Fulton Falcons @ Pearl-Cohn Firebirds

Big Country

I'm sure the Pearl Cohn faithful would appreciate that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

David Lipscomb has a fan who plays the bagpipes for one hour prior to kickoff. I'd get a kick out of seeing him & you do a duet in Murfreesboro if you are both in attendence /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm allergic to bagpipes.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the speakers on the visitor side are working better so I can catch some of the Stadium announcers call ... I was shocked when Fulton ran a reverse last year , he shouted "Reverse, Reverse" over the loudspeakers ,alerting the PC defense ....... "Are Ya Ready ???" ...

Tadvols, just a little home field advantage. "Are Ya Ready...... for another Catfish sandwich"? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Go Falcons!!

After all them sacks he still threw the winning touchdown against yall so don't get on here talking about [sIX OR SEVEN SACKS BECAUSE YALL STILL LOST.]

In the last 12 seconds with a TD pass, not because the Firebirds played some kind of amazing game. After Mason bounced it off the head and chest of receivers time and time again, somebody finally caught it and saved the game. BUT, if ya'll play close games, and "start slow" like your own coach said in the paper after the WH game, Fulton will clean your clocks. I am not a big PC fan, but I hope our Region wins....regardless of who it is. As I've stated before, I am NOT that impressed with Mason. And yeah, we lost....but our D fed him six or seven dirt sandwiches before he finally found a reciever to catch it.

Will there be a better turn out this year at the game? I think there were more Fulton fans that drove 3+ hours to the game than there were local people to show up for their home team. For a 4th round game, I would have expected more Firebird fans and regional fans to fill the home side of the stadium. It was eire how empty the stands were at kickoff. Maybe it was too cold to care last year. If so, that's unforunate...It's a shame you don't have the local fan support that I would have expected from a good football team.

Is there another Mid State team the locals would prefer paying to see or do you just have too many people not willing to give up a friday night of Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy?

I can't wait for Friday night! Personally, I'm looking forward to the fish sandwich... eventhough Tyner's is a little bit better.

They don't have big crowds, and at our game the ones that came were mostly "fashionably late". Their band has to spread out and their flag girls/color squad sit at least 7-10 feet apart in their poses so they can apparently make it look like they have more people. The band is late AND loud and they don't even take into consideration that PC is on offense while they're playing so loud. Don't count on hearing the playcalling unless you sit under the one speaker on one light pole.

Big Country.

Little help. In checking out the rosters for the Toyota East/West All-Star Game, there were a couple of guys not listed that I thought would surely play. Don't know if they declined or not. Gaines from White House, and Liljenquist from Dyersburg, and lastly Hudson from Howard. All three are 3A Mr. Football Finalists. I see that Mason from PC, and Holt, along with Cannon from DL are playing. I think Stokes, Hunphrey, and Smith from Fulton as well. There are some good players with Spurlock, Hightower, Douglas, Burnette, Sterling, Easterly, Tait, etc, and I know there is a All-Star game in Memphis, but from what I'm hearing, there are going to be a lot of colleges at the practices/game.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dontari Poe, and a number of the other kids over that way. I guess I just thought that with the contact period being open, and the timing of the game ahead of signing day, that some of those guys might have wanted the challenge, exposure, opportunity. Unless, they are commits, and were asked not to play.

Thanks.

ruse?

Will there be a better turn out this year at the game? I think there were more Fulton fans that drove 3+ hours to the game than there were local people to show up for their home team. For a 4th round game, I would have expected more Firebird fans and regional fans to fill the home side of the stadium. It was eire how empty the stands were at kickoff. Maybe it was too cold to care last year. If so, that's unforunate...It's a shame you don't have the local fan support that I would have expected from a good football team.

Is there another Mid State team the locals would prefer paying to see or do you just have too many people not willing to give up a friday night of Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy?

I can't wait for Friday night! Personally, I'm looking forward to the fish sandwich... eventhough Tyner's is a little bit better.

Tadvols, just a little home field advantage. "Are Ya Ready...... for another Catfish sandwich"? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Go Falcons!!

"Down and Dirty" , "Are ya Ready" , "Dont play wid it" , "Keep the Fire Burnin" .... should be interesting to say the least !!!

Big Country.

Little help. In checking out the rosters for the Toyota East/West All-Star Game, there were a couple of guys not listed that I thought would surely play. Don't know if they declined or not. Gaines from White House, and Liljenquist from Dyersburg, and lastly Hudson from Howard. All three are 3A Mr. Football Finalists. I see that Mason from PC, and Holt, along with Cannon from DL are playing. I think Stokes, Hunphrey, and Smith from Fulton as well. There are some good players with Spurlock, Hightower, Douglas, Burnette, Sterling, Easterly, Tait, etc, and I know there is a All-Star game in Memphis, but from what I'm hearing, there are going to be a lot of colleges at the practices/game.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dontari Poe, and a number of the other kids over that way. I guess I just thought that with the contact period being open, and the timing of the game ahead of signing day, that some of those guys might have wanted the challenge, exposure, opportunity. Unless, they are commits, and were asked not to play.

Thanks.

ruse?

Your head coach had to be registered with TCA (or is it TAC????) to be able to send players to this game. Cheatham Co. was lobbying hard to get Jerry Henry in this game but he didn't qualify because of this.

I can't explain how Hudson (Howard) & Gaines (White House) aren't in this game IF their coaches are in fact registered with TCA (TAC?????). That was the only roadblock that I heard of that could keep a player of the magnitude of those guys from playing in the all-star game.