South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

I agree on the shootout part, but i dont think that time of possession is gonna be a telling stat.. If S.Pitts speed gets them real big chunks of yardage then their TOP is gonna be low. I can almost see this game going like the Unaka v. Cloudland game, UHS would hold Cloudland to a coupla yard on 2 or 3 plays and then on 3 (or 4rth) down Cloudland would rip off 12 to 15, they were just a bit too athletic and explosive for Unaka... Hope the dogs prove me wrong, but I feel the same thing is gonna happen tonight with S.Pitt speed getting them the win by several scores...

well men here is a little mix for everyone. i used to play for Bledsoe in middle school and grew up playing against SP, one word for everyone FAST, then my sophmore year i moved to coalfield. Hampton has beat us in the playoffs 2 times in a row since i have been here and they beat us because they are more PHYSICAL up front hampton needs to contain the end. sp needs to also hampton sweeps the end with 4 or 5 blockers hard 2 stop that lol. special teams wins the game for SP.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if you look at the stats at the end of the game and Hampton is the leader in time of possession they will win this football game. I don??™t think we want to get in a shootout with this explosive offense. Hopefully the Dogs will take advantage of the size difference on the line and control the football.

Hampton: 33

SP : 28

GO DAWGS!!!!!

They didn't "WOW" the observers at LV yesterday

Old Pirate says "Look SP fans, don't disrepect the bulldogs." OP well remembers a little ole team from SP that was not impressive looking while walking around in sweats. They were mostly average size guys, BUT that team was one of the best to ever wear the Pirate uniform and won SP its last championship, the 99 State Champs.Size matters as well as speed. It mostly comes down to the most important thing for a team. That is the "TEAM" concept. The bulldogs obviuosly have that going for them, so gear up for a battle tonight. SP on the other hand is not the most physical looking bunch strolling around either. But when they put that Pirate uniform on and step onto that field and touch that ball they instantly become plum scarey. Hopefully the Pirates will again conform to the team aspect. The seniors must lead by example and motivate the others on special teams especially.

Zone comments are not directed to you.

I think that if you look at the stats at the end of the game and Hampton is the leader in time of possession they will win this football game. I don?€™t think we want to get in a shootout with this explosive offense. Hopefully the Dogs will take advantage of the size difference on the line and control the football.

Hampton: 33

SP : 28

GO DAWGS!!!!!

I agree on the shootout part, but i dont think that time of possession is gonna be a telling stat.. If S.Pitts speed gets them real big chunks of yardage then their TOP is gonna be low. I can almost see this game going like the Unaka v. Cloudland game, UHS would hold Cloudland to a coupla yard on 2 or 3 plays and then on 3 (or 4rth) down Cloudland would rip off 12 to 15, they were just a bit too athletic and explosive for Unaka... Hope the dogs prove me wrong, but I feel the same thing is gonna happen tonight with S.Pitt speed getting them the win by several scores...

Just remember my request ZP, keep the wind off. I don't want to have to go hide behide the bathroom building again at halftime. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll do my best. Last night while we were painting the feild it was blowing just like last game. Maybe it has blown on through

I think that if you look at the stats at the end of the game and Hampton is the leader in time of possession they will win this football game. I don??™t think we want to get in a shootout with this explosive offense. Hopefully the Dogs will take advantage of the size difference on the line and control the football.

TOP may not matter at all. We have some 50 point wins where the other team had twice as much time on offense. Hampton's best shot is if the time is close to even.

Spitt fans are only seeing the size of the dogs and are saying they have the speed advantage. I think they are GREATLY underestimating Hamptons speed. If you think you are going to run around Hampton you better have guys with better than 4.6 speed cause hampton has 3 kids faster than that, and prolly 3 more right at it.

They didn't "WOW" the observers at LV yesterday