Red Boiling Springs--Coach Boles 0-50!

gmfatf5

Does any from RBS know if Coach Tony Boles will resign or be fired? RBS owns the state's longest losing streak at 58 games!!! Coach Boles is 0-50 as head coach there. What gives? I here support for the football program is almost non existant and its a small, basketball community. A few yrs back I know they only had a handful of boys on the team--around 17-20. Should RBS just throw in the towel and scrap the football program? Seems like a total waste of time and taxpayer money if u ask me. Go Rebels!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any from RBS know if Coach Tony Boles will resign or be fired? RBS owns the state's longest losing streak at 58 games!!! Coach Boles is 0-50 as head coach there. What gives? I here support for the football program is almost non existant and its a small, basketball community. A few yrs back I know they only had a handful of boys on the team--around 17-20. Should RBS just throw in the towel and scrap the football program? Seems like a total waste of time and taxpayer money if u ask me. Go Rebels!!

You are a true "ATHLETIC SUPPORTER"

Lookout Valley was in the same boat a few years ago and they perservered and went 9-1 this year finishing 2nd in their region and making it to the second round against H20town and GV.

So you're saying that LV was on a 58 game losing streak -or close to that- and then went 9-1? So I guess RBS just needs 2 hang in there till this happens? I feel so sorry for that bunch...I couldn't imagine that much futility. I still say kill the program. Go Rebs!

No not that bad. But we were in a tough rut for a while. We had 13 kids in august one year. If the kids keep working hard and persevere, theyll be alright. Them boys are gonna win em a game sometime.

Lookout Valley was in the same boat a few years ago and they perservered and went 9-1 this year finishing 2nd in their region and making it to the second round against H20town and GV.

So you're saying that LV was on a 58 game losing streak -or close to that- and then went 9-1? So I guess RBS just needs 2 hang in there till this happens? I feel so sorry for that bunch...I couldn't imagine that much futility. I still say kill the program. Go Rebs!

I think somebody once said, "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." I think RBS has great heart. They may have a big losing streak, but they don't quit. We play them every year, and even though we've beaten them soundly, it's always an enjoyable game, and the folks at RBS are very friendly. Hey, if I my kids went to RBS I would want them to play football. They'd get to start for sure!

As it is, my younger son plays - and starts at Gordonsville. I hope the RBS program hangs in there and improves. This is a tough region, and RBS plays with heart. I bet if they were in a couple of other regions in this state, they'd be 4-6 or 5-5. Seriously.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I ran across this string and read out of interest in the record, and then I came to your post.

Surely you are not one of those morons who think Jr. Pro football helps in any way with high school football?!!!

Before you use the phrases "starting them early" or "exposing them to the game" or "teaching fundamentals" or any other lame excuse for a bunch of fathers to ruin football like baseball has been ruined by idiotic ideas like 5-6 year old travel teams, think for a moment and come up with some valid reason to dress 10-11 year old kids in full pads and make them think they are actually playing football when all that ever takes place is turning and pitching to the fastest kid on the field and he outruns everyone.

There is something going on here. If one town starts Jr. Pro, then surrounding towns think they have to have it, or their high school athletic programs will somehow suffer because the kids aren't starting early enough. I have coached football for nearly 20 years, and I have yet to see a kid enter organized football at the junior high level from Jr. Pro and see that he is any more prepared than some kid who has never played.

Wait a minute, there is one advantage - you don't have to teach them how to put on pads. That is it.

Good God. Let the kids go outside and freakin just PLAY!!! Quit thinking they have to "start early"

I mean nothing personal with this rant, it is just something that drives me freakin nuts. I hate to see sports corrupted by idiotic intentions, even if they are well-meant.

The Sequatchie Valley Schools (including a few from 'Bama) have a Junior high program and one just below that as well as JV. Perhaps ZonePirate could kick in here an elaborate.

I agree that they play in a rough region, but going 4-6, in another region, very doubtful, unless they played in region 2.....that would be the only way, and then that is stetching it..... What is the deal, Do all the boys simply not play and do something else.....I can not see how there is that much more to do in RBS.... I mean really.... I am sure it has many reasons why they do not win, but they should at least win a few games every year....

I would.....

1) Get a new coach..... a new coach, new ways

2)Schedule 2-3 easy teams for out of region games, Like Pickett Co who you played close this year... even non tssaa teams...to build confidence

3)get the boys to come out, you have to at least have a few athletes....get them out their, make it a extremely fun environment at first and then bear down on them...

4)set goals and forget about the history, I know all this is easier said than done, but that is what it will take....

Shut it down and send the ones that want to play to Macon County. The kids have heart and I'm all for it. But when they have a chance to play for an established organization?They should just shut the program down and send the kids that want to play 15 to 20 min down the road and let them play there. Macon County could probably use a few more athletes themselves !!!

I ran across this string and read out of interest in the record, and then I came to your post.

Surely you are not one of those morons who think Jr. Pro football helps in any way with high school football?!!!

Before you use the phrases "starting them early" or "exposing them to the game" or "teaching fundamentals" or any other lame excuse for a bunch of fathers to ruin football like baseball has been ruined by idiotic ideas like 5-6 year old travel teams, think for a moment and come up with some valid reason to dress 10-11 year old kids in full pads and make them think they are actually playing football when all that ever takes place is turning and pitching to the fastest kid on the field and he outruns everyone.

There is something going on here. If one town starts Jr. Pro, then surrounding towns think they have to have it, or their high school athletic programs will somehow suffer because the kids aren't starting early enough. I have coached football for nearly 20 years, and I have yet to see a kid enter organized football at the junior high level from Jr. Pro and see that he is any more prepared than some kid who has never played.

Wait a minute, there is one advantage - you don't have to teach them how to put on pads. That is it.

Good God. Let the kids go outside and freakin just PLAY!!! Quit thinking they have to "start early"

I mean nothing personal with this rant, it is just something that drives me freakin nuts. I hate to see sports corrupted by idiotic intentions, even if they are well-meant.

Could not disagree with you more.

Look at the team with the other 58 game streak in this state and ask the coaching staff if youth football leagues are important.

Kids can go out, have fun, and be taught fundamentals at the same time.