Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP fumbles on first play, can't score on 3rd and 2 from the 6, then throws an intercept (terrible pass) after coming out and moving the ball on 1st possession of 2nd half. So Alcoa has 2 good drives and 2 short drives on TO's.

THis is really disappointing (wanted to at least see a good game), but 28 points by Alcoa halfway through 3rd is no big surprise. What is really a surprise is how fast and good Alcoa's defense is. Never thought they could shut out GP's offense. That is IMPRESSIVE!

On 4th down play from the 5, GP ran the same play they always do in that situation (Rogan sweep). Alcoa hasn't gotten where they are not being able to watch film and figure out tendencies.

Cobb is the difference. They win without him, but game would be closer.

I couldn't believe they ran the jet sweep on 4th. Just like they did last year. It's easy to "arm-chair" Coach Martin, but I have to wonder about some of their decisions. Your point about kicking off to us after winning the toss was unbelievable! But heck, he has won 3 Championships himself. It's easy to second guess. I just don't like that offense, especially with your playmakers. It really handicaps you against a well balanced team. You still had a great season. Probably see you again next year.

The wing-T is fine if you don't get down 14-0 before you ever run it. Then you are doomed.

35-3. Should have been 35-14. Really question GP's play calling and gut-check when they got inside the 5 twice, but also great D by Alcoa. Of course, Alcoa could have score again at the end if they wanted to.

Also, when the weakness of your team is defense and the other team has the best offense in the state, why do you defer and kick off to start the game? Immediately behind 7-0. I don't get it!

Congratulations to both teams, but especially Alcoa. 4 in a row is a fantastic record that probably Alcoa is the only team who could ever equal it. And only 9 seniors. Can you say 5 in a row?

Didn't GP get down 19-0 to CPA and came back with this same Wing-T they had tonight?

I def. will! Sorry you cant pick up the game. Im sitting here watchin it live. haha... 13-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. GP has it around the 5 yard line. Alcoa holds them on 4th down. Alcoa's got the ball. Hodge just limped off the field, looked like an ankle injury.

Seems like Troy limped in for a couple more touchdowns

I don't understand your point. GP apparently got down 19-0 vs. CPA and came back in that game. CPA is garbage. What is your point?

My point is they came back running the Wing-T, but I agree CPA is no where to the level as Alcoa but they are probably equal with GP as they played them very close both times this year.

Way to go Tornados!!!!!

I also posted this in a new forum. I have been an Alcoa alumni and fan for many years now. After watching the game tonight on tv, my buddy asked me a great question that I couldn't answer. Let's use Goodpasture as an example since we have played them in the final the last 3 years. The private schools have to use a multiplier, like 1.8. So Goodpasture has like 350 students and we have 510 or so. Well Goodpasture is a 1A size school that has to play 2A since everyone has to pay to go there. But Alcoa is a 2A school and anyone can pay to go there also. Anyone can pay and go to Goodpasture and anyone can pay and go to Alcoa. Why doesn't the open zone schools have to use a multiplier like the privates do. I know Alcoa and Maryville have this open zone and it looks like no one can stop them. It gets to be sad when we have to play these poor private schools that are 1A schools by numbers and have to play up and blow them away in the state championship. If Alcoa had a .8 and had to play in 3A and Maryville had a multiplier and had to play in 5A, do you think that we would have more competition come playoff time?

Way to go Tornados!!!!!

I also posted this in a new forum. I have been an Alcoa alumni and fan for many years now. After watching the game tonight on tv, my buddy asked me a great question that I couldn't answer. Let's use Goodpasture as an example since we have played them in the final the last 3 years. The private schools have to use a multiplier, like 1.8. So Goodpasture has like 350 students and we have 510 or so. Well Goodpasture is a 1A size school that has to play 2A since everyone has to pay to go there. But Alcoa is a 2A school and anyone can pay to go there also. Anyone can pay and go to Goodpasture and anyone can pay and go to Alcoa. Why doesn't the open zone schools have to use a multiplier like the privates do. I know Alcoa and Maryville have this open zone and it looks like no one can stop them. It gets to be sad when we have to play these poor private schools that are 1A schools by numbers and have to play up and blow them away in the state championship. If Alcoa had a .8 and had to play in 3A and Maryville had a multiplier and had to play in 5A, do you think that we would have more competition come playoff time?

Awesome game!!!!! Alcoa is an awesome team as well as Goodpasture! I had a great time watching it and Congrats to Alcoa...Cobb made some insane jukes tonight!

I'm sure Cobb was offensive MVP but who was the defensive MVP?

Sophomore Tyler Robinson DE

Martin's decision making was right up tere with DCA coach last week punting on 4th and 1 down by 24.

Just doesnt make sense.

Told you GP would move it all day between the 20's but would not cash in. Your play calling is too limited in that offense when you have limited real estate.

1st ever with 4 in a row....WOW!

All this with a coaching change in the middle of it, new offenses, new D schemes. (5 man front wore GP out when it counted)

Raise a glass to another year in the good life and maybe a few more to come!