Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP fan here, ive seen the Cougars play 3 of their 4 playoff games and Im quite impressed with their speed this year, I dont think it will be enough to get by Alcoa they just have too much talent in my opinion. I will say this though, if Martin keeps getting the type of skill position players he has been getting the last two years and upgrades the defensive staff maybe we can close the gap sooner than later GP fans, after all we werent supposed to be in the Boro this year!!

Too bad for Alcoa fans you will always be in Maryville's shadow in East Tennessee, maybe one of these years you can beat the Rebs and talk all your trash to them !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

IMO the whole state is in Maryville's shadow and they deserve it. They are truly a great team and hopefully we can beat them in the near future. I won't say one way or the other but I hope we can. I hear Alcoa only gets better in the next couple years. I am happy to see us and Maryville making our 4th trip together to try and get our 4th consecutive championships. With that said, Alcoa will dominate this one and Cobb will really show out on the turf. Like was said before, way too much Cobb, Hodge, Thompson, and overall speed. Alcoa is a great 2A team and it will show for the 4th year in a row.

IMO the whole state is in Maryville's shadow and they deserve it. They are truly a great team and hopefully we can beat them in the near future. I won't say one way or the other but I hope we can. I hear Alcoa only gets better in the next couple years. I am happy to see us and Maryville making our 4th trip together to try and get our 4th consecutive championships. With that said, Alcoa will dominate this one and Cobb will really show out on the turf. Like was said before, way too much Cobb, Hodge, Thompson, and overall speed. Alcoa is a great 2A team and it will show for the 4th year in a row.

How does Maryville get all the talent up there?? Someone told me kids can pay extra to the school of their choice?? Is that true??

Alcoa is a great 2A team and it will show for the 4th year in a row.

No- Alcoa is a great team-period! They could compete at 3A,4A, and even 5A. They dominate 2A, they are probably the best team in 3A, second best in 4A (Maryville), and would be Top 10 in 5A.

I am pulling for GP as a Region 5 fan, but I am also a realist. I thought DCA could at least give them a game, so Alcoa convinced me they are in a class alone in 2A. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Alcoa on what have built in football, but also congratulations, and good luck, to GP for a good team and a great year. Give it 100% regardless of the odds and walk off that field proud, regardless of the outcome.

How does Maryville get all the talent up there?? Someone told me kids can pay extra to the school of their choice?? Is that true??

Maryville has home grown talent and superior coaching, as does Alcoa. Not sure about the "pay extra" part of your question. Both schools accept tuition under guidelines such as grades etc. but neither recruits if thats waht your hinting at (You may not be but many others do so don't take offense if you aren't)

Maryville's talent is Blount County "home-grown". The amazing part is what Maryville does with average players in 4 years of development. The Maryville coaching staff is the best I've seen at development and coaching fundamentals into their players. Alcoa's Middle school team beat Maryville's middle school team 50-0. The next year with much of the same players Alcoa's freshman team barely beat Maryville's freshman. This is with only one season under Maryville coaching. Maryville has an amazing staff and George Quarles is simply a genius.