Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Congrats to Alcoa!!

I'm glad that the TSSAA finally came to thier senses some years ago, and set it up to have the games televised for the entire state to see, BUT, I felt like I was watching the Tennessee vs Miami game, where Keith Jackson kept going on about how Miami was going to rout Tennessee even with the score 35-7, in favor of Tennessee! The color commentator for last nights game kept bragging about Goodpasture this and Goodpasture that, and how he had seen them play earlier vs David Limpscome, and how talented the defense was, and how well they run the ball and etc,etc.... All the while, Alcoa was dominating the game in every aspect, maybe it was just me, but it was almost funny at one point!

Anyway Congrats to Alcoa, And good luck to Maryville and Fulton!!

Well I will say this. It isnt so much that i "hate" Goodpasture but ive played against them twice (once a win and once a loss) both times Coach Martin and the players were VERY CLASSLESS after the game. It seems the newer bunch of Cougars are more well behaved however as long as Martin is there I will always wish failure on them....

Congrats to the Tornadoes!! 4 in a row!! 9 Time state champions!!!.....Heres a lil trivia question. Name me the three players/coaches that have the most State Championship rings from Alcoa.. Heres a hint the total number is 5 (not counting ADs or Trainers)

The only reason anyone ever wants to play goodpasture is the hope that they will slaughter them. They are known for their classless attitudes and there's not a whole lot of people that don't dislike them

Congrats to Alcoa, you guys are the real deal. Awesome on both sides of the ball. Congrats to Goodpasture on a great season! Silver balls are better than no balls /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

In the Tennessean Cobb said he might go to UT since he would be quarterback. Is 5 10' tall enough to be a College QB?

what? no pictures. You disappoint me.

CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS FOR A FINE GAME. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off Congrats to Alcoa!!

I'm glad that the TSSAA finally came to thier senses some years ago, and set it up to have the games televised for the entire state to see, BUT, I felt like I was watching the Tennessee vs Miami game, where Keith Jackson kept going on about how Miami was going to rout Tennessee even with the score 35-7, in favor of Tennessee! The color commentator for last nights game kept bragging about Goodpasture this and Goodpasture that, and how he had seen them play earlier vs David Limpscome, and how talented the defense was, and how well they run the ball and etc,etc.... All the while, Alcoa was dominating the game in every aspect, maybe it was just me, but it was almost funny at one point!

Anyway Congrats to Alcoa, And good luck to Maryville and Fulton!!

You have to live in Nashville to understand. Willie Donnich (sp?) is on a talk show with George Plaster. They only know what's going on in Davidson County seriously. They need to their homework big time. But I am not going to complain as I am thankful we have a broadcast to watch, especially since I couldn't leave Johnson City last night.

You have to live in Nashville to understand. Willie Donnich (sp?) is on a talk show with George Plaster. They only know what's going on in Davidson County seriously. They need to their homework big time. But I am not going to complain as I am thankful we have a broadcast to watch, especially since I couldn't leave Johnson City last night.

if you did something once a year, how good would you do??? these guys don't have time to be doing a bunch of homework on teams... heck they are expected to know everything about every topic and that is impossible. we should be glad we are able to watch the broadcasts... i don't have a team in any of the games and for one i'm glad they are on cause it saves me money and a trip - which means i get to see the games cause otherwise i don't have the time... usually i get to see parts of a couple of the games....

Say this game on TV last night... thought Goodpasture was much improved, but made too many mistakes to keep it competitive. It *should* have been a little bit closer but still wouldn't have mattered. The teams were closer talent wise than in years past, but Cobb is just a difference maker.

I was super impressed by Cobb. He looks taller than 6' out there. He could be a very good QB in college. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Vandy! He could compete for time right away.

if you did something once a year, how good would you do??? these guys don't have time to be doing a bunch of homework on teams... heck they are expected to know everything about every topic and that is impossible. we should be glad we are able to watch the broadcasts... i don't have a team in any of the games and for one i'm glad they are on cause it saves me money and a trip - which means i get to see the games cause otherwise i don't have the time... usually i get to see parts of a couple of the games....

You missed the point!! I'm glad that the games are on TV, But to say that these guys don't have the time to do any homework on any given team is a joke, in these days of internet coverage, newspaper coverage,and TV coverage, and the fact that Alcoa is no stranger to the "Murph" , just about ANYBODY should be able to come up with some material about a team playing for the championship. Just MO, but I would venture to guess that the TSSAA is too cheap to hire any commentators willing to put the time and effort into it. The guys calling the game were not terrible by any means, and I enjoyed watching the game at home. My post was just an observation, thats all!

I watched the entire game on TV. Cobb and Sam Thompson are special players and the Alcoa Oline was impressive as well. GP should have played this team close but I think Alcoa may be in their head as well. Also, trying to defend Cobb is like playing 11 against 12.

Hats off to Coach Rankin, he coaches to win State championships.

I watched the entire game on TV. Cobb and Sam Thompson are special players and the Alcoa Oline was impressive as well. GP should have played this team close but I think Alcoa may be in their head as well. Also, trying to defend Cobb is like playing 11 against 12.

Hats off to Coach Rankin, he coaches to win State championships.

Great players + great coaching you folks in Alcoa enjoy both! Congrats on winning 4 in a row that is really great! You have to love a coach like coach Rankin, your right he coaches to win state championships and he is a great person as well! Hope you guys play in the Boro every year! GO ALCOA!