South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

OP, I can't believe you admitted to this on here. You know you were going to catch some flack for going shopping with the wifee. I guess you better as much as you say she uses those frying pans on you. I guess you can only take so much of those head bangings. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate has just returned from another trip from haydees. The wife has been ticked at OP all day. Ole Pujo is on top of his game. He apparently keeps up with a lot of information on just about every team. OP bets he spends a whole lot of time researching.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wives are like an extra job. Without pay. Tax deductions are not cheap, and you work for them for free. Least they could do is give you a 30 day paid vacation. Say, 1 Dec- Jan 1. Maybe a few 3 day weekend passes like the Military. Not work you when you are sick. Lay you off sometimes. I mean give me a break here. They go on strike not the worker. Quiet the business if you ask me. Then they dont ask you do they?

Mo$$y, Old Pirate wonders if your wife is going to the game? That boy of yours is surely going. Maybe we can swap some war stories. OP had to take the wife shopping today/tonight, goodness sakes OP hates that stuff. She has been ticked all day at OP and is even worse now. OP can't help that the (help) medicine takes time to work. Yeh, just like you said Mo$$y, OP needs a week end pass.

I beg to differ, Duckman, about no Gold balls in the trophy case. The Rebel baseball team weren't supposed to beat Forrest for the Gold ball, but they did. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, I thought about that plus the Jr. High has a b-ball state champ trophy but, was really referrig to the football thing actually. Sure don't mean to slight the kids who brought those two trophies home!!! A lot of them have been on the football teams as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am a proud supporter of the Rebel team. I know they will make us proud here in Carroll County this Friday. I am sure it will be an awesome game to watch. Both teams deserve the game but I believe the Rebels will pull out a win.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

Make us proud Rebels !!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Are you who I think you are?????

Looking at some ratings out of Memphis, the 4 teams South Pitt has played in the playoffs are ranked in the top 8 in the state, the only team Mckenzie beat in the top 10 was Mt Pleasant, they are 9th. These ratings has South Pitt as a 15 point favorite.

I can tell you that MP was not the 9th best team in 1A. They were one of the top 3. If Mckenzie and MP played 10 times it would be 5-5. MP lead most of the game. Daily was gassed from 42 carries the week before and started cramping and McKenzie was safe. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes you are able to be faster on truf. In some cases it will help to perpare for the game, maintenance is the big thing.......

I think I heard on Knoxville radio that artificial turf fields are not "crowned" for drainage like real turfgrass fields are. This would make a difference, especially when passing. So a little familiarity with a different type of surface would probably benefit any team planning to play a game on it.

south pitt is the cockiest team i have ever seen in all my years. GO REBELS FROM THE SOUTH

Sandy, Old Pirate says it's not........... cocky, it is swagger.................. that sets these Pirates apart from the rest. They have worked for this opportunity for years. They simply walk onto the field expecting to win.

OP will repeat a quote from a former opponant's fan, "the Pirates talk the talk but they walk the walk to back it up."

OP says a true champion respects his opponant and prepares the mind, body & sole.

Swagger.... yes..... expect to win, cocky...... only if you choose to call it that.

If someone is a true Living Legend and a little cocky then that is good. Remember what I said about this game. New Living Legends will be formed from this game. Which of the young whipper snappers from each team will try and achieve that legend status. Everyone can be someone, but only certain ones can be Legends. This is going to be a good game. I think SP wins but it may be very close.

Old Pirate has just returned from another trip from haydees. The wife has been ticked at OP all day. Ole Pugo is on top of his game. He apparently keeps up with a lot of information on just about every team. OP bets he spends a whole lot of time researching.

Ole Pujo says, he does do his homework,ole Pujo say Hampton was a 2 td underdog and Gordonsville was a 3 td underdog. These ratings get unbelievably good this time of year. They did miss the Friendship game pretty badly. They were also very close on the Trousdale game. Ole Pujo says ,he don't care if anyone thinks they are right or not, ole Pujo has learned this over the years .

The way I see it is, South Pitt is more expoosive on offense and Trousdale's 05 team was better on defense.South Pitt can play the power game or they can just out run you, if you cheat on the run ,they will hit you with a pass. Everything they do is set up by #24. Don't even start thinking they only have one guy, the Jones kid is one of the best backs in the state. Wouldn't be surprised to see hom win Mr Football next season. They have weapons all over the field. Their line is not all that big ,but they are extremely strong and they know how to block. Its just a good team with players everywhere. I don't see them losing. Like all the good teams,they are a very well coached team.

Old Pirate says #24 Robinson is a talent. He has stepped up this year and become a leader. OP thinks #5 Jones can become a real story next year, "If" he can somehow overcome the injury bug. Pujo, most don't realize he only played a few games last year due to injury. OP has been told both are good students with good grades and some school would be lucky to sign either.

Sandy, Old Pirate says it's not........... cocky, it is swagger.................. that sets these Pirates apart from the rest. They have worked for this opportunity for years. They simply walk onto the field exspecting to win.

A little background for the folks from the West about why this group of kids expect to win every time they step on the field. The winning ways for this group of kids didn't start this year. The Jr High program is 32-1 over the last 4 years and 52-4 over the last 7 years. During the last 4 seasons the Jr High has gone undefeated during the regular season and won the conference championship 3 of the last 4 years. These kids have won the conference championship 4 out of the last 6 years. Many of these kids have played together all the way through Little League with similar winning records back then. And don't think it stops with this year...besides the Jr High going 9-0 this season the 11-12 year old Little League team went 10-0 and won their conference championship. We just don't take losing very well here in South Pittsburg...at any age...so we just win...cocky??...yea a little ...swagger??..you bet