South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

If you will read my post I was actually talking about having a winning mentality not so much about how many wins they had. But I have disagree....it sure does matter. When the Jr High runs the same O and D and the calls and practice procedures are based off of the HS scheme the kids come in ahead of the game. If you do this consistently for years you build a solid program.

Was Dailey not on those middle school teams??? I sure don't see him being stopped at that level. He is the difference between MP having a good team and just an average team.

Yes Dailey was there and for the most part the same kids. You are right though about running the same O and D in both schools. It does deffinately help the kids learn it but it also gives most of your competition more time to figure out how to stop it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody may have already touched on this but I'm not going to sift through all these posts for it....

Weather Forecast for Murfreesboro this weekend:

Friday.....Mostly Cloudy.........HI-58......LO-49

Saturday.....Cloudy.........HI-67........LO-57

I hope that holds up...I have been to these games plenty of times where I was praying it would be this warm....

Somebody may have already touched on this but I'm not going to sift through all these posts for it....

Weather Forecast for Murfreesboro this weekend:

Friday.....Mostly Cloudy.........HI-58......LO-49

Saturday.....Cloudy.........HI-67........LO-57

I hope that holds up...I have been to these games plenty of times where I was praying it would be this warm....

There was a 40% chance of rain ... Dropped to 30% ... Now 0% ... Hopefully that will hold up ...

May just be able to get away with only two layers of clothes! Instead of about four at the Mt. Pleasant game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We might not have faced four good backs in one game but we did face Marco Daily and Mr. Harper from Peabody and we did very well against them and most of the time we are a second half team like fourth quarter. I think we will be ok, if yall get two or two fifty rushing i think we will still be ok and be able to pull this one off and pull the upset.........................................................................GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Pirate says, Newbee, hopefully you being an ole country boy you have at some time attempted to catch a rabbit. You probably had some of you buddies try and help. That rabbit runs around darting and weaving through the field. Perhaps you can get lucky and corral him and take him prisoner. That rabbit is Daily or Harper and could be Robert Robinson. The point is, you and your buddies will never catch all the rabbits running wild. The rest will rob you of you garden and disappear in the dust. A couple may even sneak up and bite you in back side.

The Rebels are sure to have a few traps set but then to be successful...... the traps will have to be set & continuely watched-manned.

Does McKenzie have the man power to stop...... this pesky raiding bunch of Pirates? Nah.

Its hard to say until Friday, but these Rebels maybe as good as or better than Hampton and Gordonsville. I agree the Pirates should win but I do remember the call on the 2 point conversion in OT of the '86 Title game. Things can happen and I hope they take care of business early, continuously and often in the game Friday to keep Lady Luck and the Zebra's from having a say in the game. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and shortly after that 86 game the ref's made a call to spitt coaching staff apologizing that they made the wrong call and Carl Lehr did score on that 2 point conversion. so actually spitt won that game. but o well

Chattanooga TFP Article Pirates' foe has balance

The problem with the TFP is his son goes to SP. Zone stop trying to use it has a tool," Hargis" will write anything to make you guys look good.If they pass well they will beat you if not SP will win ,I hope SP pulls this out but if they don't cover the pass it is over.So get them ready and make us happy to be in this region.Lets leave Hargis out of it.

If I was Mckenzie I would not be as worried about SP's speed as I would their physical line and running game up the middle. SP is not as fast as they like to think because if they were they would have ran down Hampton's RB down on the long td run. Our tailback had time to fumble the ball pick it up and still get into the end zone. Don't get me wrong they are a quick team but it??™s not the best thing they have going for them.

Old Pirate says bulldog, you are still looking thru those rose colored glasses. The Hampton player made a good run and caught SP out of position. Most everyone thought the Pirates had the play stopped when he suddenly popped out and cut back across the field. The corner was running hard the other way and fell down after the cutback. OP says get your bunch of speedy bulldogs and set up a track meet next spring. Contact any of the coaches they'll hook you up.

It will be ugly, so you just keep dreaming.

OP says the Pirates ran inside on Hampton to prove to everyone they could. Now, You and some of your cousins think the Pirates couldn't run outside? If the Pirates had run outside which they could have, you would be telling posters the Pirates have no inside running game. Dream..... boy....... dream. OP says Please no one wake this cat up, he is still in fanaticiziny.

The problem with the TFP is his son goes to SP. Zone stop trying to use it has a tool," Hargis" will write anything to make you guys look good.If they pass well they will beat you if not SP will win ,I hope SP pulls this out but if they don't cover the pass it is over.So get them ready and make us happy to be in this region.Lets leave Hargis out of it.

Old Pirate says your are one brave poster. Set up a new thread just to criticize Hargis. OP says speak up there. You are probably a TT fan and still in denial.

Old Pirate says bulldog, you are still looking thru those rose colored glasses. The Hampton player made a good run and caught SP out of position. Most everyone thought the Pirates had the play stopped when he suddenly popped out and cut back across the field. The corner was running hard the other way and fell down after the cutback. OP says get your bunch of speedy bulldogs and set up a track meet next spring. Contact any of the coaches they'll hook you up.

It will be ugly, so you just keep dreaming.

OP says the Pirates ran inside on Hampton to prove to everyone they could. Now, You and some of your cousins think the Pirates couldn't run outside? If the Pirates had run outside which they could have, you would be telling posters the Pirates have no inside running game. Dream..... boy....... dream. OP says Please no one wake this cat up, he is still in fanaticiziny.

I am not knocking you just curious, what is the deal w/ the 3rd person stuff?

What??? You're a Temple fan are you not? Still a little sore about being caught and exposed I see:lol: