Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

Look like Millington doesn't think too much of Indy, which is pretty dumb because every team left is obviously good, nobody gets this far on luck. You guys sound stupid coming on here and predicting a 40+ Millington win. Millington obviously had the athlete factor on it's side but I think Indy had the heart, heart over athletes anyday. Indy will go out and prove once again that the real football is played in the Midstate. Good luck Eagles.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sad reality is that the State Championship game was probably played last week at Millington when they beat Whitehaven 17-13.way too conservative! Millington 56 Independence 10.

Wow, your not one for history are you? The words Memphis and state championship shouldn't even be uttered before next friday nights game is over, with the history that region has had over the last 6 years..

Do you really think Indy is that poor of a team, or is Millington, who if I may add, hasn't scored 56 points in a game all year, just that hmmm, what is a description suitable for this team on the accord of their fans, ahhhh, Christ-like?

Not knowing much, if anything, about Indepence...... What are your teams strengths??......Weaknesses?.... Most improvement over the course of the year??..... If there is one player you could mention, Who is it and why?

Well to answer..

IHS has a very stout D which the starters have not let up more than 14 since week 3... And really most points have come against the JV squad.

We play in a very tough region which seems to be "weak" because everyone beats each other. You have to be on your A game every single week to win the region.

We showed weakness in size our first two weeks against BA and MBA. But have been pretty solid.

Improvement... Everywhere.... we were left for dead after the loss to franklin and we pushed through... But IMO I would say the o-line and d-line have improved the most.

And I will mention Ryan Consiglio and so will the Millington field announcer all night because he will hit you in the mouth.... Just ask every will. co. running anf quater back... He is one of the top in the state, with 140+ tackles for sure.. not positive on the exact number... tnsparty may could help with that...

Pettigrew our running back can be mentioned also with 1200+ rushing yards by running people flat over.

Thats just a little info on IHS

I know MHS has shut out some teams... any D stats you have??

I am starting to get the idea that people from memphis are stupid.

47-14 In favor of Millington. You are out of your freaking mind

Not everyone from Memphis is stupid. Not to mention people giving their predictions aren't neccesarily stupid either. Perhaps uneducated on who they're facing. Or over confident because they had an excellent win. The way they beat us leaves the perception of Millington football a bit out of focus. Those who support Millington see the Trojans as more than they are in reality. They've viewed WS as THE team to beat all year long. Well, they accomplished that in grand style last night. Could Millington @@@@ up a 47-14 score on IHS? Sure....if IHS doesn't keep Millington's running game in check. But I assume IHS must be a pretty good team, or they wouldn't be in the semis.

One other thing, Millington is technically their own town, a few mile north of Memphis. It's got plenty of Memphis influence, but it's got it's own identity.

the sad reality is that the State Championship game was probably played last week at Millington when they beat Whitehaven 17-13.way too conservative! Millington 56 Independence 10.

wow first off you guys havnt put up 56 on any team this season, nevermind a team that has a stout D like indy does, we didnt make it to the semi's for no reason at all. Im sorry man but you must be ignorant or you wouldnt predict such an outragous score.

I'm honestly hope'n for Indy to win. Just to keep the strength of 6-5a. We're ready for another state championship. Even though it isn't us (Franklin). Some guys may be too bitter to say it, but I belive we downright got beat Friday. Just keep that intensity, and i hope this Indy Fairytale ends well...

I'm going to go with Indy winning by 3-10 points. I don't really know much about Millington, but I hope for their sakes that their team is as talented as the their coacht posting fans are cocky.

And not to discredit any Memphis teams, but we did play one of you guys for homecoming. Just sayin.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> EVERYONE wants to play 2-8 teams for homecoming! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your area of the state knows little obout our teams, and same goes for our knowledge of your area. Reputation of central/east Tn teams does make one suspect the game should be competitive.

Not everyone from Memphis is stupid. Not to mention people giving their predictions aren't neccesarily stupid either. Perhaps uneducated on who they're facing. Or over confident because they had an excellent win. The way they beat us leaves the perception of Millington football a bit out of focus. Those who support Millington see the Trojans as more than they are in reality. They've viewed WS as THE team to beat all year long. Well, they accomplished that in grand style last night. Could Millington @@@@ up a 47-14 score on IHS? Sure....if IHS doesn't keep Millington's running game in check. But I assume IHS must be a pretty good team, or they wouldn't be in the semis.

One other thing, Millington is technically their own town, a few mile north of Memphis. It's got plenty of Memphis influence, but it's got it's own identity.

My post came out wrong. I meant the predictions were stupid. Not necessarily the good people of Memphis.

Actually millington doesnt run the scores up on teams. If we're up generously our young guys take the field. If millington wanted to run up the score they could on many different occasions. I see Millington winning but anything can happen. By the way we arnt the players we are fans and what ever we type isnt the teams thoughts about Ind.. So dont say Millington is taking you guys lightly cause i will guarantee the team isnt they are going to be focused. Yes we the fans want our team to win so we are alittle cocky and like to bragg alittle but it makes the game more fun to watch.