Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

I know I know you have speed too... but 6 back;s with 4.6 speed or better? and you never know which will get the ball. so what do you do? double team robinson, Jones will run over you, double him and Mitchell will run around you no matter what you do to #24 robinson he will run around and over you.. our whole line bench's over 300lbs with one that Bench's 425..

Sounds like you are decsribing our team Geno, you just left out a couple of backs. We got a few weapons too! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I hope we can make it an interesting game. Good luck to both teams!

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen people saying that Hampton shouldn't try to outscore SP, but I think they need to outscore them to win the game. Whether it's 7-6 or 42-35, I think they'll need more points to win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> that is a very good point. I am sorry the post I put came out the wrong way. What I was meaning is that Hampton has a far better chance if the score remains low, and they don't have to put up 50 to win. Like I said earlier, if Hampton just pounds out that clock and runs all night to get SP tired they have a good chance. All this being said I also want to bring up that SP can pound it too. #24 is HUGE and he will bring some hits on the defense.

Good luck to both yer teams. Ole possumtowner thinks S Pitt has the best team in 1A this year jest cause they got one of the best teams dese ole eyes have ever seen. Jest too many weapons. Lookin forward to Hampton fans talkin bout bustin em in da mouth dis week. Got to catch dem fellers first.

One piece of advice from ole Possumtowner fer my friends in Hampton. Run rite at em and throw over the middle. You cant run outside on S Pitt. Aint gonna happen

You fellers are in fer a treat and again good luck to both teams

NO DISRESPECT TO REGION 4 BUT THEY HAD PRETTY AVERAGE RECORDS THIS YEAR IT SEEMS IF YOU COULD BEAT ONE OF THEM YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT THEM ALL WHICH YOU HAVE DONE I JUST DON'T THINK THEY WERE AS STRONG THIS YEAR AS THEY HAVE BEEN IN RECENT YEARS.NO DOUBT YOU ALL ARE THE FAVORITES WE AT HAMPTON ARE USED TO BEING THE UNDERDOG IN ALL SPORTS BUT WE HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KNOCK OFF ONES WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO ONE THING IS FOR SURE THESE GUYS ARE NOT AFRAID OF ANYBODY IT SHOULD BE FUN.

Don't start knocking Region 4!!! Remember your traveling down here. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't start knocking Region 4!!! Remember your traveling down here. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thanks RCR. Maybe if Hampton was in Region 4 thier records would be average also.

I've seen people saying that Hampton shouldn't try to outscore SP, but I think they need to outscore them to win the game. Whether it's 7-6 or 42-35, I think they'll need more points to win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah usually whoever scored the mosr points wins!LOL! How big is Hampton, and how physical are they up front. I went to SP- Gville and it wasn' t as close as the scoreboard said. S Pitt dominated. I hope it will be a good game. If Hampton cant stop 24 b/w the tackles they are doomed. Anyway, hope y'all have a safe trip to SPitt.

We wish...makes it sound better /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Not sure how the Sullivan South stuff got in there. We played 2A Jasper (Marion Co) week one and that Brainerd team is David Brainerd a team playing in region 3 for the first year

Ok, I see now, it was at Sullivan South against Marion Co. My bad, I was about to say that would have been very very impressive. I am sure they are still very good but a good 4A w/ the depth that 4A teams have to get beat by a 1A team would be a nice accomplishment. Good luck in the semis this week.....

Well guys, this is it. Two undefeated teams this late in the playoffs is great. This could be considered the championship game, but I know the boys from McKenzie and Mt Pleasant will beg the differ. Congrats to all 4 teams for making it this far.

I do believe Hampton has a really good team with speed and size, but so does SP. Hampton may have larger lineman, but you can ask the GV lineman, who had two guys around 6-4 250 in the middle, just how it feels to get pushed into your linebackers 5 yds off the ball. There were times they penetrated, but not often. I think pound for pound, SP has some of the best Linebackers in the state. #35 is the smallest but is a headhunter. #2 is the best tackler and has the best vision of anyone on the field. #24.... need I say more. You just do not want to be hit by this guy. And our 4th and 5th guys.... #7 who can play the pass or run... and #40 who you will see all over the field making tackles causing fumbles and bullying the offense like no other. I would have to say this is one of the best Defenses SP has had in the past years.

Good luck to both teams, and Hampton, get ready for a suprise!

NO DISRESPECT TO REGION 4 BUT THEY HAD PRETTY AVERAGE RECORDS THIS YEAR IT SEEMS IF YOU COULD BEAT ONE OF THEM YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT THEM ALL WHICH YOU HAVE DONE I JUST DON'T THINK THEY WERE AS STRONG THIS YEAR AS THEY HAVE BEEN IN RECENT YEARS.NO DOUBT YOU ALL ARE THE FAVORITES WE AT HAMPTON ARE USED TO BEING THE UNDERDOG IN ALL SPORTS BUT WE HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO KNOCK OFF ONES WE WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO ONE THING IS FOR SURE THESE GUYS ARE NOT AFRAID OF ANYBODY IT SHOULD BE FUN.

After they put the TC mercy rule in effect on your little dawgs Friday night, you'll be thinking a little differently of region 4. Mark my words!! Any 1 of those 3 teams in Region 4 would have waxed your Dawgs. Those big lineman you got are to slow to hang with these guys.

After they put the TC mercy rule in effect on your little dawgs Friday night, you'll be thinking a little differently of region 4. Mark my words!! Any 1 of those 3 teams in Region 4 would have waxed your Dawgs. Those big lineman you got are to slow to hang with these guys.

Region 4 is a really strong region in 1A. There strong and physical. Hampton couldn't keep up with them. GO PIRATES should be a great game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />