about Region 4 do you. I am just happy we survived the "gauntlet". We are region 4 battle tested and certified. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Hmmmm .....you don't know much about Region 4 do you. I am just happy we survived the "gauntlet". We are region 4 battle tested and certified. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Aw he has misposted Zone. He knows region 4 very well. They lost two years running to them. He hopes region 4 was down is what he meant to say. If not.................you fill in the blanks. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Before our enthusiastic Pirate fans get a little too deep with their predictions let me tell what I know about Hampton. I saw them play in the Semis last year against Friendship Christian. They are basically the same team that gave FC all they wanted only losing 24-7 to the eventual state runner-ups. Hampton is not as fast as SP but in the game against FC they were surprisingly quick for a bunch of big guys. The FC team that they played last year was a lot better than this years FC team so don't compare scores. SP has not faced a team this year with a bigger line...these guys are huge for a 1A team. I expect they will come right at us and try to mash us. They are so big they will have some success running the ball. They also can go gun and spread and throw effectively. They are much like us in that respect since we are a run first, pass sometimes team. Just remember any team that is 13-0 and has made it to the Semis 2 years running is a good football team.

One us will also have to face 1 of 2 very good football teams from the west. I think McKenzie (12-1) is the western version of the Pirates and will be the team in the Boro but Mt Pleasant can not be overlooked. McKenzie only lost to 2A Peabody who is playing Goodpasture in the 2A semis. McKenzie is playing Mt Pleasant (10-2 ) who has not played consistantly all year but that is coming on strong in the playoffs and they have last years Mr Football and this years finalist Marco Dailey. All this is to make a point...all 4 teams in the Semis are very good football teams, all won their region and all defeated the other region champs in the quarters last night. There are no more easy games...there are no more blowouts. Any one of these 4 teams has the potential to win the Gold Ball. Get your feet on the ground.

Most sensible post i've read yet.GO BULLDOGS

AWESOME POST. IT WAS VERY RESPECTABLE..........GO DOGSSSSS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fri Aug. 31 at Marion Co. Tournament at Sullivan South W 47-19

Fri Sep. 7 at Copper Basin R W 53-0

Fri Sep. 14 Lookout Valley R W 41-6

Sat Sep. 22 at David Brainerd R W 49-0

Fri Sep. 28 Tyner Academy W 25-21

Fri Oct. 5 Whitwell R W 56-7

Fri Oct. 12 at Boyd Buchanan W 47-7

Fri Oct. 19 at Silverdale Academy R W 52-7

Fri Oct. 26 Temple R W 69-6

Fri Nov. 2 Grace Baptist Academy R W 72-19

Fri Nov. 9 Trousdale Co. 1A Playoff W 32-16

Fri Nov. 16 Friendship Christian 1A Playoff W 49-7

Fri Nov. 23 Gordonsville Class 1A Qtrfinal W 33-13

way to go pirates! TAKE A GOOD LOOK HAMPTON YOUR NEXT TO WALK THE PLANK! IMPRESSIVE ANT IT.

If you say so. Let's play the game frist. Then you can run that mouth on Saturday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Dogs are 13 an 0. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How long have you been watching high school football? Nobody and I mean nobody is a 21 point favorite at this point in the season. You have 4 teams left and all 4 won their regions and played hard to get to this point. Don't even spout this crap on here, your only going to make a fool of yourself!!

well Maryville and Alcoa usually are. And the way SP has been playing and beat region 4 like they did 21 point favorites doesn't seem as crazy as it sounds, predictions are just fun and games. It is in their hands to make it happen.. predictions don't mean anything so don't get so worked up

Good luck to both yer teams. Ole possumtowner thinks S Pitt has the best team in 1A this year jest cause they got one of the best teams dese ole eyes have ever seen. Jest too many weapons. Lookin forward to Hampton fans talkin bout bustin em in da mouth dis week. Got to catch dem fellers first.

One piece of advice from ole Possumtowner fer my friends in Hampton. Run rite at em and throw over the middle. You cant run outside on S Pitt. Aint gonna happen

You fellers are in fer a treat and again good luck to both teams

Hello poss! It's been a long time but tell us Hampton fans...how does SP compare to Trousdale 2 years ago?