LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

Road 2 Three, You could not be more wrong about your statement about Middle Tennessee teams not beating a team from East Tennessee in 10 years. I played football at David Lipscomb. MY Junior in route to winning the state championship we destroyed the number one ranked team in the state Sweet Water. MY senior year we were up 49-0 on Alcoa at the half. Also Hillsboro beat Morristown in the State one year as well. Furthermore We beat Tyner two years in a row to advance to the next rounds. Sounds like you just like Big Country need to get your facts straight. This year I think the game is a toss up for both schools. Though both teams knew they could make it to the game they have over achieved to get there. Just like last State Championship game Fulton thinks they are going to roll but if Lipscomb doesnt win they will give them all they want. By the way dont feel good about Lipscomb struggling with Mitchell. Contrary to popular belief it looks like Lipscomb is the more battled tested team especially in the playoffss. Fulton hasnt had a close game in the playoffs and Lipscomb has won two close ones. In the end the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins this game.

fulton hasnt had a close game because nobody can stop em..3 out of their 4 playoff games thus far have been against top notch teams and they blew all of em out...if DL stopped tryna run every play then maybe they wouldnt have close games

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure does seem as though Fulton fans have already been measuring for their Championship rings.

Poor DL.....if they are reading this blabber...they probably need not make the trip.

Every year region 2-3a is the toughest......that always debatable esp top to bottom.

Is Knoxville an "open" district where you can attend any school.?

Fulton's philosophy will probably be much different this time around. The Falcons had a big, experienced offensive line last year and the best RB in Fulton history in Dennis Rogan. Fulton went to that power package in the 2nd half, lining Hamilton up at FB (6-1, 280), and just pounded away, taking control of the line of scrimmage. Fulton has some decent size up front this year, but not nearly as big as last year, and an efficient back in Terrence Cobb. However, I think Fulton will utilize the passing game much more this year since the strength of the offense lies in the receiving corps and Blair. Last year, Fulton tried to wear down the Mustangs using the size up front and running ability of Rogan, but this year, I think it will be a different story. I look for Fulton to rely more on the short passing game and try to hit DL with some big plays through the air. But, who knows? Should be a great game this year as well! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Last year's OLine was pretty good except for that weird # 54 kid. He was just an average Joe. Not very talented at all ....Suprised he even started. This years OLine is made up of a bunch of Average Joes just like good ole # 54 from last year....but they are getting better everygame and work as a group rather than individuals...

But was is good ... regarding the comment about "open enrollment" Fulton is the only Closed Zone School from knoxville in the championship... Alcoa and Maryville are OPEN.

FHS - 38 vs DL - 14

Sure does seem as though Fulton fans have already been measuring for their Championship rings.

Poor DL.....if they are reading this blabber...they probably need not make the trip.

Every year region 2-3a is the toughest......that always debatable esp top to bottom.

[/quote

I think this will be a good ball game, Fulton has played extremely well for the last 6 weeks.

DL will have to bring there A game to beat Fulton because of the speed and athleticism they have. There

strong point is at wide receiver and defense. As far as debating whether 2-3a is the toughest, there is no debate.

The reason being they have dominated AAA football the last seven years. Pearl Cohn, White House, and Station Camp would have all finished 3rd in that region possibly fourth. What difference does it make if Knoxville is open zoned, we all know that every Private School is. Fulton by 10.

fulton hasnt had a close game because nobody can stop em..3 out of their 4 playoff games thus far have been against top notch teams and they blew all of em out...if DL stopped tryna run every play then maybe they wouldnt have close games

Prospect Lipscomb doesnt tyrna(whatever that means) run the ball every play. Why would you question the play calling of a team that had been to the state the past three years?

Last year's OLine was pretty good except for that weird # 54 kid. He was just an average Joe. Not very talented at all ....Suprised he even started. This years OLine is made up of a bunch of Average Joes just like good ole # 54 from last year....but they are getting better everygame and work as a group rather than individuals...

But was is good ... regarding the comment about "open enrollment" Fulton is the only Closed Zone School from knoxville in the championship... Alcoa and Maryville are OPEN.

FHS - 38 vs DL - 14

You're right Semour. #54 on Fulton's O-Line last year was just an average Joe. He was nothing spectacular at all, and never claimed to be. He was just fortunate enough to be given a great oppurtunity, worked hard, and was surrounded by a great group of talented athletes. There were many players on that team faster, stronger, and bigger than him, but he simply did what the coaches' asked, worked hard, and was blessed to have been able to contribute to the TEAM effort that won the State Championship. Reilly (#66), Kennedy (#51), Wiley (#77), and Higgins (#72) were all better individual offensive linemen and together, made up a great unit for Rogan to run behind. #54 was not the most talented guy out there, not the biggest guy out there, but at the end of the day, was able to start on a very talented, experienced football team, including in Murfreesboro, not bad for a kid who weighed 180 pounds to start in the BlueCross Bowl.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes! He has already started the excuses before the game starts.

Thanks for not disappointing.

You're right Semour. #54 on Fulton's O-Line last year was just an average Joe. He was nothing spectacular at all, and never claimed to be. He was just fortunate enough to be given a great oppurtunity, worked hard, and was surrounded by a great group of talented athletes. There were many players on that team faster, stronger, and bigger than him, but he simply did what the coaches' asked, worked hard, and was blessed to have been able to contribute to the TEAM effort that won the State Championship. Reilly (#66), Kennedy (#51), Wiley (#77), and Higgins (#72) were all better individual offensive linemen and together, made up a great unit for Rogan to run behind. #54 was not the most talented guy out there, not the biggest guy out there, but at the end of the day, was able to start on a very talented, experienced football team, including in Murfreesboro, not bad for a kid who weighed 180 pounds to start in the BlueCross Bowl.

lol /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

pretty much noone in here thinks Lipscomb can win. why?

Because Fulton is the more athletic and talented team, does'nt mean that DL cant win but based

on both teams schedule and there performances over the last 4 weeks you gotta give the edge

to Fulton, I know Fulton has a lot of team speed; just ask Pearl Cohn. With that being said

DL could very well win this game if they can keep Fulton from making the big play such as long pass plays

and they have to tackle well, Fulton is a big play team and if you miss a tackle and let them in the open field they will

score touchdowns all day. I think this is a close game because DL is due to win one. I mean they have lost two in a row.

I still think Fulton wins by 10.

If Blair throws the ball like he did against Pearl-Cohn, then Fulton will throw it plenty at the Mustangs. Fulton's offense is nearly unstoppable when Blair is making the throws to Humphrey, Tyson, and Smith. All three of these guys are making their 3rd trip to the Boro and have already claimed 2 rings to their credit. Anybody who caught the PC game now knows how good these guys are. That's how Fulton blew PC out, with their passing game. Fulton's OL has improved over the year, and with T Cobb, Wilcox, and Stokes, the running game can be efficient, but Fulton's offensive strength lies in their passing game, and if Blair is on, DL won't be able to stop it.

Sounds like Fulton should have lots of yards. They can pass and DL has trouble stopping the run.

This brings up a good question: Should you do what you do best or attack the other team's weakness?

What do think?

I don't think Fulton should throw...Rogers and Holt have good speed and ball skills...they could make them pay.

OK ..here is the bottom line ... both these teams and coaching staff's respect the other ..regardless of what fans might try to get on here and get stirred up hoping to give their team an edge with saying they said this or they said that .. I know both teams wont be intimidated by the other and the fans can try to get a mental advantage all they want too but these two teams have been thru the wars and wont respond to all that crap ... now to the game ..ideally it comes down to this Can Lipscomb control the ball and the clock and thus keep the ball away from Fulton's big playmakers ??? .. can Fulton get the ball th their playmakers in open space so thay can use their speed to make plays ??? Can Falcons cut down on penalties enough to stay out too many down and distance problems, Can Fulton have some success running football and can Lipscomb handle the ball well and not commit any turnovers. I think its gonna be a close game because I see Lipscomb being able to control some clock and I see Fulton being able to get a couple big plays .. comes down to penalties and turnovers ... Im hoping for a another Fulton win ... both teams IMO are not as good as last years teams but have made it here .. I picked Lipscomb to be here for sure ..I will have to say I didnt have my Falcons there because of the 21 Seniors that left last year but they have overcome and proved me wrong and live to play 1 more game .. if Lipscomb wins Congrats , if Fulton wins Fantastic .. if Fulton looses you cant be upset ..just proud that these guys worked hard and got better during year. Getting to the Blue Cross Bowl 5 out the last 6 years is a great accomplishment for a public school.